Kraton How to locate which diff has issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GiantNinja

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have the Kraton EXB, and I have had plenty of issues with the diffs needing extra shims and all that, and had everything working great. So I know that distinct sound of some diff gears skipping, but I just rebuilt all three diffs, and there's still some gears skipping, but from which diff? In the beginning, it was always the rear diff that I had issues with, but now I think it could be either the front, center or rear.

Does anyone have a good way to figure out which diff is slipping/noisy, so I don't spend time taking the diffs apart that aren't the problem?

Whenever I hear gears slipping and banging it has almost always been the input and big 43 tooth that have worn down not the gears inside the diff. Did you looked at those by chance?

take the front two wheels and turn them by hand same direction at the same time while the other two wheels are stopped by the ground. This is usually a good way to check ring gears. Do the opposite for the other side. Then to check internal gears grab one wheel and turn it, the oposite side should turn the opposite way. Front should have a little more resistance as this is the one we normally put 60k fluid in, then the rear would spin a little bit easier.

hope this helps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back