Hardcases lipos safer? I don't think they are what we think they are

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
Lucky me who wanted to seal my hardcase lipo because it was flooping all round the case inside and saw how trashy the case was made i was able to compress both halves of the case and hit the lipo the top has a small double sided tape with foam and ag the bottom nothing and there was a small rock who almost punctured a hole ?‍♂️
A33D5D30-0634-4119-AD90-E666877C50A9.jpeg

A receipt for disaster a little rock gets inside the lipo u land a high jump and boom disasters i think i saved mine in time will seal the wires with shoe goe

sadly every hardcase lipo i had all of them had this kind of damage inside the hardcase
I will ask for a refund of the second lipo its just disapointing to see. Its like lipo manufacturers don't know what they are selling and where those lipos are going to be used

So far my hrb 4s soft case has been the best lipoi ever bought 5000mah+ everytime i charge it from fully discharged and claims to be a 5000mah lipo while the other the awanfi gets 3500mah(5000mah rated) 4600mah for the zee (5200mah rated) the awanfi only had 3 cycles so they might increase in capacity like the zee did.

Are hardcases better than softcase? Depends if your lipo get ejected they will be saved but stuff getting inside your lipo and damages the protective layer ruins the purpose of having a hard case lipo makes it somewhat more dengerous when you specially want it to avoid damages by rocks or other hard stuff when running your rc and they charge you like 10$ more for an hardcase option
Issue could be easily fixed by covering the top and bottom cells with equal sized foam tape

its my take on it?? I think im going to just support hrb and get soft cases and protect them with gorilla tape and shoegoe for the seal

Last edited:
I think its pretty simple to understand trash get inside the hardcase and you run your trucks with that crap inside if you are unlucky enough you can get a puncture

i already had a hardcase lipo leak because it was so badly damaged by debris lucky for me had a tiny hole but it didint go boom
There was a 2mm sharp rock that impaled itself into my hobbystar softcase after being wedged into it from a jump. It was fully in there to the point where I never noticed it because it was level with the outside of the battery. I picked it out with a blade and had no damage. The shell of a cell can take a good amount of puncture before it finally gets a tear.

litterally everything you wrote is common knowledge, hard cases aren't bullet proof stuff still gets in them. No battery is perfect especially for bashing. Btw you really need someone to proof read your posts before you make them, you are so hard to understand.

litterally everything you wrote is common knowledge, hard cases aren't bullet proof stuff still gets in them. No battery is perfect especially for bashing. Btw you really need someone to proof read your posts before you make them, you are so hard to understand.
He's French Canadian. Cut him some slack ???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back