Kraton How do you guys feel about the kraton 6s ? I'm thinking of buying one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually am also looking at them.and honestly also look at the notorious.ik that the notorious is more of a stunt truck because it's swb.but if I get one I can pretty much make a kraton from it.i read some threads here that most have used the kraton chassis exb or mc2 and also I would need to get a rear longer drive shaft and I think maybe a body mounts.but from what I read they made a easy swap over .I might do that .I have a freind that's willing to sell me his almost new v5 6s notorious .he wants 300 for it .I'm assuming that's a good price for a 6s .
The stallion they seem to be running high now used.maybey because they are discontinued.i can't even find a new one anywhere.used one's are running anywhere from 500 to 600 .that's rediculous.i haven't made my mind up .right now the notorious is looking good due to it being practically new and only for 300..sounds like a deal to me No?🤷
Yes good price. But the chassis for the Notorious/Outcast and Typhon have the same chassis. It is definitely shorter than the Kraton and Talion chassis. You can swap the Notorious body with the Outcast body. Same truck, different body.

It's a red and black body cover and he said it's a rare cover.the cover I see the most on the v5 is the red and black one with the black solid strip going down the middle.the one he has is totally different and I can't seem to find it on the net..it has a blx black motor and the ESC is a 185 .I'll try to post a pic.i have no clue what kind it is .I asked the seller he thinks it's a v3 or v4? But he isn't sure.

I hope this doesn't happen to me .the pics I saw showed that this is pretty much like new .it was still in the original box with manual and some tools.looked like a wheel chuck.box looked bran new .no rips no scratches or dents.🤷I'll find out soon.he said he would meet up this Friday.
Can someone tell me what v this kraton is plz🤷 thank u

That looks like it's a V3.

My friend is coming over tonight and bringing his notorious over so I can see it .like I mentioned it's practically bran new in the original box and he only want $300..that gives me room to get a mc2 kraton chassis plus a few other things to convert it over .and basically have a kraton for the bubble.bran new v5 6s kraton sells for 550 in eBay so I'd still have a little left for some upgrades.i really don't even need a mc2 chassis since I'm not bashing with it.a exb would be fine .I might just do that. I would need to get a kraton cover and I'd have a nice truck to blast across the grass feilds
Buy a clear shell to paint and make your own and when done painting, back with flex seal. Makes the body more flexible and not crack. Just DO NOT USE INSIDE. And let sit out overnight somewhere out of the elements to completely dry. You don't want those powerful fumes in your house. And wear a mask so you don't get headache or nauseated, even outside. 🤙

Well, that's alot of upgrades for the money then. You're making me want an ET48 2.0 now!!🤔😉😁

Patience my friend. It pays off.. I'm right there with ya, trust me😬
If you can grab a brand new one from @joostin420 or a sale elsewhere, you'll be much better off I think. These things take alot of abuse and starting fresh can make vs break (used) the experience IMO. Your call of course. Good luck!👍
Thank you
pulled from arrma forum "The revisions of the V4 from the V3 are the body, tyres, radio, IC5 connectors, fixed servo saver, sliding motor mount, never-pop ball ends and o-ring hub nuts
I would hang onto that body since its so nice and get an extra to bash with.

Thank you
pulled from arrma forum "The revisions of the V4 from the V3 are the body, tyres, radio, IC5 connectors, fixed servo saver, sliding motor mount, never-pop ball ends and o-ring hub nuts
They also have added more shims to the diffs, on my Fireteam it even came with a shim under the output pinion.

The shims in red are on all of the current rtr models as far as I know. That was an update they did on the V4 models.

346tered.jpg

Thank you
If you get a clear body it will not fit with the current body mounts, they are in different locations I would suggest just picking up the body mount kit and convert it over to the different body mounts.

1687297946601.png

From my own personal experience, if you change to v5 shock towers or the v5 a arms in the rear you need both the rear shock tower and the rear a arms at the same time, the suspension geometry is completely different. I tried just the shock tower on my Outcast and the shocks bottomed out with the a arms level to the chassis, there was literally zero down travel to the suspension, if anything there was negative down travel. I never tried the V5 a arms with the V4 and older shock towers but I am willing to guess the results would have been the same.

