Granite Hobbywing ESC Mounting Plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey All,

Hope everyone is having a safe and happy weekend.
Question:
I run the MAX10SCT ESC/motor combo on my Granite. I don't bash that hard (no BMX or skate parks, mostly just a homemade ramp) But I've already broken two of mounting plates.They seem brittle and under engineered. Anyone know of a way to strengthen this piece, or who can suggest an upgrade/better solution?

Thanks in advance!

Hey All,

Hope everyone is having a safe and happy weekend.
Question:
I run the MAX10SCT ESC/motor combo on my Granite. I don't bash that hard (no BMX or skate parks, mostly just a homemade ramp) But I've already broken two of mounting plates.They seem brittle and under engineered. Anyone know of a way to strengthen this piece, or who can suggest an upgrade/better solution?

Thanks in advance!
Do you have a 3D printer?

I do not. Is there an easy way to capture the dimensions for a 3d printer? I did order a drive shaft cover from a 3d printing service and it's been great.

In the meantime I used shoe goo to attach the ESC to the receiver case cover. Not ideal but it looks strong and will have some flex.

Did you use the mounting plate AND the supplied double-sided tape? I sanded down the bosses on the receiver cover and attached the Max10 SCT straight to it. Seems super solid.

Yes. The part where the screw goes through kept breaking for me. Maybe just some bad luck on my part.

We busted ours right away. I tried using double sided on top of the reciever box also but now it is on the chassis with 3M dual lock and I have a piece of 16 gauge tie wire over top down to those screw holes and screws with washers securing the tie wire. I have stripped the screw holes in the chassis now and use M4 screws.

Totally solid. I have to remove it to get my motor module out so the velcro tape is key. I can pick up the whole chassis by the ESC.
20210606_161228.jpg

20210606_161228.jpg

I've snapped the mounting holes on 3 BLX100's. I tried double sided tape but it didn't hold up to jumps. I recently used Shoe Goo and just came back from a bash with some very bad crashes. The shoe goo is holding up so far.

I have never had this tape fail on me. Plus it leaves zero residue when forced apart. Highly recommended.

My only prep is a quick isopropyl wipe on both ESC and mounting surface.

Feel free to hit me up if you need that mounting plate 3D printed.

I have never had this tape fail on me. Plus it leaves zero residue when forced apart. Highly recommended.

My only prep is a quick isopropyl wipe on both ESC and mounting surface.

Feel free to hit me up if you need that mounting plate 3D printed.
I'd definitely be interested in a mounting plate. How much would it be ? Im not sure about material but I know 3d printers aren't cheap

Back