Typhon Hot racing steering knuckles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, i have two typhon 6s. one i used for ripping across grass only at high-ish speeds, and another i use for jumping only, which machine would you install these on or would you not install them at all, i don't have any issue with stock at the moment, which would benefit more installing these?? thanks

It’s not uncommon to break the stock knuckles when the trucks take a hit. Keep them and eventually replace them on the truck that breaks them first. Pretty sure it’s going to be your jumper.

good idea, ain't broke don't fix it, had these since i started the hobby 3 months ago and wonder why i even got them, then i start thinking, will it make my speed runner across grass more precise? will it translate into breaking more parts on the jumper? do these even do anything except add a little weight and unwanted rigidity? overthinking something i am not inside of haha

To get the most benefit out of those, wait til your Grass Ripper bust theirs then replace with hot racing.
You'll notice a lot better steering response.

Hello, i have two typhon 6s. one i used for ripping across grass only at high-ish speeds, and another i use for jumping only, which machine would you install these on or would you not install them at all, i don't have any issue with stock at the moment, which would benefit more installing these?? thanks
The plastic Pivot ball hubs may split with severe impacts. (PB's popping out on occassion) So many go to the alloys. Just Expensive for what you get in return, IMHO. But this breakage is what you want IMHO. A part that is flexible in this area, protecting other related parts. I stay with plastic stockers. Very Inexpensive parts. And is lighter than alloy variants. In all 8 of my 6s rigs.
For your 2 purposes I don't see a need for them. Except maybe the bling factor. I am sure many who do use them will swear by them? It's your wallet.
For serious dedicated High speed On road runners many use them. There will probably be an advantage, using alloy hubs both front and rear. I don't run alloy hubs, with my Lim or Infr. Never found the plastic stockers to be any issue at all. If you do , it is probably driver error breaking them ( splitting at the PB sockets more frequently. The alloys also wear out. ( fronts) More so in dirty bashing terrain. A costly replacement.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back