What does everyone think of the New Outcast and Kraton 8S Trucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still looking for some good bash vids with the new K8S..so far everything is O8S. Clearly the more popular truck, I'm more interested in the Kraton myself. Anyone seen a good vid of one yet?

Still looking for some good bash vids with the new K8S..so far everything is O8S. Clearly the more popular truck, I'm more interested in the Kraton myself. Anyone seen a good vid of one yet?
I prefer the kraton there's a few video's but none are sending it like the outcast. I am so tempted to get the kraton need to talk myself out of it there just two much money in the uk

I prefer the kraton there's a few video's but none are sending it like the outcast. I am so tempted to get the kraton need to talk myself out of it there just two much money in the uk
IDK where the cost is over there but $1k is a stretch I can't cover right now unfortunately. Still, I would love to see some good bashing with one. I don't believe it will survive the aerobatics the O8S does, at least they never did before. That's quite alright with me. I'm more interested in stability the long wheelbase delivers myself.

IDK where the cost is over there but $1k is a stretch I can't cover right now unfortunately. Still, I would love to see some good bashing with one. I don't believe it will survive the aerobatics the O8S does, at least they never did before. That's quite alright with me. I'm more interested in stability the long wheelbase delivers myself.
the outcast feels like a kraton compared to the xmaxx :ROFLMAO:

its £1100 pounds hear so thats 1400 dollars then I would need 2 good 4s lipo's that would be about £140 :rolleyes:

the outcast feels like a kraton compared to the xmaxx :ROFLMAO:
I can believe it. I do like how my X drives, with stock power it doesn't wheelie every time I mash the throttle. Which I prefer it not to, gets old quick for me. I've been slowly migrating away from SWB rigs. Just how old farts like me roll I guess 🤷‍♂️😉🤣

I ditched those altogether and got the StupidRC brace - Chassis brace. Same price as replacing the ends with M2C rod ends

MX43’s will be here tomorrow. Thanks for the recommendation.
The Trenchers showed up first, and batteries are charged! Ready to see what I can break!
IMG_3376.jpeg

I can believe it. I do like how my X drives, with stock power it doesn't wheelie every time I mash the throttle. Which I prefer it not to, gets old quick for me. I've been slowly migrating away from SWB rigs. Just how old farts like me roll I guess 🤷‍♂️😉🤣
If popping wheelies is a concern, you can drop your center diff weight down. It’ll pop less wheelies, and potentially handle better.

If popping wheelies is a concern, you can drop your center diff weight down. It’ll pop less wheelies, and potentially handle better.
TBH, I don't think there's much fluid in my center diff. I haven't opened it yet..it's only 2 years old so not due🤷‍♂️
FWIW, I did pull the rear and open it to replace bearings..empty. well, it was wet at least. At the time, I didn't know TRX uses a screw from outside to secure the drive cups..I'm like wtf?! How dis come apart🤷‍♂️ welp, I fingered it out. Pretty slick honestly. BTW, I did top it off with 10k fluid😉
So, I figure if the rear diff was assembled with one drop of fluid, the center likely has one drop of 20mil in it..🤷‍♂️

IMG_3382.jpeg

Great air control on the Trenchers! They’re so heavy though! I could definitely feel the difference when carrying it. I accidentally had my finger on the throttle some when landing, and snapped one of my new M2C driveshafts.

Last edited:
View attachment 319877
Great air control on the Trenchers! They’re so heavy though! I could definitely feel the difference when carrying it. I accidentally had my finger on the throttle some when landing, and snapped those one of my new M2C driveshafts.
Those trenchers are heavy, and I had to take them off my exb outcast because I was breaking too often. Other than that, I really liked them. I figured as I get better at landing 😁, I'll break them out more often. That air control though! 🤪

View attachment 319877
Great air control on the Trenchers! They’re so heavy though! I could definitely feel the difference when carrying it. I accidentally had my finger on the throttle some when landing, and snapped those one of my new M2C driveshafts.
Oof did the pin snap?

Snapped at the neck
I actually had that happen when I tried the trenchers too. The m2c overkill driveshafts fixed the problem for me. Some people seem to have issues with the pins on the m2c driveshafts though. I personally haven't had any.

Those trenchers are heavy, and I had to take them off my exb outcast because I was breaking too often. Other than that, I really liked them. I figured as I get better at landing 😁, I'll break them out more often. That air control though! 🤪
I agree! I pulled off a double backflip barely trying! Same as you, as I get better I’ll probably pull them back out. I just watched USPS drop off the mx43 Badlands, I’m definitely going to give those a try.

On another note, the KC RC ramp did not like the 8S hitting it while being at the top notch. I shot this run in 240fps, and you can see the ramp tipping forward, which was the cause of the bad landing, and subsequent driveshaft snap. Next run I’m going to drop it down one notch and use the Badlands. Just waiting on new shafts…
I actually had that happen when I tried the trenchers too. The m2c overkill driveshafts fixed the problem for me. Some people seem to have issues with the pins on the m2c driveshafts though. I personally haven't had any.
I contemplated the overkill, did you have to limit your suspension travel?

That would be me..🤣 I'll just leave the link to a thread I created about it. I'm still breaking pins and occasionally at the neck but not nearly as much since I cut the punch down and took the trenchers off 🤷‍♂️

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/breaking-m2c-cvd-pins.63115/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back