How low does humidity need to be for Lexan paint to properly adhere?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I’m doing everything except the hair dryer part.
I think the most important part of painting these is the prep work

I scuff the inside with scotchbrite and then clean with rubbing alcohol with a clean microfiber towel

If you’ve got a hairdryer then the humidity doesn’t matter ..I always use a hairdryer when I’m airbrushing..BUT.. I only apply heat to the outside of the body

Sometimes the direct heat on the paint can cause other issues ..so I heat from the outside

Just my .02$

I think the most important part of painting these is the prep work

I scuff the inside with scotchbrite and then clean with rubbing alcohol with a clean microfiber towel

If you’ve got a hairdryer then the humidity doesn’t matter ..I always use a hairdryer when I’m airbrushing..BUT.. I only apply heat to the outside of the body

Sometimes the direct heat on the paint can cause other issues ..so I heat from the outside

Just my .02$
Thanks.

I did get the body done but I’m having coverage issues.

Post a picture
What kind of coverage issues?😎
Paint coverage.
982E37BE-BCF2-4B7E-9508-9270F5B087CA.jpeg
4ACF9E82-22C1-4D85-89A8-C2394604A827.jpeg

This is my first black body.

Easy fix. Hold the body up to the light and give some nice light coats till you don’t see any light shining through.
Dang, I already peeled the plastic.

Thanks for the tip anyways.

Wide electrical tape works well for black. I ran out of black before I finished once. I was only painting the bed and windows black, used electrical tape and couldnt tell the difference really.

Wide electrical tape works well for black. I ran out of black before I finished once. I was only painting the bed and windows black, used electrical tape and couldnt tell the difference really.
Thank you.

I didn’t think about elechicken tape.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back