Kraton How do you guys feel about the kraton 6s ? I'm thinking of buying one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King blitz

Don't just modify . customize .
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Vendetta
  5. Infraction 4x4
Lately I've been really looking at the kraton 6s .I at the moment have no 6s in my collection and I want to get into off roading.light bashing nothing crazy.i was looking at the Notorious but that's more of a stunt truck which I'm not into.but the kraton I seem to like it's versatility of being able to do off road and on road.for on road I'm assuming I would just need to throw on some grp wheels which I have plenty of .I'm just looking for feed back and what better place than here to ask.any advice I will appreciate thank you 👍

What's a Kraton?

I Want You Yes GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

Kraton 6s. Yeah, not too many threads in here about that truggy at all. Way too much power for noobs.
I didn't even know it was a truggy.so how is it? Does it have any issues that I should be aware of? Are parts easy available? Is it discontinued? Because I went on the arrma site and it was not available for sale.at least not the red cover one

I've only experienced the 3's rigs, however I've noticed numerous comments on how many like their 4's kraton in which is the perfect combo of speed and power.

I've checked the calendar, and it's not April 1st, I do believe you are asking a serious question but really?

One of the 342 pages with ~ 20+ per page might give you an idea. All questions answered including yours which is being asked about every 5 min when I check. Can't add anything more at this time. Link below prefix 'Kraton'.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/forums/arrma-6s/?prefix_id=67

Awesome truck and way better than any of the 3s or 4s stuff. It's arrmas best seller for a reason! at least I heard that somewhere before :ROFLMAO:

Whelp, that response gave me the answer to your question.

No, don't buy one. Stick to actually getting your "long rock" running first. Then visit you tube and look at racing Truggy's.
You shouldn't make assumptions if you don't have facts to back it up.my Big Papa long Rock is running.im simply asking what people think about the kraton 6s.if you can't give me feed back on it then plz go to another thread and drop your negativity over there.
King blitz, you have over 3000 posts on this site and you’re asking about opinions on the K 6…….?
Yeah I just figured I get some new feed back and I'm to lazy to look lol that's all .being honest
Best rig in the 6s line up.
Put some backflip LPs on it and thicker center diff fluid.

Smiles for days.
Thank you .I appreciate the positive feed back .👍
Awesome truck and way better than any of the 3s or 4s stuff. It's arrmas best seller for a reason! at least I heard that somewhere before :ROFLMAO:
Thank you I appreciate your feed back 👍
Can't go wrong with a kraton.... Mike
Thank you for your feedback.i appreciate it 👍
I have huge grass feilds and I have the space to let it stretch its legs.thats where I plan to use it .if I decide to buy one.i have plenty of 3s lipos and I was wondering if it's ok to use 2 of them instead of using one single 6s pack.i believe I have a series adapter somewhere.

Last edited:
The main weakness is the diffs if a BLX, plus the stock servo is average and doesn't last the longest in my experience, then it just comes down to how hard you send it.

First thing I busted was a chassis, then I started going through shock stand offs, then towers and bulkheads. Now the skatepark is rammed as its summer it's just running gear stuff I go through with any regularity (diffs, diff cups, dog bones etc). Tbh I don't really run my Arrma's as if I go out with a boot of working Arrma's, most of the time they come back broken whereas my Traxxas tend to come back working. Needed a little hiatus from the heavier maintenance them seem to require

I think of the Kraton as possibly the most popular rig in the 6s line. For good reason, it does most everything well. If stock power can hold your interest, it really doesn't need any upgrades other than maybe tires and servo. But yeah, it's been talked to death here, the search is a valuable tool.✌🍻

The main weakness is the diffs if a BLX, plus the stock servo is average and doesn't last the longest in my experience, then it just comes down to how hard you send it.

First thing I busted was a chassis, then I started going through shock stand offs, then towers and bulkheads. Now the skatepark is rammed as its summer it's just running gear stuff I go through with any regularity (diffs, diff cups, dog bones etc). Tbh I don't really run my Arrma's as if I go out with a boot of working Arrma's, most of the time they come back broken whereas my Traxxas tend to come back working. Needed a little hiatus from the heavier maintenance them seem to require
Thank you I appreciate your feed back👍.like I mentioned just want to blast this thing across the grass feilds that's all.don't plan to jump it
I think of the Kraton as possibly the most popular rig in the 6s line. For good reason, it does most everything well. If stock power can hold your interest, it really doesn't need any upgrades other than maybe tires and servo. But yeah, it's been talked to death here, the search is a valuable tool.✌🍻
Thank you for your feed back .I saw some vids on it but I haven't looked at what the other threads on here have to say about it..I think just from what most have said about it so far is all positive and I'm liking it even more now.parts don't seem expensive.

Last edited:
Thank you I appreciate your feed back👍.like I mentioned just want to blast this thing across the grass feilds that's all.don't plan to jump it

Thank you for your feed back .I saw some vids on it but I haven't looked at what the other threads on here have to say about it..I think just from what most have said about it so far is all positive and I'm liking it even more now.parts don't seem expensive.

I am not a basher and the K6s was my first Arrma car.
First time trying I was able to do backflips off small dirt jumps very easily. Its great on grass and big fields.

I'd do only 3 mods to it and keep it mostly stock:
1. Put an unbreakable body on it
2. Decent servo
3. Backflip LP tires

I later put a limitless 34t spool in it and a 37t pinion with GRP tires was able to hit 96.4 mph on stock electronics.

I'd say Talion might be a better fit but the braniacs at the wheel for HH seem to have other ideas..😔
If the grass is taller then the K6s might be better, but the Talion is a great option and favorite of many on the forum.

I am not a basher and the K6s was my first Arrma car.
First time trying I was able to do backflips off small dirt jumps very easily. Its great on grass and big fields.

I'd do only 3 mods to it and keep it mostly stock:
1. Put an unbreakable body on it
2. Decent servo
3. Backflip LP tires

I later put a limitless 34t spool in it and a 37t pinion with GRP tires was able to hit 96.4 mph on stock electronics.
That's what I'm liking.i can use it on open feilds and if I want to I can do some speed runs simply changing over the wheels and like you mentioned the spool.😁👍
If the grass is taller then the K6s might be better, but the Talion is a great option and favorite of many on the forum.
Where I plan to go the grass is allways cut short.no more than a few inches.would I still need to change the stock wheels? Or would I be ok with them? And as for the servo which one do you prefer?

Agreed. The CH tires give the Kraton the increased ground clearance..neither those or the Katars are worth buying once burned off IMO. So I see the ground clearance as a draw.🤷‍♂️ The purchase price of the EXB Talion made the Kraton much more attractive. That's out the window now though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back