Granite Granite boost 4x2 powering when everything is switched off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abzi99

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. We just got our new granite boost out of the box. We ran it until flat on the nimh and then partly ran it on 2s mode with a 2s battery before we took a break. We turned the remote off but left the car on and plugged up, after 15-20 mins the car started making a single beep tone every 5 or 10 seconds. I turned the car off. Half hour later my son decided to play with it again and when i went to connect the battery the car went in full drive yet everything was turned off. What does this mean?

Always, always, always power on transmitter 1st and car 2nd. Always, always, always power off car 1st and transmitter 2nd. In other words......don't ever have the car powered on without the transmitter already being powered on first.

Always, always, always power on transmitter 1st and car 2nd. Always, always, always power off car 1st and transmitter 2nd. In other words......don't ever have the car powered on without the transmitter already being powered on first.
Thabkyou. Its our first hobby rc and i cant believe after all the videos ect iv watched i missed this info.. complete noob mistake 😅 what do i need to do or habe we stuffed the esc

So now with a charged battery and remote on first, the tires spin at full speed when you plug it in?

It sounds like the 2in1 esc receiver is defective. I would reach out to Horizon Hobby support, if it's dead they will help you get it replaced. 👍

So now with a charged battery and remote on first, the tires spin at full speed when you plug it in?

It sounds like the 2in1 esc receiver is defective. I would reach out to Horizon Hobby support, if it's dead they will help you get it replaced. 👍

You don't actually even need the receiver on... as soon as the battery plug and esc plug touch it runs at full speed. The steering is still responding but the acceleration ect isn't. But yes also tried with a freshly charged battery. Seems like I'll need to contact Horizon.

You don't actually even need the receiver on... as soon as the battery plug and esc plug touch it runs at full speed.

The steering is still responding but the acceleration ect isn't. But yes also tried with a freshly charged battery. Seems like I'll need to contact Horizon.

Sounds like the throttle trim on the remote is cranked up to full ,perhaps by your kid by accident? Check to see where the trim is at ,and dial it back to neutral (to the middle)

And, if that isn't the case or didn't help solve the issue. Then yes, give Horizon Customer Care an email. They will help take care of the problem under warranty.

Last edited:
Sounds like the throttle trim on the remote is cranked up to full ,perhaps by your kid by accident? Check to see where the trim is at ,and dial it back to neutral (to the middle)

And, if that isn't the case or didn't help solve the issue. Then yes, give Horizon Customer Care an email. They will help take care of the problem under warranty.
checked steering trim even tried binding while the car was running. the red lights were flashing as it said it would while binding but it made no difference. I'll call horizon on Monday. my son is devastated. his last Rc broke after one run Christmas day and has waited this long for a new one and I made sure to buy something better. poor fella still only got one run :cry:

checked steering trim even tried binding while the car was running. the red lights were flashing as it said it would while binding but it made no difference. I'll call horizon on Monday. my son is devastated. his last Rc broke after one run Christmas day and has waited this long for a new one and I made sure to buy something better. poor fella still only got one run :cry:

We Feel for you as a parent and can totally understand how your son must feel.

Take some photos and a short video of the situation/what the truck is doing and post it or link it when you contact HH, their Customer Care (they will ask for it and a copy of your receipt) should be able to help you promptly.

Keep us posted.

I feel bad that your son has been disappointed again with this truck, but, unfortunately, you bought one of the cheapest Arrma trucks possible. They are cheap for a reason and sometimes you get what you pay for. But, as long as you have your receipt, Horizon Hobby will replace the defective parts.

I feel bad that your son has been disappointed again with this truck, but, unfortunately, you bought one of the cheapest Arrma trucks possible. They are cheap for a reason and sometimes you get what you pay for. But, as long as you have your receipt, Horizon Hobby will replace the defective parts.
⬆️ very true. Even though it shares chassis, arms, body, diffs, driveshafts etc with the 3s line, it has the cheapest electronics I’ve seen aside from the Arrma Voltage. You may have saved a few bucks…but look at the emotional cost of a kids disappointment. A 3s big rock or granite with a 2s battery and throttle set on 50% or 75% would run forever for your boy. You can absolutely upgrade your boost into a 3X car but it’ll end up costing more than just getting one to begin with.