Last edited:
They also have added more shims to the diffs, on my Fireteam it even came with a shim under the output pinion.

The shims in red are on all of the current rtr models as far as I know. That was an update they did on the V4 models.

View attachment 306954

If you get a clear body it will not fit with the current body mounts, they are in different locations I would suggest just picking up the body mount kit and convert it over to the different body mounts.

View attachment 306956

From my own personal experience, if you change to v5 shock towers or the v5 a arms in the rear you need both the rear shock tower and the rear a arms at the same time, the suspension geometry is completely different. I tried just the shock tower on my Outcast and the shocks bottomed out with the a arms level to the chassis, there was literally zero down travel to the suspension, if anything there was negative down travel. I never tried the V5 a arms with the V4 and older shock towers but I am willing to guess the results would have been the same.
Thank you @slick2500
Can't wait to rip this through the grass fields 😁 it's going to be a blast.

Thank you @slick2500
Can't wait to rip this through the grass fields 😁 it's going to be a blast.

Be prepared to be disappointed in the stock tires. I do not have a set of Minnekawas but I always hear bad things about them. In grass they are like racing slicks from my understanding.

I didn't even know it was a truggy.so how is it? Does it have any issues that I should be aware of? Are parts easy available? Is it discontinued? Because I went on the arrma site and it was not available for sale.at least not the red cover one
Its right there in front of you. The 6s Kraton V5 RTR right????? What you want?
And Yes you will not be disappointed. 6s line is tops IMHO. There I said for the millionth time.:giggle:
I wouldn't be running any GRPs on it however.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product...-truck-with-spektrum-firma-rtr/ARA8608V5.html

I was also looking at the Talion but problem is trying to find one that's not over crazy priced .I saw some on eBay but they want like over 700 and used .also I heard that the talion is discontinued? You mentioned to upgrade the body of the kraton 6s .? Are they cheaply made is that why you recommend upgrading it?
The Kraton body is extremely way too thin. a few rollover and it gets all cracked up. I run a PL BAsh Armor body on my K6 now. I have the OE body for the shelf. I must have bought stocker bodies for it in 2 years.
Using Drywall tape and Shoogoo to reinforce the body is just a waste of time and money. It wil still crack apart. By contrast the The Notorious body is twice as thick. And still running the original one. Beat up for sure. But it satys on. I just use gorilla tape to patch it as needed. The best way IMHO.
Noto comes in black or blue. Still available. Just 2 inches shorter than a 6s Kraton. Most all the parts are identical otherwise. Notorious comes with the better Back Flip tires also. Stock 6s Kraton tires (Copperhead 2's) always sucked IMHO. But tires are tires. You can always change them out.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product...-truck-with-spektrum-firma-rtr/ARA8611V5.html

Been busy but I did want post real quick that I did get the kraton v3 and it's literally bran new .I took it out Saturday and Sunday and only dropped in 4s and holy crap this thing is quick and Handel's awesome.and ik some people said stock wheels don't Handel well on grass and I must say I had no issues.😃👍 I love it and can't wait to drop in 6s and see what it's got .I did upgrade the servo .I put in a savok .turns so smooth.

IMG_20230623_235401253.jpg

IMG_20230625_192735920.jpg

IMG_20230625_192754519.jpg

IMG_20230625_192812684.jpg

IMG_20230623_231434032.jpg

IMG_20230623_231817478.jpg

Be prepared to be disappointed in the stock tires. I do not have a set of Minnekawas but I always hear bad things about them. In grass they are like racing slicks from my understanding.
I actually am having great luck with the stock tires on grass.im really enjoying it 😀

its when you put 6s in you will notice the tyres they balloon a lot from what I remember
Well good thing I don't have a heavy throttle finger 🤣.and good thing now days we have throttle control , not like back in the day having a Tyco with just one speed.it was either full throttle or none
I'm going to try to not respond back anymore to this thread since I already bought my first kraton and there is no need to have this thread open any more.so thank you to everyone I appreciate it ..👍 you all Rock

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back