Senton Hi guys what's your opinions on the Dx3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris1982uk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Granite
I'm looking to upgrade my Sentons radio gear the from the SLT3 to the DX3, has anybody else done this & if so do you think it's a worth while upgrade, many thanks 🙂
Screenshot_20220118-095206_Chrome.jpg

Depends on why you're wanting to change? The transmitter itself is no better or worse...it's a sideways move. If you're wanting to add the Bluetooth module and take advantage of telemetry (which you can only do as long as you're always using Spektrum smart electronics), then it works pretty well as a low-cost option for gathering telemetry data, though it's far from the "best" option, especially since it limits you to the Spektrum brand (again...only in terms of telemetry).

Depends on why you're wanting to change? The transmitter itself is no better or worse...it's a sideways move. If you're wanting to add the Bluetooth module and take advantage of telemetry (which you can only do as long as you're always using Spektrum smart electronics), then it works pretty well as a low-cost option for gathering telemetry data, though it's far from the "best" option, especially since it limits you to the Spektrum brand (again...only in terms of telemetry).
Am I rite in thinking it has the feature that helps keep it in a straight line? Also I noticed throttle trim, I'd like to be able to turn it rite down so my little boy can play with it

They both support throttle limit. It's on the front switch on the left side of the SLT3. The DX3 does support AVC, but...well, AVC I guess is just a user preference thing. If you read around, most people seem to agree that it's more of a hinderance than anything...it just causes a lot of speed wobble, and a lot of people either dial it way back or turn it off all together. Spending the time to learn how to properly control the vehicle is best IMO.

They both support throttle limit. It's on the front switch on the left side of the SLT3. The DX3 does support AVC, but...well, AVC I guess is just a user preference thing. If you read around, most people seem to agree that it's more of a hinderance than anything...it just causes a lot of speed wobble, and a lot of people either dial it way back or turn it off all together. Spending the time to learn how to properly control the vehicle is best IMO.
Thanks for the info mate, tbh the AVC was the only feature I kind of wanted but if it doesn't work very well I may as well stick with what I've got.👍

Thanks for the info mate, tbh the AVC was the only feature I kind of wanted but if it doesn't work very well I may as well stick with what I've got.👍
No problem! Wait for a few other people to chime in, do some Youtubing and see what others say and you'll be able to see it in action. I feel it's a mostly useless feature, but like I said, it's really just user preference.

Hi, I've got the dx2e with avc on my losi db pro, I run the car with approx 10-15% avc at the very most, a lot of times it's dialled completely off. The car handles worse with it on as I'm trying to correct and also the avc is trying to correct when it gets squirrely can makeit worse!
Being honest I wouldn't miss it if I never had it and not worth upgrading what you've already got.. hope this helps

In case you didn't know, AVC is a function of the receiver and not the transmitter (although the transmitter has to support it) so in addition to getting the DX3 you would need an AVC capable receiver like the SR6100AT.

If you're looking to upgrade, go with at least a DX5C which has multi-model memory but also a display so you can set your endpoints and sub-trims precisely.

Thanks guys , I'm going to stay with the SLT3 , The gains don't sound worth while to me

Hey, I just picked up the DX3 with an SR6200a reciever, firma 100a esc , new servo and the bluetooth module. I can let you know how it goes.

I have a Losi Baja Rey that came with the DX3 and AVC. I also have the Bluetooth module. The AVC went wonky one day - the vehicle started turning oddly by itself and wouldn’t go straight. I had it disable AVC entirely to get the vehicle to act normally and run straight. The Bluetooth module in conjunction with the app on my iPhone works great for some of the settings, as does the optional phone holder that attaches to the transmitter. If you have a SLT3 and want to stick with Spektrum radios I think it would be wise to pick up a DX3 (if using for one vehicle) or even a DX5 (if using multiple vehicles). I had a SLT 3, and the DX3 was a nice upgrade.
Am I rite in thinking it has the feature that helps keep it in a straight line? Also I noticed throttle trim, I'd like to be able to turn it rite down so my little boy can play with it
Throttle trim normally centers the trigger. What you need is the throttle switch that cuts the throttle down to 75% and 50%. The DX3 has that.

Last edited:
I also have the DX3 with the smart link and 6xxxa series AVC receiver. I have the AVC off but the telemetry features are pretty nice if you're into that sort if thing. The SLT3 is a good transmitter but is limited in range. Haven't tested the range limits out in either of my rigs with the DX3 transmitter yet, if its improved that may make it worthwhile.
To be honest, there are other tx/rx combos that are nicer and a bit less expensive than the Spektrum ones.
I just happened to want the Spektrum stuff for a rig I just finished building yesterday. I set it up tested it out about two weeks ago and it worked well in close range on another rig 1st.

Lots of great feedback here cheers guys👍 wow the DX5 is super expensive🤑

I have Dumbo transmitter/receivers on two cars and dx3s on the other two. Kinda like the dumbos better. They are pretty cheap also, around $40. Check them out. There are many other options as well though.

While I have the DX3 in my Baja Rey, I have the Radiolink RC6GS radio system in my two Arrma vehicles plus a Redcat Wendigo. The Range on the RC6GS is about three times the range of most other radios, so it's great for high-speed RC vehicles. The RC6GS only costs around $80 with a receiver that has a built-in gyro; additional receivers are less than $20; it is highly programmable; and it works for up to ten vehicles. It is worth every penny. If you want to upgrade your SLT3 the RC6GS is a much better option than a DX3.

I upgraded to the rugged.. idk I've never had any problems with my avc.. guess I just got it dialed in pretty good but I re-read the manual a lot to learn whats what and how to set it up proper.. I have a brand new dx3 that came with my felony I've never used, maybe I'll sell it but thought I should keep it with the rig.. i think I set steering gains and throttle gains to 50% with 100% priority!! Handling is killer

I just went to the Futaba 4pm with all my rigs, so far I really dig it. If you want though I have a DX3 and DX3c I just pulled from other rigs and plan on selling, just PM me if interested.

If you want AVC (or ANY gyro, incorporated in receiver or otherwise) to work properly then ditch your stock Spektrum servo (or whatever stock, plastic geared, analog OEM servo that came with your RTR) and get one that doesn't make the gyro go all wonky. Preferably a DiGiTal Servo and one with proper speed, centering ability, angle and baud rate like an AGFrc or Futaba. Your gyro will stop fishtailing and your AVC might actually impress instead of stress!
NO Gyro works "well" with a cheap analog servo. Some Gyros will state in their specs that they automatically adjust to conform to wether you have a digital or analog servo and others will state in the directions how to switch the gyro to conform between the two and still others ONLY work with digital servos... but none of them work well with analog servos.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back