Newly announced 1/6 Rlaarlo speed car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Vendetta
Let’s hear some opinions on the newly announce 1/6 scale Rlaarlo car in development.

I’ve been working with them for about two months now on development and will be testing esc’s and motors for the rtr versions when the time comes.

There are some big hurtles to get over with this car as the larger frontal area will make it harder to achieve the same speeds we are with the current 1/7 platforms.

Also it will be using larger tires which there is currently no real speed tire built for yet. Rlaarlo is working on a foam designed wheels and I’ve seen prototypes but everything will need real world testing first.
My current testing of some 1/7 scale foam tires is a tiring ordeal. It’s a long process and investment(luckily I’m just putting my cars at risk for testing and not funding) but it’ll start all over with a larger wheel development.

Let’s see what you guys think. Also as more info is released I’ll post in here but currently can’t share too much

IMG_7483.png

this could be SICK!

but, rlaarlo has a poll going to pick the livery for a MT.
this could be a MT and he had a typo.
. That’s a seperate vehicle they are working on as I’ve been directly working with their development team on this road car with weekly zoom meetings.
Why have they gone 1/6 and not stayed with the tried and tested 1/7 .??
Believe me I over and over again tried to get them to stay with a 1/7 platform and possibly do a stretched 1/7 version but for that their minds I believe are made up already.

no competition......
Yeah that's probably the point. Why enter an established field of strong 1/7 competitors?

But they could be heroes if they successfully create a new 1/6 segment of cars and supporting tires, upgrades, etc.

. That’s a seperate vehicle they are working on as I’ve been directly working with their development team on this road car with weekly zoom meetings.

Believe me I over and over again tried to get them to stay with a 1/7 platform and possibly do a stretched 1/7 version but for that their minds I believe are made up already.
well look at it like this. Maybe if they can make a good 1/6th scale on road foam people just might try it on there 1/7th scales!

I kinda wish they go 1/5th scale. GRP already makes some very good 1/5th scale on road tires. I've even sent some to Gone Bananas and got them foamed up and they run nice as well. The size and weight are pretty good and they're stable but not many cars available that can really run them and most of those are EXTREMELY expensive like FG, Rovan, and MCD just to name a few. If their idea of going 1/6th scale allows for the use of the GRP 1/5th scale tires I think that would help sell the product since an established wheel would already be available.

Just my opinion. I think as the size goes up your going to have trouble with traction. My 1/5 scale gasser with street tires just spins the tire if you get on it to quickly. The car weighs 30 lbs and has a 10hp 2 stroke engine. I can't imaging a 1/6scale running 8s to 12s you would need really sticky tires

With that all said it would be one hell of a challenge for that size of an rc .

@vwturbowolf is 100% right that they shouldn't have gone with a wider car. That aero drag is going to hurt them beating any 1/7 scale records.

The fact that a 1/10 scale rlaarlo car can go 160+ mph with a small 36mm castle motor is a great case and point of aero drag.

Last edited:
This is just a marketing strategy for Raz/Rlaarlo product to begin a monopoly with the high-speed consumers that are addicted to chasing a dream.
Raz and a few other well known runners can’t help with this car unfortunately. They have prior agreements with other company that don’t allow them to take part
I kinda wish they go 1/5th scale. GRP already makes some very good 1/5th scale on road tires. I've even sent some to Gone Bananas and got them foamed up and they run nice as well. The size and weight are pretty good and they're stable but not many cars available that can really run them and most of those are EXTREMELY expensive like FG, Rovan, and MCD just to name a few. If their idea of going 1/6th scale allows for the use of the GRP 1/5th scale tires I think that would help sell the product since an established wheel would already be available.
The wheel specs I’ve gotten are 1/5 scale wheel sizes for this car so it’s possible that the grp’s will work.

hey, i wanna help! :ROFLMAO:

What in the world!!! This came from Rlaarlo via email.
their English isn’t always the best but they mean well 😂 basically he was trying to say that there is no budget for the investment they are putting into this project.

Last nights meeting we shared exterior design choices,
And I shared the 1988 Jaguar Le Mans car which I love when I was younger.
The close rear wheel design in nice and streamline.
IMG_7498.jpeg

IMG_7408.jpeg

We also argued our points on the size of the vehicle. Which I believe will be now brought to a public vote. I know what size the company wants and also if it’s publicly voted then it will be 1/6, however I believe that’ll price the car out of the market for a lot of buyers when they see the price.
I voted for a 1/7 with an optional extended chassis “kit” for extreme speed.

I think what maybe isn’t fully understood is that they want to build a worlds fastest rc car contender which will not be possible with a 1/6 scale now especially with the current market. Some of the companies working on the best tires in the world have no want to build a 1/5 platform tire which is why the 1/5 scale world record is 149 still with most of the consistent numbers being around 130. The 1/5 scale grp tires available are square hex and require adapters and also cannot hold a higher speed then that.
The run size they are considering for the 1/6 is 125-130mm.
Take into account that the current 200 mph passes are being made with the bsr tires shaved down to 93-97mm there’s a good size difference there so it would be extremely difficult to fit the current 1/7-1/8 platform wheels on a 1/6 and make it work.
Even if Rlaarlo builds a quality wheel, the updated weight of the 1/6 scale car plus 2 large 8-12s systems to power it will cause hex stripping issues very fast.

Whatever they decide it will be a cool car I am sure of it. The folks in charge of the project have a big love for motorsports heritage and I’m excited to see what comes of it

IMG_7485.jpeg

Back