What does everyone think of the New Outcast and Kraton 8S Trucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kinda shocked they put a bigger motor in, EXB AND it's only $1k.. the bodies look like "angry birds" to me but, who cares, they'll be trashed in no time anyways..well, mine would😉😂😂
I'd like the Kraton with BF tires and wheels..
I've always thought the Outcast was the better lookin of the two, still is, but I prefer a longer wheelbase personally.

Looks like they added a lot more tread to the backflips
outcast.jpg

View attachment 313725
I thought so too, there's mention of that on the Tower site. There's a listing for "dboots Back-Flip Big Block MT Tires", $86.99 a pair!?
I'm glad to see they didn't "leach" these out to the "influencers " first this time.. I hate when companies "dangle the fruit" .. look at what you can't get..

Never owned an 8s kraton/outcast, but was the chassis always 5mm? Looks to have a decent stock servo that's 8.4v capable. And the 6mm shock shafts look beefy.

The question is: do you think they solved all the issues the first gen had?

These look great! I really like how both bodies are so different yet have such a great style to them. Arrma body design are definitely a plus in my book!

I have not had any issues with the EXB shocks, nor the BLX shocks (after the shock piston mod), I hope the driveshafts are slightly "more" hardened and that they do a better job shimming the diff's out of the box.

The black colored Firma 160 V2 :cool:.. Curious on the V2 since the OG has been a great ESC.

Last edited:
View attachment 313725
But same part number?
Never owned an 8s kraton/outcast, but was the chassis always 5mm? Looks to have a decent stock servo that's 8.4v capable. And the 6mm shock shafts look beefy.

The question is: do you think they solved all the issues the first gen had?
The exb was 5 mm the rtr had 4mm 6061 i believe
My main issue for me is its internal issues have not been adressed. Like the diff cases with odd size screws who causes problems. but now u can get a RTR with full of upgrades for the price of the old RTR who had nothing going for it. Or did the price go up?

Would it not be better to have this post under the 8s arrma forum?

Great truck and good news, competition is really a good thing, now this trucks would make the xrt and x maxx looks weak out of the box, with the improved servo and the bigger motor it going to be what most expect and want, no need to upgrade this unless you want even bigger motor system.

I want the motor, body and chassis for my v1 k8s. Wonder how this v2 spectrum esc would be compared to v1 paired with the 5687 motor, and what gearing it comes with. Must check some exploded views.

But same part number?

The exb was 5 mm the rtr had 4mm 6061 i believe
My main issue for me is its internal issues have not been adressed. Like the diff cases with odd size screws who causes problems. but now u can get a RTR with full of upgrades for the price of the old RTR who had nothing going for it. Or did the price go up?
I think the new tires have a new part number? Definitely a new price.
Pre-order at $999. That's same as old rtr.. it's definitely a step in the right direction considering what the rest of the RC industry has been doing, such as an extended wheelbase slash for $530!? I know, it has super deluxe expialidocious suspension parts and Maxx plastic driveshafts so, totally worth it, not!!🤪🤮😂😂

The price is good, but other than that seems basically the same as before.
Yeah, minor tweaks.. should easily outpace a TRX 8s now though, of course that comes at the expense of even shorter run times.. gotta take the bad with the good I suppose. Assuming one wants that. 🤷‍♂️

After further research, I'd like to add to my initial thoughts...this truck is really just more of the same. I really would've liked for Arrma to introduce an all new vehicle. The biggest upgrades made to this truck so far seem to be the servo, esc, and motor. As others have posted above me, they didn't address many of the other underlying issues that these rigs have. Like I said earlier, I'm glad they were able to still keep it at it's "normal" price point with the way inflation is running rampant these days. If that was Traxxas they would've for sure tacked on an extra $200.

Tell you one thing, I still have my RTR OC8S original (red body) and I love the thing. I do take care of it because I got it when they were on sale for half off, but the red body still looks better to me than the new one and the old EXB. Something about that red metallic. Anyway, ill probably end up getting a new EXB just because. ARRMA is really doing a great job and not price gouging everytime a new version comes out unlike other brands…

Tell you one thing, I still have my RTR OC8S original (red body) and I love the thing. I do take care of it because I got it when they were on sale for half off, but the red body still looks better to me than the new one and the old EXB. Something about that red metallic. Anyway, ill probably end up getting a new EXB just because. ARRMA is really doing a great job and not price gouging everytime a new version comes out unlike other brands…
Outcast 6s exb rtr and talion 6s exb rtr enters the tchat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back