Kraton how do i get the top plate off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobalt172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I seem to be stuck here. I'm trying to install aluminum diff housings and I can't get the front of the car to come apart.

The screw that is circled just spins in place as well as the one below in the chassis. How do I get the front of the car apart?

20200919_150032.jpg

20200919_151316.jpg

I had a issue with it too. lock tight the bottom. then unscrew the top half be careful. its lock tight in. so don't strip your screw. i stripped mine and it sucked getting out.

if you loosen the top the bottom loosens too.
If you put a hex on both sides at the same time, one will come all the way out. The other will stay in place. Then you can hold the steering post with some channel locks and take the other screw out. Don’t use red TL when putting it back together, or at least just do one side. Use blue on the other.

If you put a hex on both sides at the same time, one will come all the way out. The other will stay in place. Then you can hold the steering post with some channel locks and take the other screw out. Don’t use red TL when putting it back together, or at least just do one side. Use blue on the other.

yes that would work, if the top ones were loose, but they aren't. you can't lock onto anything with the channel lock when the top one is tight. you need to lock tight the bottom and hope it holds while you loose the top off.

yes that would work, if the top ones were loose, but they aren't. you can't lock onto anything with the channel lock when the top one is tight. you need to lock tight the bottom and hope it holds while you loose the top off.
If the bottom comes off, pull the whole steering rack out with the front diff. Then hold the steering post and remove the top screw. I’ve done this quite a few times. It works.

I seem to be stuck here. I'm trying to install aluminum diff housings and I can't get the front of the car to come apart.

The screw that is circled just spins in place as well as the one below in the chassis. How do I get the front of the car apart?

View attachment 100676

View attachment 100677
There's a lot of TL on there from the factory. I had the same problem on my Outcast 6s. Like @jondilly1974 said, use a hex on the top an another on the bottom and it'll come loose!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back