Help me spend some money!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have an Xmaxx already with a few places I take it but I was looking for something smaller originally mainly due to wanting something that breaks less than the big stuff. But saying that the only stuff the X Maxx really breaks is as a result of sticking a big can in it as it's pretty much always driveline related issues.

What I need is Traxxas to release a mini XRT based on the Maxx platform.

See I have 2 6s rigs already with my Outcast about as upgraded as it can be and my Talion not far behind. I eyed up a Kraton EXB, I just want something else as it is too similar to the Talion.
Get the xrt! we have big cans in all 3 XRT and the only weak spot for me as been the bellcrank.. XRT center driveshaft also doesn't bend as easily as the xmaxx. Thing drives so nice you will forget it's 1/6th scale. I think main reason the wifey loves hers so much is because it feels like an 1/8th scale when she drives it :ROFLMAO:

#XRT

Get the xrt! we have big cans in all 3 XRT and the only weak spot for me as been the bellcrank.. XRT center driveshaft also doesn't bend as easily as the xmaxx. Thing drives so nice you will forget it's 1/6th scale. I think main reason the wifey loves hers so much is because it feels like an 1/8th scale when she drives it :ROFLMAO:

#XRT
You have 3 of em now??!!😯😆

Is it significantly smaller than the Kraton 8S? You have both right?
it's actually very similar size to the k8s, it's just a helluva lot lighter and you can definitely feel that when you're driving it. Arrma 8s rigs feel like rolling tanks that will plow through anything. Traxxas 8s feel like the athletic brother.
I've heard a lot of good things about XRT, and I would like to have one, but 1k not including upgrades is my biggest deterrent.
Honestly you don't need many upgrades. All I did was sell my electronics as new and buy a bellcrank. You can even keep stock motor and just sell esc and buy a max 6 or something. The servo does suck for anything other than stock tires though.
You have 3 of em now??!!😯😆
Wifey wanted one after she drove mine and then I got a 2nd one for no good reason at all tbh. I don't regret it though! I made it different by adding m2c wide kit and tossing in a max 5 instead of xlx2 :ROFLMAO:

Well it's in the basket (in green to match the X).

Honestly you don't need many upgrades. All I did was sell my electronics as new and buy a bellcrank. You can even keep stock motor and just sell esc and buy a max 6 or something. The servo does suck for anything other than stock tires though.

I think you went for the m2c bell crank right? With postage it's as close as makes no real difference to the Vitavon offering. Are you happy with it? I'll be honest, $55 for what it is stings a little!

Well it's in the basket (in green to match the X).

I think you went for the m2c bell crank right? With postage it's as close as makes no real difference to the Vitavon offering. Are you happy with it? I'll be honest, $55 for what it is stings a little!
I bought 3 and installed one so far. I ended up breaking part of it during installation. Probably due to my own ignorance with the platform but the way I broke it for sure wouldn't have been possible on the Vitavon. I also thought it looked cheap when I opened the package. Definitely doesn't seem worth the price but they're one of only two options and to be fair, I'm like the only one who had a problem with it.

All that said, I wish i would have brought 3 vitavon bellcrank but I have one coming any day now to replace the broken m2c one. I will be extra careful when I install the other 2 m2c ones.

I bought 3 and installed one so far. I ended up breaking part of it during installation. Probably due to my own ignorance with the platform but the way I broke it for sure wouldn't have been possible on the Vitavon. I also thought it looked cheap when I opened the package. Definitely doesn't seem worth the price but they're one of only two options and to be fair, I'm like the only one who had a problem with it.

All that said, I wish i would have brought 3 vitavon bellcrank but I have one coming any day now to replace the broken m2c one. I will be extra careful when I install the other 2 m2c ones.
Well that answers that! Vitavon it is. Cheers bro

Bro if your looking to spend money let me give you some advice from younger me

Strippers
Cocaine
Harleys
Guns

In no particular order

And if your pocket is really deep throw speed boats in there

Just trying to help 😝
Strippers have never been my thing
No comment
I'm a KTM guy
The government took them when I got diagnosed with bipolar

And I have an offshore powerboat.

Appreciate the help bro but I live a good life :D

The 4s arrma main issue now is the arms being too solid causing the chassis to rip and bending the pin. The arm should act as a fuze like it always did but on the v2 they made them rock solid like on the 8s trucks and well it aint working
Thinking of drilling holes on mine i really don't wantt o break my chassis if i do i fix it and its gone. Im not messing with design flaws that shouldnt be there to begin with
I would love that so much!
And a conversion kit from maxx to mxrt
They will im pretty sure. To crush arrma again for on the 4s platform. It will destroy by itself the whole line
Get the wide maxx i will say. You can improve the handling by tuning the shocks and diffs to an extent

it's actually very similar size to the k8s, it's just a helluva lot lighter and you can definitely feel that when you're driving it. Arrma 8s rigs feel like rolling tanks that will plow through anything. Traxxas 8s feel like the athletic brother.

Wifey wanted one after she drove mine and then I got a 2nd one for no good reason at all tbh. I don't regret it though! I made it different by adding m2c wide kit and tossing in a max 5 instead of xlx2 :ROFLMAO:
Any reason why you opted for the m5 over the xlx2?

Any reason why opted for the m5 over the xlx2?
I have more xlx2's than max 5's but I went max 5 this time just because having xlx2's in bashers is stressful. I've had one go up in flames and the replacement die in under 10 mins on the first pack. I do like the xlx2 more though, I just hope I don't have anymore problems with em.

I love this forum. Two responses in less than a minute.
I have more xlx2's than max 5's but I went max 5 this time just because having xlx2's in bashers is stressful. I've had one go up in flames and the replacement die in under 10 mins on the first pack. I do like the xlx2 more though, I just hope I don't have anymore problems with em.
It seems like the max5 doesn't offer poop for features though. Sensorless, very few tuning features either. Everyone seems to recommend them though.

E-Revo 2.0. ... insanely fragile.
Mine breaks something every other time I drive it. Last summer I broke one of the rear links that always snap (even though I have limiting straps already) so I splurged for a $50 pr of Anodized Alum HD ones and bent one on the very next/first battery and had to go back to stock links.

It is in need of new rear axle output drive cups and pillow ball seals, and probably some diff tuning, so it has been parked on the shelf.

It seems like the max5 doesn't offer poop for features though. Sensorless, very few tuning features either. Everyone seems to recommend them though.

The price also reflects that and it is a bulletproof ESC. I've just ended up putting one in the XRT I bought after starting this thread

It's because hobbywing is seen as the more durable option. Lots of posts and videos of xlx2's going up in smoke and or flames. :cry:

It seems like the max5 doesn't offer poop for features though. Sensorless, very few tuning features either. Everyone seems to recommend them
I view a lot of stuff this way.

Crude, I know. There’s also lots of “yes, but…” answers for this, but it’s commonly true.

The more features you get, the more features can break/mess up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back