Fireteam How is everyone removing the toy soldiers from their Fireteam?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe that is why the FT is getting the big discounts.

For the FT, yeah it's might be a bit hoky, but it is what it is. Why not throw a Kraton body on there or something? Make it look less scale and more bashable?

What's strange is Arrma is based in the UK, where guns are illegal, and they added an armed militia to an RC. The Brits are getting all tactical and stuff, go figure.
bug-out bags are cool but I never leave home without my lipstick 💄 holder. Small buy Carries everything you need.
1DBB93A9-95EB-4E9D-86E9-C84A4E7F9914.png
9C2D5C60-52E6-47A0-AF66-C91A0A7D041E.png
4A5CE0E3-8443-4E61-9B2C-0B60B35F547D.png
In our house you say get the lipstick it means something totally different!

The px4sc? or you have big pockets for a full size px4.🤣😂

Plus it replaced my Fanny pack from the 90’s.🤣
It is actually the full size. Weird thing is, it doesn’t work well in jeans, but it works great in cargo shorts. When it’s winter time and I’m wearing jeans I’m sure people see the hump. I don’t carry much anyway, though. Unless I have to lock my truck and walk away for a long period in a sketchy area. I have a tosser in my truck that I wouldn’t miss much if someone broke into it. I’d sure miss my Beretta, though.
And yeah, that beats a Fanny pack for sure, man!

I like real guns but toy soldiers with toy guns just looks a bit naff. I am sure a lot of people removing them aren't doing it because they are anti firearms lol
On the contrary, it seems that many are not feeling the gun theme for obvious reasons. What many reviewers have stated for like 12 months since the FT was released. I am not judging. We all RC differently.
I just find it kind of odd that it translates to our Toys.:giggle:
The px4sc? or you have big pockets for a full size px4.🤣😂

Plus it replaced my Fanny pack from the 90’s.🤣
Same here, Fanny pack from the 90's. Outdated to me now. But they still make all types of them. Depends what you carry I guess? Preference.
bug-out bags are cool but I never leave home without my lipstick 💄 holder. Small buy Carries everything you need. View attachment 265402View attachment 265403View attachment 265404In our house you say get the lipstick it means something totally different!
Sweet....

I want to remove the weight but I like that the electronics are protected. Did you leave yours completely open without the soldiers or did you cover it up with something else?
I used netting that a few people around here did and recommended.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K56PHPB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Honestly, I just finished applying it today and before that I only had it on half the body lol. Personally, I never felt like I needed any protection or anything and the increased air flow definitely helps with temps.

I used netting that a few people around here did and recommended.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K56PHPB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Honestly, I just finished applying it today and before that I only had it on half the body lol. Personally, I never felt like I needed any protection or anything and the increased air flow definitely helps with temps.
Pics? How much will that netting cover? I was thinking of using it to cover where the cutout dudes are and possibly the bottom half of the doors.

Removing the Longarms won't reduce any significant weight at all. But that's an easy fix if you are so inclined.
Just remove the arms from within the bottom and then remove the TOY guns from the Arms and reinstall the arms. Takes all of 5 minutes.
I never thought any RC car had to be politically Correct. Maybe you chose the wrong RC? IDK. Don't be offended. These are just toys. Don't let the media control how you play with TOYS. I played with GI Joes as a kid. So maybe I see things differently?:rolleyes:
I didn't buy the FT just because of the Guns. They were there. Have no problem with it. I just want to bash. Guns or no guns, doesn't matter or make a difference.
We all RC differently I get it.:cool:
I don't own a gun and I'm not comfortable being threatened by the guys in my rc when I tell them its time to go home. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, the guns don't weigh much but the dudes holding them do and it makes the whole rig look like a cheap child's toy IMO. If they would have put cool action figures in, they might be worth the extra weight, something like these guys...

commando.jpg

rambo.jpg

I think the whole body over all is nerdy. Don’t really care about the guns, just don’t care for the over all look. If they wanted a military theme, they should have took the Mojave body, modded it a bit to look more like a hummer and then it would have been badass, guns or no guns.

The custom painted bodies that look more like a traditional sxs are pretty cool though.

Pics? How much will that netting cover? I was thinking of using it to cover where the cutout dudes are and possibly the bottom half of the doors.

I don't own a gun and I'm not comfortable being threatened by the guys in my rc when I tell them its time to go home. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, the guns don't weigh much but the dudes holding them do and it makes the whole rig look like a cheap child's toy IMO. If they would have put cool action figures in, they might be worth the extra weight, something like these guys...

