Kraton How does the Kraton 8S do in the snow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ed it looks like it’s still diffing out side to side. In the slo-mo shot after you said you didn’t want to hit a tree, you were doing a donut and the one side was ballooning. Wondering if going a lot higher front and rear would help that? Might help with snow traction overall. Great video as always. Too bad there wasn’t any breakage ??????

Sorry to disappoint you ? As far as going higher in the front and rear, I kind of like my trucks to turn. Maybe I'll go a hair higher in the rear but I'm very reluctant to go higher in the front.

Wow, I cant believe you risking even more parts as you broke them already at higher temperatures, good on you - have to admit I envy you for the space you got around the house to easily run your cars but then I probably wouldnt want to live out in the sticks - anywho keep the videos coming I really hope I have more time until we see our first snow here in the UK

I don't live in the sticks ?

@bicketybam curious what kind of runtime u getting with those monster Lectron pro 7600mah?

Today was about 18-20 minutes and it was 35 degrees Fahrenheit out. I was also flat out most of the time.

I watched that last night (TheBigGuy78RC). Sweet video man. I'm still patiently waiting for mine!

You guys enjoy the video. I'll worry about the bearings ?
You push things to the limit. We all enjoy that. You are always prepared for that next run no doubt. Thanx.

@bicketybam, regarding Fr/Rear diffs., I agree, don't lock up the front diff too much. If I up the front diff's CST, I will also up the rear. And If I don't match front to rear CST's, I keep the ratio of CST rear/front at 3:1, i.e. 60K(rear)-20K(front) as an example that I use in my Kraton 6S. I don't like any rig to 'Push" (understeer). I like to keep as much steering as possible also.(y) It's much easier to dial out too much Steering than to dial out too much Push. IMO.

Last edited:
Well this made my day ???
Screenshot_20191203-144917_YouTube.jpg

Well this made my day ???
View attachment 56097
Congrats Ed on the well deserved attention. I hope this gets you some clout when it comes to new models and helps your sub count. Nothing against any others out there that got early samples, but I would very much enjoy your early testing as much as the others. Vas does a great unboxing. Rich and Eric send them to the moon and back. I think you’re going to relate to the average guy a little more. ??????

Congrats Ed on the well deserved attention. I hope this gets you some clout when it comes to new models and helps your sub count. Nothing against any others out there that got early samples, but I would very much enjoy your early testing as much as the others. Vas does a great unboxing. Rich and Eric send them to the moon and back. I think you’re going to relate to the average guy a little more. ??????
Well said. :)

Thanks for the kind words but I doubt I'll be getting anything early in the future ? I'm small potatoes, but that's ok ???
Maybe that’s why you’re relatable ??‍♂️ You’re like us, but with a thicker wallet, better park, and driving skills ??

With you, we all know we will here your side of the product performance every time, no sugar coating, no blatant lies or tilting of the video for a pre-conceived outcome. Good quality stuff from the normal basher perspective.

I am buying my son the kraton 8s mobile. Is it better then the xmaxx car? I heard all of the bolts are falling out of kraton machine. The frame bends when tree hit them. My son is 1 year old can he control big 8s zoom ? Just kidding nice snow bash. I thought you were missing the trolls.:)

I am buying my son the kraton 8s mobile. Is it better then the xmaxx car? I heard all of the bolts are falling out of kraton machine. The frame bends when tree hit them. My son is 1 year old can he control big 8s zoom ? Just kidding nice snow bash. I thought you were missing the trolls.:)
You almost had me ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back