Kraton How do you guys feel about the kraton 6s ? I'm thinking of buying one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't confuse a company doing what is best for its shareholders with something that is good for the hobby.

Is it great that you can mix and match between the lineup? Yes. Is it great that Arrma is essentially recycling ancient Team Durrango designs with no innovation/real differences between the lineup? You decide...
🤔🤷
Ok is 400 good price for a used stalion n 6s ?

No packs and the transmitter is a dx2 2 channel 😭
DX2 or DX2.0? The DX2.0 is rather old and uses DSM and DSM2 receivers only but has 10 model memory iirc the DX2 is newer and uses DSMR and DSM2 receivers but only has memory for one model. If you are good at soldering you can turn the DX2.0 into a DX3.0 and have access to the third channel as it has the button.
No doubt. There are plenty of reasons to use a brick vs 2x3s. I still use 2x3s for versatility since I have 3s rigs also. Otherwise I would ditch the second connector for sure. Downside is loosing a cell in a 4 or 6s "brick" pack..renders it useless unless you have the means to replace a cell.
I have several 2 and 3s packs with bad cells I'm thinking of "experimenting" with.. gotta make sure my fire extinguisher is still good first,LOL.

Same reason I don't own an Outcast or Noto 6s.. great rig for stunting, not much else. Same goes for MT410 and Kaiju as well..

Right now you could buy an MT410 kit, plus the parts to convert to ET48 for less than the ET48 kit. Quite a bit less actually. Unless you want to race competitively, you'd never really notice the difference.. 2 in 1 really..😉👌🍻

I forget that you can still get the parts for the Et48.3 and all you really need is the chassis, rear center driveshaft and the rear chassis brace probably only cost about $120-130 for everything.
I have an Outcast, a Talion and a Kraton EXB chassis and driveshaft and I do exactly what you are proposing with the Outcast/Kraton. If I was to do it again I wouldn't bother with the Outcast. It's a bit of a one trick pony. Easily my best car in the skatepark, everywhere else it's a bit meh.
I feel the same way about my Outcast, it's fun for doing backflips and stunts but that's about it, I enjoy driving the Kratons more.

Last edited:
No packs and the transmitter is a dx2 2 channel 😭
$400 if it's really clean I'd say. Don't fret too much over the radio. You can scoop some pretty decent radios for well under $100.
Throw out a low ball number.. can't hurt. You can always go up but not down in price as a buyer.🤷‍♂️
I forget that you can still get the parts for the Et48.3 and all you really need is the chassis, rear center driveshaft and the rear chassis brace probably only cost about $120-130 for everything.
Plus wing/mount if desired, $25ish..we just went over this a few weeks ago @Hector_Fisher was looking I think? I think there may be some differences between the ET48.3 and MT410 in front geometry, not sure but for the money a converted MT410 is a great buy. Plus you could actually go back and fourth between the 2 fairly quickly. I think Tower still has the coupon codes that can be used on Tekno products. Amain runs codes pretty regularly too..
Found the thread..post#11.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-are-the-best-alternatives.62447/#post-936911
So with a wing and mount, right around $500. What was a ET48.3? Think was $650?

Last edited:
So I took a closer look the talion comes with a DX 2 E .the seller said he acquired it in a state auction and it didn't have a radio or receiver so he dug that one out .I sent him a offer for 390 and he declined so I sent him a second offer for 395 and declined..I sent him a message saying what's the deal ? Your taking offers and you keep declining but yet your not counter offering which normally that's what a seller would do .I said is it the 400 you want ? If so why even ask for a best offer lol.i swear some people make no sense .I say fk him I'll move on .I'm not in rush .I can allways get my friends notorious which he said only ran a few times and convert it to the kraton.sounds like a fun project anyways..🤷 or I can just keep looking.

Used but no electronics? The radio is garbage, i.e. worth $20.
Check yourself on JennyRc on radio pricing.
I wouldn't buy it above $350, no idea on bearings, diffs etc. If those are all good it's $400 on a very good day.
Too much risk.

Ok. Not real good at math but probably better than the seller. He's asking $400.00. You offered $390.00 then $395.00 and he declined both!!! All signs say he is a absolute moron....do not engage in a business transaction with him..He's not right..run!!