Of course you can upgrade with cheap electrics but you’d have to learn how to work on it, which can be daunting if you’ve little mechanical experience. So warranty it and make sure to follow the guidelines for running it, which should be in the instruction pamphlet included and should have been carefully read to begin with. Get your kid involved with working on the car. Turn this experience into a lesson instead of a disappointment. Because whatever warranty sends you, you’ll have to figure out how to install. RC is not a hands off hobby. These toys don’t play or fix by themselves. You HAVE to learn how to work on them as well as drive them.

⬆️ very true. Even though it shares chassis, arms, body, diffs, driveshafts etc with the 3s line, it has the cheapest electronics I’ve seen aside from the Arrma Voltage. You may have saved a few bucks…but look at the emotional cost of a kids disappointment. A 3s big rock or granite with a 2s battery and throttle set on 50% or 75% would run forever for your boy. You can absolutely upgrade your boost into a 3X car but it’ll end up costing more than just getting one to begin with.

Of course you can upgrade with cheap electrics but you’d have to learn how to work on it, which can be daunting if you’ve little mechanical experience. So warranty it and make sure to follow the guidelines for running it, which should be in the instruction pamphlet included and should have been carefully read to begin with. Get your kid involved with working on the car. Turn this experience into a lesson instead of a disappointment. Because whatever warranty sends you, you’ll have to figure out how to install. RC is not a hands off hobby. These toys don’t play or fix by themselves. You HAVE to learn how to work on them as well as drive them.
Very well said....

When you decide to move away from toy shop products like $50-$100 because every single one has died after a day, you'd expect better when you spend $400+ on Hobby grade. 😅 Im new to this world of Hobby grade rc, I did stacks of research and non of the rc guys mentioned the esc or motor being cheap and nastie. And I thought I was doing the right thing buying my son a brushed upgradable product.. he is 5. I plan to get myself a blx or krayton. What I'd love to know is if there is a way to reset the esc or something.

Everyone starts off somewhere. I very much want to get fully involved with these cars, my intention is to bring the family together with them as we are all intrested in them. Iv bought the tools iv watched 100s of videos but somehow I missed the steps of the order of turning on and off.... my son was so excited yesterday we just plugged her up and just took her for a bash. A very hard lesson learnt for a "noob"
On a mega (brushed) or blx (brushless)?
Whichever one, information like that is usually in the manual.
Iv read front to back. I tried rebinding but no luck with that.

I know transmitter (remote) on first is proper protocol but I have never fried anything accidentally doing the reverse.... I am thinking something is just defective. Especially if you say it just goes full throttle with the remote not even turned on. It should do nothing with no remote signal...

I am sure customer support will take good care of you, just give them a little time to respond to your email. FYI, you will need the original receipt or they will not help you. Let us know how it goes. Hope you get to bashing soon!

Agree, its super fun and brings people together :) .

Everyone starts off somewhere. I very much want to get fully involved with these cars, my intention is to bring the family together with them as we are all intrested in them. Iv bought the tools iv watched 100s of videos but somehow I missed the steps of the order of turning on and off.... my son was so excited yesterday we just plugged her up and just took her for a bash. A very hard lesson learnt for a "noob"

Iv read front to back. I tried rebinding but no luck with that.
This is very true. I started with a mega granite and figured things out as I went, upgrading to brushless and beyond while learning them inside and out. Now I have seven or eight cars and have worked my way up to the 6s rigs and learned them inside and out. I only started in 2020. Good tools are a key thing that’s necessary so very good start there. Good attitude is also necessary which it sounds like you have. Hard lessons are also the best because you don’t forget them.

Spectrum puts out a lot of rather boring videos that will teach you much of the things that aren’t necessarily covered in the manuals very well. Watch them, try to not go to sleep and you’ll learn a lot. Of course, now that I think of it, most or all of these videos cover their brushless products so may not help you very much. Wouldn’t hurt to do a search though. Maybe they have something new out for the boost line

Are you in the states? There’s a guy on here selling the mega set up electronics from a mega infraction for cheap. They are better than the ones in the boost. May want to look through classifieds for his listing if you’re in the states, as I believe he is.

I know transmitter (remote) on first is proper protocol but I have never fried anything accidentally doing the reverse.... I am thinking something is just defective. Especially if you say it just goes full throttle with the remote not even turned on. It should do nothing with no remote signal...

I am sure customer support will take good care of you, just give them a little time to respond to your email. FYI, you will need the original receipt or they will not help you. Let us know how it goes. Hope you get to bashing soon!

Agree, its super fun and brings people together :) .
Thank you so much. HH have already contacted me 😄

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back