Fireteam How is everyone removing the toy soldiers from their Fireteam?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing wrong with using a Lexan body on that long ass chassis. But for hard bashing, makes sure you get an upgrade M2C XLWB chassis. The stocker will absolutely fold on you IMHO.

I don't really care about the politics of it, I mostly just don't like characters in my cars. Even with really nice scale rigs - I prefer them without characters. There's one guy I see on a crawler forum that even sets up his builds in scale garages with axles on jackstands etc - really cool, but I don't think he puts figures in there. Something about it I just am not as much of a fan. Could just be insecurity about it looking more toy-ish, idk. So I tend to go the goofy head route instead.
It does save a tiny bit of weight - 6 arms and 3 heads, rifles, and bodies... but not a huge deal. Like @SrC said, it's just a heavy beast anyway - it's the longest, (nearly) widest, longest travel, e-brake having, full cage wrapped, heavy non-balooning tire wearing... like the heaviest of every option in the 6S lineup. And I'm not going to make it heavier with shoe goo. All the frame pieces are replaceable in small sets for reasonable cost, so I've just put some wear guards on the few frame corners in the rear that grind down to bolt heads almost immediately. And other than that, whatever falls off, falls off. So not good if you want a pristine fireteam rig with every body panel perfect, but pretty decent if you want a tough fairly inexpensive to maintain body.

My Avatar to the left has a figure that looks like me.:D

in todays world you never know! in 20 years of carrying I have only pulled out my gun twice and both times the situation/attitudes changed dramatically for the better.
You are lucky.
I broke leather too many times to even count in my carreer.
But I am still here to talk about it. The basic idea of it all....:whistle:

Iirc I bought 4 of them and only used 3. I cut one in half and used both pieces per left and right side and then cut one up for f/r. I actually don't have a pic but a few people have posted pics of it that look way better than mine. Search fireteam net or something similar. I think @parcou is one of the people who have done it.
Thx

I actually got the idea from another user here :)

@sumguy75 I got the net here which was shared to me by the user I copied...

One will do but I am a little extra so I got two packs but did not use it all. It does take some planning and cutting to see how you want to cover the areas

1672267836297.png
1672267857208.png
1672267875763.png
1672267941349.png

Nothing wrong with using a Lexan body on that long ass chassis. But for hard bashing, makes sure you get an upgrade M2C XLWB chassis. The stocker will absolutely fold on you IMHO.

Agree.... The strength of the FT body is amazing...just heavy as we all know. Main reason in my recent post I did a hard body for the Talion the lexan does not cut it for bashing. I'm not into buying bodies over and over :)

At some point I'd like to try that zip tie attachment approach with lots of small plates. So the whole body would just be lots of mostly triangular plates zip tied at their edges to the cross bars. Super mad max. Probably would have to weight a ton for the plates to last more than one tumble though.

I don't really care about the politics of it, I mostly just don't like characters in my cars. Even with really nice scale rigs - I prefer them without characters. There's one guy I see on a crawler forum that even sets up his builds in scale garages with axles on jackstands etc - really cool, but I don't think he puts figures in there. Something about it I just am not as much of a fan. Could just be insecurity about it looking more toy-ish, idk. So I tend to go the goofy head route instead.
It does save a tiny bit of weight - 6 arms and 3 heads, rifles, and bodies... but not a huge deal. Like @SrC said, it's just a heavy beast anyway - it's the longest, (nearly) widest, longest travel, e-brake having, full cage wrapped, heavy non-balooning tire wearing... like the heaviest of every option in the 6S lineup. And I'm not going to make it heavier with shoe goo. All the frame pieces are replaceable in small sets for reasonable cost, so I've just put some wear guards on the few frame corners in the rear that grind down to bolt heads almost immediately. And other than that, whatever falls off, falls off. So not good if you want a pristine fireteam rig with every body panel perfect, but pretty decent if you want a tough fairly inexpensive to maintain body.
I bought the FT to be my "Beater" rig. I know it will look like Crap after a few runs. I'll just use spit and Gorilla tape as needed on the body.:LOL: I'm more into keeping it mechanically sound, the drivetrain durable, and running like a swiss watch. I am comfortable with 6s rigs in this regard.

I don't know about that. My son and everyone here still play FortNite and GTA. It's all happening online now for kids and adults with gaming.

@sumguy75,
I am sorry that you don't advocate for the NRA. I get it. Many are here where I live. I am not one of them, being A retired Officer. I also was on the FT there. With Shotguns. Real Guns don't kill, Bad People do. If I needed help, I would be hoping The Fireteam would show up with their guns, Not empty handed, holding their asses.;)
I am not afraid of guns.
Kidding aside, lets be real. This is a TOY. Do these little guns scare you? Afraid of being harrassed by Gun control Activists because the FT has little guns?

Removing the Longarms won't reduce any significant weight at all. But that's an easy fix if you are so inclined.
Just remove the arms from within the bottom and then remove the TOY guns from the Arms and reinstall the arms. Takes all of 5 minutes.
I never thought any RC car had to be politically Correct. Maybe you chose the wrong RC? IDK. Don't be offended. These are just toys. Don't let the media control how you play with TOYS. I played with GI Joes as a kid. So maybe I see things differently?:rolleyes:
I didn't buy the FT just because of the Guns. They were there. Have no problem with it. I just want to bash. Guns or no guns, doesn't matter or make a difference.
We all RC differently I get it.:cool:
G.I hoes were my favorite toys! Besides my little Rc monster truck!

Hilarious Comments...

I bought my FT to drive and enjoy. Who cares if there's dudes with guns inside. If they don't affect performance, to me it's as if they're not there.

Embarrassing for you? Really? Your driving an RC vehicle... That in itself can be embarrassing if you worry about being judged by others. Just know, if people in the hobby are mocking you because the FT has dudes, they have their own problems in life.

I mean... Really... WHO CARES.

... And what does being pc correct or a 2nd amendment supporter have to do with any of this? It's a damn toy. Did you also not own army men when you were little? Lol.

SMH

Hilarious Comments...

I bought my FT to drive and enjoy. Who cares if there's dudes with guns inside. If they don't affect performance, to me it's as if they're not there.

Embarrassing for you? Really? Your driving an RC vehicle... That in itself can be embarrassing if you worry about being judged by others. Just know, if people in the hobby are mocking you because the FT has dudes, they have their own problems in life.

... And what does being pc correct or a 2nd amendment supporter have to do with any of this? It's a damn toy. Did you also not own army men when you were little? Lol.

SMH
Welcome to the forum! Great introduction...lol.

Last edited:
Hilarious Comments...

SMH

Weight affects performance and the gun dudes are not weightless. Removing the dudes and the handbrake will drop almost a pound of weight and that is what I want.

I don't care what other people think about the way the dudes look, I don't like the way they look. Its a personal preference, keep them if you want. Pretty sure the second amendment has nothing to do with removing toy dudes to reduce weight and make the rig look more the way I want it to look instead of the way Arrma wanted it to look. If I wanted army men I'd go buy army men.

Welcome to the forum.

Yep, bought it knowing the gun dudes were there. I also knew before I bought it that I would cut them out. You like yours? Keep 'em, nobody is asking you to cut them out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back