How does pin spacing on buggy tires affect handling?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Looking for another set of buggy tires and wanted some pin style this time. There are a lot of options on how big and small the pins are and how much space is in between them.

I'll be running on hard packed dirt with a lot of embedded rocks and fine dust on top in the summer, muddy in the winter. What should I be looking for or does it not make much difference for bashers?

I have a Typhon 6s, I run XCons pin style buggy tires racing on a hard clay loose dirt track. They are softer will tend to wear out quicker. Proline Badlands for over all bashing on dust dirt mud ect. Very happy with the performance of both. Good luck

That’s a complicated question. Lug spacing and size obviously affect grip. Dense small square lug pattern with offset lug rows in the center of the tire deliver maximum forward traction and good wear characteristics. Some have side lugs to improve cornering. I’m using AKA and Pro line. So far I think AKA is better of the two. The pro line Hole shot is really good option if you can get them. My AKA’s are Impact and Cityblock. Both are awesome.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back