Used but no electronics? The radio is garbage, i.e. worth $20.
Check yourself on JennyRc on radio pricing.
I wouldn't buy it above $350, no idea on bearings, diffs etc. If those are all good it's $400 on a very good day.
Too much risk.
Yeah he said he tryed it and he said " oh boy she is fast" idk this is why buying used is always a hit or miss.unless you know the person.and right now I have a chance to get my friends notorious which is basically new for 350. Then just convert it over to a kraton and have a nice rig cheap.im not going to buy a new kraton because they way to much for right now . cheapest I've seen is 550 plus like 80 to ship it.i had a sweet chance to get a v5 kraton really nice for 400 with some exb parts and I was winning the bid untill the last hour I fell asleep and someone beat me by a fkin dollar ...8 days of waiting and my bid was the highest then I lost .I'm usually the king of bidding .I'm a last minute sniper and I got beat at my own game .figure that lol.all because it was like 3 in the morning and I had to get some sleep in before I had to get up at 4:30 to go to work .I'm still pissed over that.thats why I started this thread because I thought I had that kraton for sure.now I'm looking again lol.what ever no big deal .my journey isn't over.probably get to impatient and get my friends notorious.oh by the way I think the notorious body cover is butt ugly 😂.outcast is much better .

$400 if it's really clean I'd say. Don't fret too much over the radio. You can scoop some pretty decent radios for well under $100.
Throw out a low ball number.. can't hurt. You can always go up but not down in price as a buyer.🤷‍♂️

Plus wing/mount if desired, $25ish..we just went over this a few weeks ago @Hector_Fisher was looking I think? I think there may be some differences between the ET48.3 and MT410 in front geometry, not sure but for the money a converted MT410 is a great buy. Plus you could actually go back and fourth between the 2 fairly quickly. I think Tower still has the coupon codes that can be used on Tekno products. Amain runs codes pretty regularly too..
Found the thread..post#11.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-are-the-best-alternatives.62447/#post-936911
So with a wing and mount, right around $500. What was a ET48.3? Think was $650?

Shock towers are different but I do not know if the mounting positions are different or not and the MT410 comes with plastic shock caps, plastic shock pistons, plastic shock spacers, plastic spring preload adjusters and plastic lower shock retainers whereas the ET48.3 comes with aluminum shock caps, Delrin shock pistons, Delrin shock spacers, aluminum spring preload adjusters and aluminum lower shock retainers. Those are the only other differences that I can think of off the top of my head. Tower and Amain both have coupon codes that work on Tekno products.

I think it was $599.99 but I cannot remember.

Ok. Not real good at math but probably better than the seller. He's asking $400.00. You offered $390.00 then $395.00 and he declined both!!! All signs say he is a absolute moron....do not engage in a business transaction with him..He's not right..run!!
Yeah I'm done with that dude.

Having more than 1 car that shares parts is not an Arrma exclusive thing. RC companies have been making part bin cars since the inception of this hobby and people have been mixing and matching parts from cars of the same brand for longer than Arrma has even been around.

Traxxas, the entire 2wd lineup, the entire 1/10 4x4 lineup.
HPI, the 2wd Jumpshot platform, the Vorza platform, the Savage platform.
Tamiya way too many to list but Tamiya has 100s of cars and maybe only a handful of platforms.
Losi the 8ight platform, the Mini 8ight platform, the 22 platform, the 5ive platform, TEN platform.
Team Associated the RC10 platform.
LC Racing the EMB series.
Hobao the Hyper platform.
HSP Racing the 90,000 series platform.
Redcat the Volcano, Tornado and Lightning.
The Himoto E10 platform.
The list goes on and on.
Damn slick .that's some good knowledge bud👍 your like a RC platform dictionary 🤣

My friend is coming over tonight and bringing his notorious over so I can see it .like I mentioned it's practically bran new in the original box and he only want $300..that gives me room to get a mc2 kraton chassis plus a few other things to convert it over .and basically have a kraton for the bubble.bran new v5 6s kraton sells for 550 in eBay so I'd still have a little left for some upgrades.i really don't even need a mc2 chassis since I'm not bashing with it.a exb would be fine .I might just do that. I would need to get a kraton cover and I'd have a nice truck to blast across the grass feilds
Ima say stay with the stock chassis. I only have the Rtr on my noto. Just remove the tower to tower bar and put metal chassis braces on. By experience with the noto chassis it is still straight after all the torture it has taken. If i were you i would invest on a metal gearbox and m2c outdrives. My noto has 3 exb diffs. I Had a terrible experience with a backup RTR diff i used on my kraton exb(i had the early production run with rear diff issues
Awesome truck and way better than any of the 3s or 4s stuff. It's arrmas best seller for a reason! at least I heard that somewhere before :ROFLMAO:
Jason claimed its not their best seller.

