Help me spend some money!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ross_jsy

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Mega
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Talion
Hey guys

Decided I fancy a new RC, just unsure what so looking for some feedback. Got a basket loaded and an itchy debit card :D

I've narrowed it down to 3. I am looking for something smaller and lighter than my current fleet as I have been having so much fun with my daughters Granite 4x4 I've been taking with me to the skatepark.

Option 1 is the v2 Kraton 4s. Pros: the cheapest of the 3 I have posted, I like Arrma's and from what I have seen it looks like a great handling bit of kit. Cons: Slipper clutch is putting me off. I am also going to have to buy new batteries as the 4s I have don't fit negating the cheaper entry point.

Option 2 is a Widemaxx (as it's called in the UK). Pros: I have a rake of 6700mAh Traxxas 4s batteries from when I sucked the Traxxas teat getting back into the hobby. They seem pretty bulletproof. I already have the X so the mini one would be cool. Cons: I don't really like Traxxas I have come to realise, I am a lot of money into my X for something that handles like a wheelie bin and bounces around awkwardly, worried the Widemaxx is going to be much of a muchness just on a smaller scale.

Option 3 is a bit of an oddball. An E-Revo 2.0. More of a hangover from lusting after the original 2.5 Revo when it was released when I was a teenager. I guess pros are I love how they look and handle and I have plenty of 3s batteries that will fit, cons are they seem insanely fragile.

Any other suggestions are welcome! Just to rule out a couple; the MT10 is out of stock till the V2 is released and an MT410 isn't a go due to struggling to find them and parts easily in the UK.

Many thanks

Ross

Widemaxx is more durable than the Arrma and is easier to work on than the Revo but is probably the worst handling of the 3. I say wait out the MT10.

I really like the interchangeability of the arrma platform, and I don’t know personally if it’s a feature of the other ones you mentioned like the maxx I don’t have an experience with it. But the way you can mix and mash parts to change your configuration between two completely different cars that they originally sold, is really a plus.

If I were starting out again and wasn’t sure if I would end up wasting most of my income on this hobby, I would go with the 4s. while it’s still doesn’t have a differential, the car is tough enough to handle a fairly tight slipper, I don’t think it’s a huge problem. I still have fun driving my 3s cars but it’s too easy to run into durability limitations.

I love my maxx.
45DCE16E-AF96-4419-965C-08D9CC375474.jpeg

4F8A8092-6B60-46AC-9B84-BBF032820597.jpeg

8E7796E7-0E43-48C1-932F-C78F19C58684.jpeg

I’d go widemaxx. You have the batteries and they’re durable as heck.

The Kraton 4s has always been a bit of a turn off when you compare it to the sales the seem to always have on the 6s version.

My brother has an E Revo 2.0, his definitely seems to be weaker than my Maxx has been, but he really enjoys it. It is definitely bigger than the other options you have listed. With them coming down in price, it is definitely a more tempting option though.

Pppppfffffssssstttt....traxxas? 🙄

I have 6 Traxxas vehicles and 5 of them I would buy again in a heartbeat before I ever touched another Arrma 1/10 4x4 model. Imho the Arrma 1/10 4x4 vehicles are the most overhyped piles of crap in this hobby.

I have 6 Traxxas vehicles and 5 of them I would buy again in a heartbeat before I ever touched another Arrma 1/10 4x4 model. Imho the Arrma 1/10 4x4 vehicles are the most overhyped piles of crap in this hobby.
I was just kidding I own a Traxxas. This is a arrma forum correct??

Wow there really isn't a lot of love for the 4s Arrma line even on the Arrma forum!

So that is one ruled out. I am leaning towards the Widemaxx of the remaining 2. I got bitten by the 1/16th revo so perhaps I should take that as a sign.

But now I have a new curve ball thrown. My missus has said I can get an XRT. I'm not whipped btw, we have another kid on the way and she is moaning I don't have enough time as it is. Funny how that changed when I bought her a new oven today. Ho-hum!

So now XRT vs Widemaxx and I am going to order it tonight...tough decision!

Wow there really isn't a lot of love for the 4s Arrma line even on the Arrma forum!

So that is one ruled out. I am leaning towards the Widemaxx of the remaining 2. I got bitten by the 1/16th revo so perhaps I should take that as a sign.

But now I have a new curve ball thrown. My missus has said I can get an XRT. I'm not whipped btw, we have another kid on the way and she is moaning I don't have enough time as it is. Funny how that changed when I bought her a new oven today. Ho-hum!

So now XRT vs Widemaxx and I am going to order it tonight...tough decision!
FEIW. I love my 4s Outcast but if had it to do over again I would have spent the money on a 6s rig.

Well what’s the 6th?
The 1/16 Summit, I hate everything about it. It doesn't handle very well, it tips over way too much and working on it is a pain in the ass.
I was just kidding I own a Traxxas. This is a arrma forum correct??
Yes but so many of us own cars other than Arrma and considering it is one of the more popular and most active forums you can easily get feedback and information on more than just Arrma.

Do you have a good spot to run the XRT?

Well I have an Xmaxx already with a few places I take it but I was looking for something smaller originally mainly due to wanting something that breaks less than the big stuff. But saying that the only stuff the X Maxx really breaks is as a result of sticking a big can in it as it's pretty much always driveline related issues.

What I need is Traxxas to release a mini XRT based on the Maxx platform.

FEIW. I love my 4s Outcast but if had it to do over again I would have spent the money on a 6s rig.

See I have 2 6s rigs already with my Outcast about as upgraded as it can be and my Talion not far behind. I eyed up a Kraton EXB, I just want something else as it is too similar to the Talion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back