Granite Granite transformation...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All done..??? Slammed Granite V2.0....

I remembered I still had the original Senton chassis so thought I'd use that while I wait for the Jenny's stuff to arrive..

Managed to save the HR mount ? although it now has some battle scars from my vice..?

IMG_2879.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

Put the spare Tactic radio in so no more glitches..??

IMG_2881.jpg

Tried a different layout as I now have more length, I used the original mount I made earlier and modded it a bit so it would fit inbetween
the motor and receiver box. As one mount tab on the ESC was broken I decided to removed the other one, the mount is screwed down and the ESC is held in place with Sanojtape Acrylic Foam Tape this stuff is super strong but easy to remove..??
The white piece you see is an impact foam block to help not have the same problem with the battery in case of another frontal impact..?

IMG_2910.jpeg

IMG_2909.jpeg

So here it is again in all its glory but even longer this time..??
Won't get to test it till later in the week but hopefully it lasts longer this time..???

IMG_2889.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

Slammed Granite V2.0...???

IMG_2891.jpeg

All done..??? Slammed Granite V2.0....

I remembered I still had the original Senton chassis so thought I'd use that while I wait for the Jenny's stuff to arrive..

Managed to save the HR mount ? although it now has some battle scars from my vice..?

View attachment 42158

View attachment 42159

Put the spare Tactic radio in so no more glitches..??

View attachment 42160

Tried a different layout as I now have more length, I used the original mount I made earlier and modded it a bit so it would fit inbetween
the motor and receiver box. As one mount tab on the ESC was broken I decided to removed the other one, the mount is screwed down and the ESC is held in place with Sanojtape Acrylic Foam Tape this stuff is super strong but easy to remove..??
The white piece you see is an impact foam block to help not have the same problem with the battery in case of another frontal impact..?

View attachment 42161

View attachment 42162

So here it is again in all its glory but even longer this time..??
Won't get to test it till later in the week but hopefully it lasts longer this time..???

View attachment 42165

View attachment 42166

Slammed Granite V2.0...???

View attachment 42167
Let’s keep it real, it’s not “in case” you crash again, it’s “when” we all crash again ??

So finally got out with the Granite, was all going well building up speed on each run and then it happened...!!

I ran out of road... over here in the UK everything is so small..???

Second battery trashed and the motor mount bent again, haven't taken it apart yet so could be more damage again..?
I did manage a 60.8mph pass before it was all over, and it has definitely got more speed in it I just need more space...!!

The tyres start ballooning above 50mph and the front is trying to lift off the ground, going to try venting them to see if that makes it any better.
The Garmin works fine so that's one bonus, I don't need to buy a speed meter.

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3109.jpeg

IMG_3107.jpeg

Battery number 2 all smushed, not as bad as the first one though as you can see in the pic below...

IMG_3114.jpg

Really unsure as what to do with the battery, I'm so paranoid about Lipo's and fires..

IMG_3115.jpg

Battery 2 on the left, battery 1 on the right....?

IMG_3135.jpg

So for now my speed testing has come to an end again..?

Just read all of this now Brian. Don't know how I missed this but glad I just found it.

It's not as easy as people think speed running, ...keep it up though as it's a fantastic feeling when things go right. One thing though I'd ditch the Typhon wheels as I could have told you they'd be no good for speed runs, why do you think I never used them. ;) Get some GRP's and you'll be much happier.

Best of luck. (y)

What's granite about it besides the body? Does it have the Typhon/BRCC/Senton chassis?

@bicketybam ... at first it was a Granite then I snapped the chassis in half, so swapped it all over to a spare Senton chassis I had..?
So you are sort of right..?
Just read all of this now Brian. Don't know how I missed this but glad I just found it.

It's not as easy as people think speed running, ...keep it up though as it's a fantastic feeling when things go right. One thing though I'd ditch the Typhon wheels as I could have told you they'd be no good for speed runs, why do you think I never used them. ;) Get some GRP's and you'll be much happier.

Best of luck. (y)

@GMballistic ... yeah speed running is very nerve-racking especially over here with no space, I was ???ing myself as the road I used had a dead end, and well as you can tell I found the end...!!?
I do have some prolines I might try, but thought I give it a go first on the Typhon tyres..!! In the end this is just me messing about until my Infraction arrives..
A costly attempt at messing around..??

Last edited:
Get some hard case lipos for future testing. The ones that are toast, well, I say take them outside and use a bb gun to put them out of their misery. As a bonus, you might be able to smoke your neighbors out of their house. ?

Well got it stripped down again, seems to be less damage this time..?

Done the motor mount again ? and the motor has had the end cut off by the heatsink, the rest of it seems good..!!

V3.0 incoming soon...

Watch this space..????

IMG_3148.jpg
IMG_3149.jpg
IMG_3151.jpeg
IMG_3146.jpeg

Are you going to get this 'Shaved Granite' up and running for take two? Would love to see a video on this!

What is the black part on the rear of the motor..??

I've got some GRP's en'route for my Infraction so may give it one more go, then turn it back into a "cough cough" standard Granite...??
The rear motor block I made to support the motor plate I keep bending.

It's back and it's ALIVE..!!! ?

Well its gone back to being a normal Granite, well sort of ?....

Reverted to stock 3s electronics but kept the 40mm fan on the motor, custom body and a few 4s bits added..???
I have an Infraction now as most of you know, so this little Granite's speed run days are over..?

IMG_4635.jpeg
IMG_4637.jpeg
IMG_4633.jpeg

Last edited:
It's back and it's ALIVE..!!! ?

Well its gone back to being a normal Granite, well sort of ?....

Reverted to stock 3s electronics but kept the 40mm fan on the motor, custom body and a few 4s bits added..???
I have an Infraction now as most of you know, so this little Granite's speed run days are over..?

View attachment 55719View attachment 55720View attachment 55721
Is that body from hobby king, I seen one on that site looks just like that w/o stickers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back