Ima say stay with the stock chassis. I only have the stock on the v5. Just remove the tower to tower bar and put metal chassis braces on. By experience with the noto chassis still straight after all the torture it has taken. If i were you i would invest on a metal gearbox and m2c outdrives. My noto has 3 exb diffs. I Had a terrible experience with a backup RTR diff i used on my kraton exb(i had the early production run with rear diff issues

Jason claimed its not their best seller.
wow really? I would love to know what is! I think I read that about the kraton somewhere on this site actually lol.

wow really? I would love to know what is! I think I read that about the kraton somewhere on this site actually lol.
I guess its the 3s platform. Specially right now with the economy. All the groups i spy on the majority is 3s vehicles and 4s vehicles. Also marketplace and my Craigslist is majority 3s trucks

Ok boyzzz I think my journey is over.i found one and the seller states that he bought it for his son a year ago brand new and since it was to much power for his 10 year old he kept it on the shelf in his room .only used 2 times on the grass and never used it again .he said he is looking for a trade or 350.he lives one state away from me so no shipping costs because we can meet up.only issue is he won't be back until late next week because he is on a camping trip🤷kinda sucks because I'm a very impatient person and I'll end up pulling all my hair out waiting for this thing. He said the cover is a rare kraton cover.i don't think it's a v5 or v4 might even be older but for 350 for a new kraton is a huge deal .what do you guys think

Wasn’t @joostin420 selling new ones on here for like $450 last week?

Having to drive any more than 20 minutes immediately kills the deal for me. I’ve wasted so much time driving to look at cars, trucks and motorcycles that were all “perfect” only to show up and see a piece of junk. I would say driving over an hour but for something like an rc car, I’m not driving more than 20 unless it’s on my way to something else.

Wasn’t @joostin420 selling new ones on here for like $450 last week?

Having to drive any more than 20 minutes immediately kills the deal for me. I’ve wasted so much time driving to look at cars, trucks and motorcycles that were all “perfect” only to show up and see a piece of junk. I would say driving over an hour but for something like an rc car, I’m not driving more than 20 unless it’s on my way to something else.
He lives just right over the mass and Rhode island state line and he said he would meet me half way which is about 20 minutes.😁👍.I won't go alone .my friend will come with me and I'ma bring Zeus his 2 yr old bull mastiff.😁

Ok boyzzz I think my journey is over.i found one and the seller states that he bought it for his son a year ago brand new and since it was to much power for his 10 year old he kept it on the shelf in his room .only used 2 times on the grass and never used it again .he said he is looking for a trade or 350.he lives one state away from me so no shipping costs because we can meet up.only issue is he won't be back until late next week because he is on a camping trip🤷kinda sucks because I'm a very impatient person and I'll end up pulling all my hair out waiting for this thing. He said the cover is a rare kraton cover.i don't think it's a v5 or v4 might even be older but for 350 for a new kraton is a huge deal .what do you guys think
If he bought it new last year it is either an EXB or a V5. There are no rare bodies for the Kraton. The only Arrma that has a rare body is the 10th Anniversary Outcast.
Damn slick .that's some good knowledge bud👍 your like a RC platform dictionary 🤣

And that is only a handful of the rc manufacturers out there. You look at any brand that makes rc cars and they will always have more than 1 car that shares parts, the only car that I can think of off the top of my head that doesn't share parts with another car is the Traxxas Maxx but something tells me that Traxxas will likely make another car on that platform like they did with the Xmaxx and the XRT. Real car makers do the same thing look at GM, the Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Sierra, Yukon and Escalade(do they still make the Escalade?) are all built on the same platform. It is way more cost effective to have 10 models that use the same platform than to have 10 different platforms for each car.
He lives just right over the mass and Rhode island state line and he said he would meet me half way which is about 20 minutes.😁👍.I won't go alone .my friend will come with me and I'ma bring Zeus his 2 yr old bull mastiff.😁
I would feel safer with my friends Smith and Wesson. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
If he bought it new last year it is either an EXB or a V5. There are no rare bodies for the Kraton. The only Arrma that has a rare body is the 10th Anniversary Outcast.

And that is only a handful of the rc manufacturers out there. You look at any brand that makes rc cars and they will always have more than 1 car that shares parts, the only car that I can think of off the top of my head that doesn't share parts with another car is the Traxxas Maxx but something tells me that Traxxas will likely make another car on that platform like they did with the Xmaxx and the XRT. Real car makers do the same thing look at GM, the Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Sierra, Yukon and Escalade(do they still make the Escalade?) are all built on the same platform. It is way more cost effective to have 10 models that use the same platform than to have 10 different platforms for each car.

I would feel safer with my friends Smith and Wesson. :ROFLMAO:

Not to get too far off topic, but I really think Traxxas missed the mark with the Sledge. A low cg, longer Maxx would have been much more appealing to me at least.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back