SCX24 woes, help me please help me please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt05

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Well after not messing with my Scx24 gladiator for at least a year, I tried to give her a go yesterday and it seems everything is on the fritz. Servo is twitching and glitching. Constantly wants to crawl, reverse is forward, forward is reverse.

I tried adjusting all the inputs, reverse throttle and steering trims (I think when I reversed the throttle it in turn reversed the steering). Tried rebinding and that didn’t seem to do anything.

So I’d like to upgrade the servo, esc, motor and receiver but I’m not really sure what is needed, what’s the go to. I know Furitek, but what is what? It seems they have so many different combos with way too long of names.

I don’t really need the tippy top of the line, as I don’t use it that often, but I don’t want to put junk in and have troubles. Perhaps a nicer set up will make me want to mess around with it more.

Appreciate whatever help/advice you dudes can give.

IMG_0620.jpeg

Well after not messing with my Scx24 gladiator for at least a year, I tried to give her a go yesterday and it seems everything is on the fritz. Servo is twitching and glitching. Constantly wants to crawl, reverse is forward, forward is reverse.

I tried adjusting all the inputs, reverse throttle and steering trims (I think when I reversed the throttle it in turn reversed the steering). Tried rebinding and that didn’t seem to do anything.

So I’d like to upgrade the servo, esc, motor and receiver but I’m not really sure what is needed, what’s the go to. I know Furitek, but what is what? It seems they have so many different combos with way too long of names.

I don’t really need the tippy top of the line, as I don’t use it that often, but I don’t want to put junk in and have troubles. Perhaps a nicer set up will make me want to mess around with it more.

View attachment 335411

I really love the Emax servo and injora mount. Comes with an aluminum arm as well as the plastic one.
Servo here
Im loving my Little Guy Racing Products 66t Reaper motor here.

I'm still on the stock radio and esc. don't have a recommendation on that yet. Maybe @Doom! can steer you to a good option?

Last edited:
Check your antenna wires and make sure they are clear of the motor and ESC wires. That will glitch all over. If that doesn't work try swapping the radio.

I have a stock ESC/receiver & radio some place. If I can find it we can certainly make it yours for a low low price.

I did a Furitek upgrade, the pics are here. It's much better than the stock setup but does require some re-jiggering.

https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/scx24-upgrades-or-is-it-down-grades.140146/

View attachment 335411
Do you have fresh batteries in the transmitter? I had similar issues and that fixed it for me

Check your antenna wires and make sure they are clear of the motor and ESC wires. That will glitch all over. If that doesn't work try swapping the radio.

I have a stock ESC/receiver & radio some place. If I can find it we can certainly make it yours for a low low price.

I did a Furitek upgrade, the pics are here. It's much better than the stock setup but does require some re-jiggering.

https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/scx24-upgrades-or-is-it-down-grades.140146/

When I get home I’ll have to mess around with the antenna and see if that could possibly be the issue. It’d be nice to get that lucky.

Do you have fresh batteries in the transmitter? I had similar issues and that fixed it for me

I believe the ones in it are a bit old, so it is definitely worth a shot.

Well I switched the batteries in the tx and it behaves normally now, but it has almost no forward power. I moved the antenna around and it’s still the same. Reverse seems the same as new.

Well I switched the batteries in the tx and it behaves normally now, but it has almost no forward power. I moved the antenna around and it’s still the same. Reverse seems the same as new.

This is the stock motor/ESC? I don't recall any adjustments on there.

Check your settings on your TX and make sure dual rate isn't cranked up or something.

This is the stock motor/ESC? I don't recall any adjustments on there.

Check your settings on your TX and make sure dual rate isn't cranked up or something.

All stock. I’ll mess with it a little more and report back.

My FMS gets really weird shaking in the servo when the tx batteries are low, no idea why but i spent a good couple of days messing with it before i tried that.

Maybe I’m blind but I’m not seeing a low-med-high switch.

Back