Hey yall just getting opinions on cyanoacrylate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the clear cyanoacrylate glue is the same, basically the price and applicator tips are the most important differences.

The Bob Smith glue linked above is also cyanoacrylate, but has rubber material mixed in that helps strengthen the bond with tire material and gives it a black color.

I use a almost identical product. Black rubbery CA glue on my tires & used on chassis parts too. It says on bottle I have stays flexible & I had great results w tires & parts too
I should probably mention that my usage will be on precluded tires that have started breaking beads

Preglued
I had same issue too w some duratrax that also had beadlocks & they still blew! I glued them up w the black ca & solved
That bob smith glue @Dan B. showed is great stuff! I found a big bottle cauz I had other projects & needed a bunch. It's a year old & still good
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2332867673...q7FPNHENTvG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=SMS

I find proper preparation more important than which glue I use. I also speculate that alot of rtr glue jobs fail due to improper cleaning before gluing. I find pure acetone to be the best cleaner. It's pretty volatile, some plastics or plated wheels don't tolerate it. So might strip the plating (chrome) off some wheels. My Arrma and TRX wheels haven't had any problems with acetone baths though.
I like the thinnest glue I can use without making a mess. Seems to get into all the recessed areas better. I've actually been using Dollar General glue lately, 4 tubes for a buck!! In the dollar deals isle. Works great for me.

I use a almost identical product. Black rubbery CA glue on my tires & used on chassis parts too. It says on bottle I have stays flexible & I had great results w tires & parts too

I had same issue too w some duratrax that also had beadlocks & they still blew! I glued them up w the black ca & solved
That bob smith glue @Dan B. showed is great stuff! I found a big bottle cauz I had other projects & needed a bunch. It's a year old & still good
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2332867673...q7FPNHENTvG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=SMS
Hey Jimmy your arm looks a little girly. What if we sprinkle some sawdust on it before the pic? That’ll really help drive glue sales.

1702312584713.png

Nice thanks for the link alot cheaper to buy more and being good a year
1000003709.jpg
I got some of this will this do the job of acetone
Acetone works great for prep. Rubbing alcohol also works, but get the 99% version, it works better than the more common 70% version.

View attachment 336542

Attachments

• 1000003709.jpg
    1000003709.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I use gorilla clear glue Xtra gloss 😁👍 works great.no issues.but Im also just a speed runner so don't know if the same glue would work for you bashers..

Tough to beat this one. Plus it’s black, so doesn’t give you shiny smears on your tires. Many believe this to be the best tire glue available.
https://www.amazon.com/Bob-Smith-Industries-BSI-118-IC-2000/dp/B0188IHONQ/ref=sr_1_3_pp?crid=1E96QC5IGLOJK&keywords=bob+smith+ca+glue&qid=1702307596&sprefix=Bob+smith,aps,120&sr=8-3

He is absolutely correct in this statement. On another post he said something about BSI. So naturally I picked some up. Well, I glued my solid rubber tires onto the wheels. I wanted to try some drift time w/my Infraction. LOL Needless to say, that I ripped the crap out of the tires, and they held w/o any issues. This stuff from BSI works very well. Wheels and tires used were from Vipaz.

Nice thanks for the link alot cheaper to buy more and being good a year
View attachment 336544I got some of this will this do the job of acetone
As long as it doesn't leave any residue behind, should work. I've used rubbing alcohol as well with success, I just find acetone to be a stronger cleaner. I don't clean my rigs like I should either, so when I need to glue, everything is usually pretty filthy.
Edit, come to think of it, whatever rubbing alcohol I've used in the past was almost certainly the 70% variety, so the 99% would've shirley worked better😉👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back