Help for reliable charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
My hitec ac/dc 50 what charger i think finally died 8 years old. There is a loose contact inside the power supply i think because i shoots sparks when the power starts flowing again. Im trying to find a better charger but i came up with reliable issues in the most used chargers.

For example the venom pro duo has channel two issue and they don't seem to stand behind their products from my research

an really interesting charger atm for me is the isdt and HTRC but they are made in china and reliability seems to belacking. Anything reliable to suggest i don't want to lose my investment after 6 months

There is not one charger (that I know of but don't know all of them) that is not made in China. Get one from Horizon if you want support.
There are no reliable electronics. All items are in the 95-98% success range over the first couple month.

What power range do you need?

I have two Lectron Pro acdc-10amp 100w chargers. I'm selling both btw! Only used once each and they are pretty bad ass for are hobby. They do everything perfect. I'm only selling because I want to run all Spektrum Firma products by choice but when I bought these at the hobby store it what they were suggesting.
Either way looking them.

There is not one charger (that I know of but don't know all of them) that is not made in China. Get one from Horizon if you want support.
There are no reliable electronics. All items are in the 95-98% success range over the first couple month.

What power range do you need?
Trying to get double channel charger
I have two Lectron Pro acdc-10amp 100w chargers. I'm selling both btw! Only used once each and they are pretty bad ass for are hobby. They do everything perfect. I'm only selling because I want to run all Spektrum Firma products by choice but when I bought these at the hobby store it what they were suggesting.
Either way looking them.
The problem is where are you locaded?

Close to Stockton, California.
If ur not close I could attempt to post them on offer up with shipping. Haven't went that route yet but I sell firesticks on there often.
Im in canada oof
When i say china i don't want a china brand charger sure usa companies makes their charger in china
OOF
1B984A5D-1DDF-4BEB-8F6A-86AEBCAD2C0E.jpeg
1DA3C8E4-D336-4ED8-A1A8-9A69A3067778.jpeg
AF4D86ED-2253-40FE-A775-55AB9C5043CD.jpeg

I need a nee charger anyway just happy i have more time now because i had one lipo who wasnt in storage charge

Last edited:
My Hitec D7 started flaking out on me as well. Stopped balancing properly. Would pull packs off it that were .5V different from cell to cell. I bought it used and got a years worth of use out of it... no clue how old it really was.

My old dynamite 4x100w/4x10A has held up great for nearly 4 years now. I always have it set to charge at 10A on all 4 ports, so it hasn't had the easiest of lives.

Strange that they discontinued it:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/prophet-sport-quad-4-x-100w-ac-dc-charger/DYNC2050.html

I know a lot of people on here like the hota d6 + charger:
https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=447

Those are all rebrands with same technology. The newer ones (HOTA tec.) are based on newer tec.
Almost seems like HOTA is the baseline for Spektrum as well, pure speculation though.

I have an old Traxxas as well and that was already a clone of Hyperion (at that time). Not a lot of innovation on chargers, just a lot of marketing and re-branding of the same technology.

Last edited:
My first charger is a HiTech RDX1 Pro and it works great. I do need to go dual channel though - or just a second good charger.

Anyone have an idea what reasonably priced charger will also measure internal resistance? I mean I don't really need that, but I'd like it. Can be a single since I already have a single.

Those are all rebrands with same technology. The newer ones (HOTA tec.) are based on newer tec.
Almost seems like HOTA is the baseline for Spektrum as well, pure speculation though.

I have an old Traxxas as well and that was already a clone of Hyperion (at that time). Not a lot of innovation on chargers, just a lot of marketing and re-branding of the same technology.
I could be wrong but I believe that HOTA designed the tech and let everyone else use it, my Thunder AC680 says HOTA Charger when it boots up, I think my Imax B6AC+ did as well and my Hitec X2 400 uses the same software with and button layout as the Thunder and Imax chargers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back