Senton Hd input shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zachbg37

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. 4x4-Mega
Anyone see or hear about this yet?
Ive broken one to many, and I'm not nearly as skilled as megasty, so I haven't tried his mod yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-26-15-06-10.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-26-15-06-10.png
    385.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 0126181418.jpg
    0126181418.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 141
yeah, I saw that on Tower, but that part number no longer comes up on Arrma's site, and the date keeps moving back farther and farther, so i wonder if it will ever actually come in stock?

Maybe we can get @Megasty to make and sell some to us for $20 :)

We can help him fund his next Arrma purchase !!

TT

Bummer. I really hope they release this.
Megasty, if you do decide to sell, my PayPal is ready when you are.

Bummer. I really hope they release this.
Megasty, if you do decide to sell, my PayPal is ready when you are.

I don't mind selling them, but I'm running out of parts too. I have plenty of axles & pins but no gears. You can send me the broken gear & I'll be happy to mod it for you.

As for that HD gear, it's supposed to be designed to handle brushless power :rolleyes: But it is hitting some snags. I asked my LHS about it the last time I raided the place :p & he had inquired Arrma about it since there were many people coming in with busted gears even on the stock truck. 'They're redesigning the gear to meet current & future model demands' was the way he worded it. So obviously the the gear they was going to dump on us this month was some more plastic trash. It appears that they have wised up.

Last edited:
Is this all i need to do the hd input pinion mod?

Attachments

• 20180201_232402.jpg
    20180201_232402.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 122
@Megasty you're a genius. I just did the input mod after breaking yet another gear.
I put the granite tires on my senton with a 3s, and this holds up to everything in its path. Thank you for your wisdom, sir.

Got the final CAD design finalized today and sent off @ 2am, so about 10 min ago. It should be a week turn around, barring no complications. The first process run is a little pricey but only due to the small test quantity. I'm only doing about 5 of each size. 63t, 60t, 57t, 54t, and 50t. I'll be sending them out at cost to get people's opinions of them before I get larger quantities made. The more input I have from others the better.

@XtremeRCLadsonSC we need pinion gear as top priority, they are the ones that are snapping on anyone that upgrades to brushless.

A steel input gear will be detrimental to the diff ring gear. All these components need to be lightweight steel, given their ridiculous size. Replacing all the plastic junk on the spur gear alone made it terribly heavy. So much so that both my blx85 system & Castle 1410 sensored system had no chance turning the thing with any kind of torque. Which was why I dropped the blx185 so soon.

I'm currently experimenting with wedging a few different diffs in the compartment & the results make me wonder what kind of monster Arrma is contemplating with this thing. Metal diffs alone will make this guy comparable to the Siren or ProMT 4x4 - but using a 1/10 system in it is a no go. The drivetrain will have to shed some pounds.

I don't mind selling them, but I'm running out of parts too. I have plenty of axles & pins but no gears. You can send me the broken gear & I'll be happy to mod it for you.

As for that HD gear, it's supposed to be designed to handle brushless power :rolleyes: But it is hitting some snags. I asked my LHS about it the last time I raided the place :p & he had inquired Arrma about it since there were many people coming in with busted gears even on the stock truck. 'They're redesigning the gear to meet current & future model demands' was the way he worded it. So obviously the the gear they was going to dump on us this month was some more plastic trash. It appears that they have wised up.
Sweet!!... I'd love the mod.. where do ya want me to send the gear?..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back