Granite Hobbywing 1060 WP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prisma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
I've been looking for a replacement ESC for my V3 Granite and I've found this Hobbywing system with almost twice the current of the mega ESC.
My questions are:
1. How do you think the power will compare to the stock electronics?
2. Will the stock motor cut it or should I get something different?
3. Is there something else I should keep in mind when upgrading?

Thanks for any advice, I'm really new to the hobby, so learning a few more things would be awesome

Looks like the specs say the mega is a 35A esc, so you won't see much difference probably running it, but it won't run as warm since the 1060 is a 60A esc. Might perform a bit better and would let you run a hotter/larger motor if you wanted.

I just replaced mine with the HW 1060 ESC due to the original one overheating and not working anymore. as for your questions, from my personal experience;

1. How do you think the power will compare to the stock electronics? - Power was the same the only difference was the LVC kicks in a little earlier at 3.6V but it only limits to 50% power. I never ran it any more after it hit that point.
2. Will the stock motor cut it or should I get something different? I had maybe a dozen runs on the original ESC with the 2S lipo before the Arrma ESC stopped working and replaced with the HW 1060. and then maybe another dozen before the motor started smoking and completely shorted out. Wont spin at all hooked directly to any battery. So i would run the stock motor until it dies but plan on replacing or upgrading pretty soon depending on how much you run and what your doing.
3. Is there something else I should keep in mind when upgrading? This will depend on if you replace your motor with a brushless. If so, i would go for the more durable drive train parts (slipper clutch, Diffs, Diff input gears) from the 3S BLX version. If you stay with Brushed than nothing else is needed.

I can say that between me and my 4 year old, my granite mega gets abused in all types of ways and have not broken anything besides the ESC and Motor.

Back