Senton Help to decide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dziugas1998

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Outcast 6s
Hello everyone.

I had Slash 4x4 VXL 3s Platinum for a long time, but I decided to sell it and try Arrma production (By reading AMAZING reviews). I have several models in my mind and I cannot decide which one should I buy:

SENTON BXL 3S
GRANITE BXL 3S
KRATON 4S

The RC will be used only for hard bashing, really hard. Most of the time I run my RC on the sand, sandstone, where is a lot of jumps (Some of them are so f*king high). The main question is which one of these trucks are the most durable? I stick to the SENTON BXL 3S, because the body covers all 4 wheels which really helps in bad landing situation.

THE SPEED IS NOT A GOAL FOR ME! I care only about the durability and parts availability! Thanks in advance!!!

Buy a 6s!

The 6s is much more expensive (Especially here in Europe). The second, thing I like light cars (Senton 3S is really light comparing with 6S Senton). Lightweight I guess really helps for high jumps and especially for a softer landing, chances to break something are much lower.

+ run 6s is more expensive (for batteries and broken parts)

The 6S line is much harder to break. The 3S line is all plastic. Chassis, shocks, drivetrain are all plastic.

That said, if you really want one of those three, I would only say no to the Kraton as parts are still hard to find. The Senton isn’t my cup of tea, so I bought the Granite. I just prefer the monster truck look over a short course truck, but that’s a preference thing. The Senton has a longer wheelbase and smaller tires. The Granite is a short wheelbase and big tires. I would also encourage you to consider the Big Rock Crew Cab. It’s a long wheelbase version of the Granite.

The 6s is much more expensive (Especially here in Europe). The second, thing I like light cars (Senton 3S is really light comparing with 6S Senton). Lightweight I guess really helps for high jumps and especially for a softer landing, chances to break something are much lower.

The lightness thing made sense to me too and that was partially the reason I went Kraton 4s instead of 6s. Initially I had a lot of trouble out of it which you can read about in my threads. I may have the bugs worked out though and for the last few weeks it’s been reliable and fun. There is speculation that some of the plastics used in the suspension arms are inconsistent and lead to easy breaks for some, while others are having good luck. Budget for a better radio, whichever model you go with. Save up a little longer and go with the 6s if you want durability don’t forget upgrades for it too though.

The 3s senton has a tendency to kick rocks into the chassis and bind up the steering servo. Not the end of the world, but annoying at best. The Granite is better, but still suffers here and there from the same issue. I have no knowledge of the Kraton, but it seems they have a problem with broken a arms, which would be an issue if you are gonna jump it hard. I would vote for the Granite of the 3. I do have one, and love it... so I might be a little swayed by that...

Well! Senton 3S and Granite 3S are really fun
drive everywhere. They are resistant and do not break often.

The Kraton 4S is really fun to drive.
But I do not like axles and shocks that regularly lose oil. My first try I broke 3 pieces rolling normally.

Now, I do not want to buy 4S anymore.
3S trucks are OK and 6S trucks are perfect.
Yvan

The Last call for me is about Senton 3S and Big Rock BLS. Any reccomendations?

The only reason I would stay away from the 4S line at the moment is part support. Yes 6S is more expensive but tough and better part support than 4S. I hear about part support for Arrma, in general, being a bit hit and miss in Europe so the 4S line would even be tougher.

While plastic, the 3S line is still very tough and I am yet to break mine despite trying pretty hard:

I hear you, if that's the case, then get the Senton. Go with what you like and not with what someone recommends for you.

I have one more question!

If I will buy a SENTON BXL 3S and I will put Big Rock BLX tires on it, will it be as the same height from the ground to the chassis as in Big Rock BLX?

The only reason I would stay away from the 4S line at the moment is part support. Yes 6S is more expensive but tough and better part support than 4S. I hear about part support for Arrma, in general, being a bit hit and miss in Europe so the 4S line would even be tougher.

While plastic, the 3S line is still very tough and I am yet to break mine despite trying pretty hard:

You are right, my friend.
I like your TYPHON 3SSS :love:(y):love:

I love this Kraton 4S, but I'm tired of fixing the axles and arms. :cool:
I have to have several spare parts for the K4S.

As you see, I change the shocks but I have to wait... for the new pieces of Arrma.

No problem with my 6S & 3S trucks (y):love:(y)
Yvan.

Attachments

• DSC03443.JPG
    DSC03443.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC03444.JPG
    DSC03444.JPG
    223.3 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC03446.JPG
    DSC03446.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC03447.JPG
    DSC03447.JPG
    250.4 KB · Views: 29

If I will buy a SENTON BXL 3S and I will put Big Rock BLX tires on it, will it be as the same height from the ground to the chassis as in Big Rock BLX?

Yup.

I have heard others say the granite tires perform a bit better than the big rock tires. Here is my 3s (now 4s) Senton with granite tires. Had to trim the body, but it still works.

Yes you can trim the body and fit them in there, but you will need to buy the smaller pinion with bigger tires, or deal with overheating in warm weather.

You will be better off with Granite tires as the BRCC tires don't perform as good.

If you want to send it no matter which model you get I would suggest replacing the shocks, most guys go with Typhon 6s shocks. You could try the eBay shocks but they tend to be a little hit or miss as far as QC goes, some people they work great, others have had issues with them.

If you want to send it no matter which model you get I would suggest replacing the shocks, most guys go with Typhon 6s shocks. You could try the eBay shocks but they tend to be a little hit or miss as far as QC goes, some people they work great, others have had issues with them.

Typhon 6s shocks do fit the senton 3s without modifications?

Also what do you think about Typhon 3S guys?
Just pick the one you like.. like earlyer said. Kraton 4s is hard to get parts. 6s Is above your budget. Then just pick a 3s in the style you like. I got the senton, not cus its better then like an granite, but cuz i like the looks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back