View attachment 265471

View attachment 265472
😂 action figures? You mean 2 roided out actors? the Fireteam looks like USSOCOM built it.but the “action” figures get guns and shoulder held?

View attachment 265471

View attachment 265472
Iirc I bought 4 of them and only used 3. I cut one in half and used both pieces per left and right side and then cut one up for f/r. I actually don't have a pic but a few people have posted pics of it that look way better than mine. Search fireteam net or something similar. I think @parcou is one of the people who have done it.

😂 action figures? You mean 2 roided out actors? the Fireteam looks like USSOCOM built it.but the “action” figures get guns and shoulder held?
My favorite roided out actors. :ROFLMAO:

Plus if USSOCOM built it, I think they would be smart enough to have doors that could stop a bullet...🤷‍♂️

My favorite roided out actors. :ROFLMAO:

Plus if USSOCOM built it, I think they would be smart enough to have doors that could stop a bullet...🤷‍♂️
Interesting, all the Humvee's we had in 1990 didn't have bullet proof doors. hell some had soft doors! I wonder what Top would have said back then if I didnt want to get in the humvee becuase it didnt have bullet proof doors.🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Interesting, all the Humvee's we had in 1990 didn't have bullet proof doors. hell some had soft doors! I wonder what Top would have said back then if I didnt want to get in the humvee becuase it didnt have bullet proof doors.🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Haha, shows how little I know about the military. That's probably why I'd rather see Arnold and Stallone in my Fireteam! :ROFLMAO:
I like real guns but toy soldiers with toy guns just looks a bit naff. I am sure a lot of people removing them aren't doing it because they are anti firearms lol
Haha, I'm not anti-firearms at all but I know thats what anyone with a gun fetish calls anyone without a gun fetish.

And I thought this thread was about cutting plastic toys. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Maybe that is why the FT is getting the big discounts.

For the FT, yeah it's might be a bit hoky, but it is what it is. Why not throw a Kraton body on there or something? Make it look less scale and more bashable?

What's strange is Arrma is based in the UK, where guns are illegal, and they added an armed militia to an RC. The Brits are getting all tactical and stuff, go figure.
RC is about customizing the bodies and all. Whatever floats your boat. I just feel, the Toy soldier thing became a topic thing. If the political climate didn't exist as we see it today, I bet the toy soldier thing wouldn't even be a "thing" much to speak of. Maybe this did hurt FT sales... Possibly, overall on the global market.
Horizon Hobby, USA is who ultimately makes this decision, and tweaks the Marketting to thier own philosophy and target market. HH pulls the strings.
Arrma, UK, just designs them. The chosen body theme was just for marketting aestetics.
The Cage/Body design is actually part of the Structural design of the whole chassis. It integrates strength to this whole platform. What truly makes this FT unique. It is far from perfect, but has much potential with better alloy chassis and bracing, and Towers. ( using CF or 7075)
I can't see why one would remove the cage body and slap a flimsy Lexan body on it. That just goes against the whole FT design. I made an XLWB Typhon with a Mojave chassis and Kraton Arms, long before the FT even came out. I only got the FT because the Caged body Integration. And of course the $400. Sale price. I would have never purchased the FT at retail price otherwise.
One can take the caged/panel body and do a Heimistorm Body paint design theme, and make it a sporty "One-By" look if that works better. I am not opposed to doing just that. I have 18 RC rigs here in my collection. All types and flavors and themes. I like variety.
:cool:
Haha, shows how little I know about the military. That's probably why I'd rather see Arnold and Stallone in my Fireteam! :ROFLMAO:

Haha, I'm not anti-firearms at all but I know thats what anyone with a gun fetish calls anyone without a gun fetish.

And I thought this thread was about cutting plastic toys. :ROFLMAO:
I take the blame for that.
I did state how to remove them easily enough.(y) Just any weight savings by removing the 3 Toy guns is fruitless. The FT is the Heaviest 6s rig out there. Body alone weighs 2 pounds. Some guys are reinforcing the Body for durability adding even more weight to it.
I think I opened up that can of worms.:giggle:

Last edited:
Haha, its all good. I just like to keep mine looking more like off-road racing/recreation vehicles instead of a mission based look. Unless maybe I have a subconscious grudge against the military for rejecting me for enlistment due to asthma when I was 24. :ROFLMAO:

I'm definitely keeping the cage. I saw a YT vid where someone had managed to fit a truck body over the cage, that's the only way I'd consider a truck body on mine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back