GPS speed tracker….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BudUMfan

Go Big, Go Fast. Go Blue!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Talion EXB
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon TLR
So I got a Dynamite speed meter today so I can get real readings on basically all my rigs. But the Infraction, Felony, TLR and the Vendetta specifically.
Question: what’s the best way and area to stick it. Super strong Velcro? Zip Ties? Velcro straps? And does it have to be outside of the car. I seen to remember that when it picks up a satellite? It’ll track inside. I always see the iPhone app one on YouTube but not sure exactly how it works.

Pics of these in cars would help. I just got the “11 fing RC cars in a year?” Talk. So this is my last purchase for a few. 😖😭

EDIT: Tons of threads. Idiot. I didn’t look I’m so jacked.

71106911207__8F5FD5EA-A8A5-4642-83EE-46B38928569F.jpeg

Been through at least 6 of them. Many smashed, some the Batteries wont last for more than a few minutes after a while.. They are very delicate with impacts. It shatters in a heartbeat just from the shock of the chassis in many cases. I bought A Sealed padded GPS box for it on AMZ. I velcro strap it outside, now in its case.
At the very least use electrical tape to secure the case seems together. Battery doesn't last long either.
I now use the GNASS one with the App. And mount it inside the chassis or body with 3m SureLoc. Also sometimes using the AMZ Padded case. This has also come apart from chassis shocks with indirect impacts. If ejected it also will come apart easily into pieces.
The signal is usually not any issue wherever or what poistion it is, Upside down or not. Just needs a few minutes to get all the satellites.
The GNASS Speed Analyzer version doesn't really cost much more, sometimes the same price, it is newer and is way better. And way more accurate. Best bang for the buck.
Using the APP for control. No buttons to press. The Plain GPS one with a PC interface will map out the RC running history on a Bing Map. FWIW. Many don't use or need that tracking feature. But if you use the PC interface it shows 2 mph faster in many cases, versus what the display shows.
Having these is an RC must have tool for sure. Just Treat them as very delicate. They are. I've spent hundreds on them.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Taking it back tomorrow. I’m not dropping a 120 bucks for a fragile pos! Gracias @SrC

Been through at least 6 of them. Many smashed, some the Batteries wont last for more than a few minutes after a while.. They are very delicate with impacts. It shatters in a heartbeat just from the shock of the chassis in many cases. I bought A Sealed padded GPS box for it on AMZ. I velcro strap it outside, now in its case.
At the very least use electrical tape to secure the case seems together. Battery doesn't last long either.
I now use the GNASS one with the App. And mount it inside the chassis or body with 3m SureLoc. Also sometimes using the AMZ Padded case. This has also come apart from chassis shocks with indirect impacts. If ejected it also will come apart easily into pieces.
The signal is usually not any issue wherever or what poistion it is, Upside down or not. Just needs a few minutes to get all the satellites.
The GNASS Speed Analyzer version doesn't really cost much more, sometimes the same price, it is newer and is way better. And way more accurate. Best bang for the buck.
Using the APP for control. No buttons to press. The Plain GPS one with a PC interface will map out the RC running history on a Bing Map. FWIW. Many don't use or need that tracking feature. But if you use the PC interface it shows 2 mph faster in many cases, versus what the display shows.
Having these is an RC must have tool for sure. Just Treat them as very delicate. They are. I've spent hundreds on them.:rolleyes:
I went with the Powerhobby GNSS speed analyzer. Cheaper than the pos and seems easier. I appreciate the advice. It seems like the same as Sky RC and have good luck with their stuff. Should have it here by Tuesday afternoon and hope to put it in my Felony.

I've got the SKYRC GSM-015 and although it flies apart, the battery dies if left plugged in and the software sucks.... It still works, lol. It CAN be powered via the esc, although I haven't tried it. Having said all that, the data you can download is pretty amazing. This is the data I got from the last run in a very abbreviated parking lot. You can mouse over to any point on the red track and get data. BTW, 0-57 mph in 400' isn't too shabby, but I need much, much more room. The scale is on the bottom right.
ScreenHunter 72.jpg

That’s cool AF. I hope the powerhobby serves me well. I could get it the fastest!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back