What does everyone think of the New Outcast and Kraton 8S Trucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So other than the electronics , what is better about these vs. the K8S EXB Roller ?
Nothing much besides the body, not sure if you’d call it “better”, and TBH that’s the best part. People that already had the EXB rollers don’t feel like they HAVE to upgrade. People that are just getting into it are able to bash their RTR, without having all the non-EXB parts break. It also keeps all the same EXB parts around for that much longer for those of us that have the EXB rollers. That being said, I wish they would’ve kept the EXB roller models around for those of us that like to tinker. I am happy that this doesn’t seem to be a money grab with gimmicky upgrades (*cough* rear hand brake), and instead seems to be an evolution/refresh.

Last edited:
Wasn't one of your latest videos with an 8S Outcast?

That rig is a BEAST! :devilish:
True! And all it has is a m2c chassis, dog bones and bellcrank with some gpm aluminum steering tie rods and front hinge pin kit. I didn't even need anything but the chassis and dog bones. Bellcrank was to fit bigger motor. 😊

Nothing much besides the body, not sure if you’d call it “better”, and TBH that’s the best part. People that already had the EXB rollers don’t feel like they HAVE to upgrade. People that are just getting into it are able to bash their RTR, without having all the non-EXB parts break. It also keeps all the same EXB parts around for that much longer for those of us that have the EXB rollers. That being said, I wish they would’ve kept the EXB roller models around for those of us that like to tinker. I am happy that this doesn’t seem to be a money grab with gimmicky upgrades (*cough* rear hand brake), and instead seems to be an evolution/refresh.
OK , that's what I thought , I have a brand new K8S EXB Roller that I put the stock V1 K8S electronics ( 23t pinion ) in and a Primal servo , but still never driven it yet . The new electronics look pretty good in the videos of the new O8S EXB V2 !

Lol...gotta pic, or model number?
LOL , yup , after responding that to you , I went back to my Ebay purchases for 2022 and found it , it is the Primal RC 70kg PM1373 , and I paid $59 !!!
https://primalrc.com/product/PRPRE005/

LOL , and I don't know how it is cause I never drove the truck yet since buying it last November !!!

LOL , yup , after responding that to you , I went back to my Ebay purchases for 2022 and found it , it is the Primal RC 70kg PM1373 , and I paid $59 !!!
https://primalrc.com/product/PRPRE005/

LOL , and I don't know how it is cause I never drove the truck yet since buying it last November !!!
Awesome thanks! I bookmarked it for later. Let us know when you get around to running that rig.

It is ready to go !!!

IMG_3123.jpeg

Last edited:
Beat on my O8S EXB RTR pretty hard last night and it has laughed it off each time. Surprisingly, landing sideways from well over my head did nothing to it. I dare say this is more durable than my 6S Kraton....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back