Newly announced 1/6 Rlaarlo speed car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the intent a 100% dedicated speed run car? Or is the goal to also capture the hooning enthusiasts part of the market?
As I'm understanding it, based on the meetings so far, the "top priority" of the car would be for speedruns. This does not mean it couldn't be used in other ways. Look at the AK-917, followed by the AK-787. I don't know what, specifically, the 917 was "designed" for...but, it was immediately taken up as a speedrun car. People are, obviously, using it in other ways, but speedruns has become its primary 'purpose'. With the 787, I'd say that speedruns are, most definitely, it's primary design purpose...and, as such, this large-scale car will primarily be for the same. At the same time, it is possible that Rlaarlo could release alternate bodies, thus giving it better ability to be used for other things.

Yeah I hope they offer 2 body options for this car. I am sure the voting will result in "the people" wanting the F1 car, but they will need a speed run body also. The Jag looks the part the best. The McLaren speed tail has potential if it scales down well. The issue that I see with is is the front grill/bumper openings don't exist on a plastic rc car shell. This means much of the fancy aerodynamics wont translate.

As I'm understanding it, based on the meetings so far, the "top priority" of the car would be for speedruns. This does not mean it couldn't be used in other ways. Look at the AK-917, followed by the AK-787. I don't know what, specifically, the 917 was "designed" for...but, it was immediately taken up as a speedrun car. People are, obviously, using it in other ways, but speedruns has become its primary 'purpose'. With the 787, I'd say that speedruns are, most definitely, it's primary design purpose...and, as such, this large-scale car will primarily be for the same. At the same time, it is possible that Rlaarlo could release alternate bodies, thus giving it better ability to be used for other things.
Yes I second this. When Edison and I started talking about a larger version. He was very specific about 1: having the fastest rtr on the planet with 150 to 180mph out of the box,
2: having a world record contender car which will no doubt be required to go 230mph once next season begins with the current 222 record and a couple peiople close behind.
He said this to me many times. Fastest rc car period,

I will continue to push the interest towards making the best possible speed car, I have enough experience to know what needs to be done.
I just hope they truly listen to our input

Maybe they could try something like what Nismo did with the delta wing.
It wouldn't have the room for a dual setup probably but would have much lower aero drag.

1700685490216.png

1700685532343.png

A big one is the availability of aftermarket tires. That's certainly a bottleneck. Speedwise and optionwise. And if proven drive trains are going to be at the limit right from the start. Where is the point of an XLX2 in a even bigger car than the Limitless? Size means a lot more power necessary.

*I know this is not about the 1/6th but it is about Rlaarlo*

I think the time that they put this upcoming drag event puts us that live up north at a big disadvantaged.
its 70 in FL when its 15 here and people in Canada will have no chance unless they have an indoor place.
I am going to give it a try but racing at 80-degrees vs 25 is a big advantaged. Also, the salt trucks drop a lot of sand. I am going hope for some sunny days, a working leaf blower, and the prep sticking.

If people are down to move to a bigger platform and push the limits, I gotta purchase this when it comes out. Looking forward to the progress of this new platform 👍.
If people are down to move to a bigger platform and push the limits, I gotta purchase this when it comes out. Looking forward to the progress of this new platform 👍.

I find the scaling side of things is getting out of control.

I long wheelbase buggy becomes 1/7th, but it's roughly the size of a '1/8th' scale Truggy. If you put a Bruggy body on a Truggy - does it suddenly become 1/7th scale buggy? 🤔

The same thing happened in large scale. Whilst this was generally considered to be 1/4 scale, when HPI came out with their Baja, it was 1/5th scale. After that, FG offerings were 1/5th scale.

This new speed run rig - is it really between 1/7th and 1/5th?

Is the MT410 a 1/9th scale?

Whatever scale they end up classing it as, it sounds interesting. 👍

The sizing isn’t really cut and dry and it’s always a discussion for sure.

They are pushing towards a 1/6 scale dimension car with 125mm tires but after our meeting last night and some additional conversation with the CEO, I feel like they have a good plan for their future. It’ll be unveiled at some point.
But it is going to give us some options to make everyone happy I think.

We worked on differential ratios and center driveline design last night along with some suspension designs being looked at.

I do think this car is definitely going to be at a price point where a majority of guys will not be purchasing them but I still look forward to where they are heading

For the prize pool, you should see if you could talk them in to adding some fastest per cell prizes.
Most of us are not going to be able to run 220mph that way people like myself, K-BASH, LibertyMKiii, and especially chris adams would have a chance at winning something. I think they could get slow rc mike to join then.

For the prize pool, you should see if you could talk them in to adding some fastest per cell prizes.
Most of us are not going to be able to run 220mph that way people like myself, K-BASH, LibertyMKiii, and especially chris adams would have a chance at winning something. I think they could get slow rc mike to join then.

I think for us as enthusiasts this is appealing, but as a business maybe not.
If you look at what videos get the most views its the fastest of the fastest. Given the higher speeds give them more views / exposure for the car I get why they likely won't go for that. At the end of the day its a business and they want to make sales.

I have mentioned that in one of my conversations with them.
They are definitely going to do a rtr comp and then an unlimited class. With maybe having single and dual motor classes.
I did mention it would be cool to do a 4s class as well.
I don’t know if Mike has any interest in one of these cars but that might pull some more guys in

*I know this is not about the 1/6th but it is about Rlaarlo*

I think the time that they put this upcoming drag event puts us that live up north at a big disadvantaged.
its 70 in FL when its 15 here and people in Canada will have no chance unless they have an indoor place.
I am going to give it a try but racing at 80-degrees vs 25 is a big advantaged. Also, the salt trucks drop a lot of sand. I am going hope for some sunny days, a working leaf blower, and the prep sticking.
I saw something about a competition being postponed to the spring or summer and it had to do with the 787.
Does that mean that the drag race is postponed? The people in the north like me have a chance?

I saw something about a competition being postponed to the spring or summer and it had to do with the 787.
Does that mean that the drag race is postponed? The people in the north like me have a chance?
Yea they are trying to find a month or two that everyone can participate

We are finished with the meetings for the new platforms. Waiting to see some finalized prototypes and hopefully start getting some things to test in the next couple of months. Should be exciting.
I have two 4080svm TP motors for 10-12s that’ll be great motors for a dual of whichever car I get to setup.

Back