How to waterproof receiver box?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Mojave EXB
Hey guys.
I found that the stock Mojave receiver box isn't waterproof. Not even dust proof.
After running my Mojave i always find fine dust in the receiver box.
The standard red gasket doesn't seem to do its job very well. Have any of you guys found a good way to seal the box? How about liquid gasket?

Clean the rig after each run with compressed air and keep truckin...
That by itself is good advice, but i usually run on a small beach. It's dusty and salty. I prefer hosing the rig down with fresh water and soap and then dry in front of a small heater/blower. Or in the sun and wind during summer.
The other electronics, CC motors and ESC's, HW motors, Spektrum motors, rocket fans and Corally servo take it fine, just not the box.
I don't run it wet. I just wash and dry. Even the bearings are fine. I replace those every couple of months anyway.

Use a piece of Saran wrap around the servo wires (afterwards tuck it back into the groove) and a piece in between the cover and receiver box. Simple & Cheap And Won't attract more dirt or sand.

Why is my Amazon trying to get me to change my country to Canada?
Hahaha ha! Now you KNOW! Every time you Southern folks share links my Amazon does the same thing! Lol

It trying to get you to change because the link is from Amazon.ca.
Plus... Amazon is smart. They know you would happier and find more bash worthy spots up here lol
Plus... Amazon is smart. They know you would happier and find more bash worthy spots up here lol

Hahaha ha! Now you KNOW! Every time you Southern folks share links my Amazon does the same thing! Lol

It trying to get you to change because the link is from Amazon.ca.
No way bro, if anything I would move south before I ever moved north, it's cold enough where I live now.

No way bro, if anything I would move south before I ever moved north, it's cold enough where I live now.
Man I could never. Last vacation I took, ended up in D.R. at some resort because I was out voted. Damn near melted.
My vote then? Fishing in Alaska.

clear silicone and where the wires go in never had any water in there.

Place your receiver in a ballon, only way to do it without worries. Old and tried method for boats.
I prefer condoms.
Any suggestions how to secure it in the box after you put it in the balloon?
You’re overthinking this. Forget balloons, condoms, and Vaseline. (Wow, if I would have ever thought years ago that I’d formulate that sentence for this particular meaning, then…) Just pay proper attention to the foam “slit” insert and maybe put a little dielectric grease on the red o-ring on the top cover. Unless you submerge the vehicle, everything will be ok.

Just add foam in the receiver box that prevents it from rattling around.
Like, expanding foam? Just spray that sh*t in there and screw down the lid before it has a chance to expand? It would splooge out the little slot (!!!) and seal that up as well!
OK, that’s either a brilliant idea or a terrible plan, I can’t decide yet.

Like, expanding foam? Just spray that sh*t in there and screw down the lid before it has a chance to expand? It would splooge out the little slot (!!!) and seal that up as well!
OK, that’s either a brilliant idea or a terrible plan, I can’t decide yet.
No, simple packing stuff you find in every box. Nothing fancy, anything will do to keep it from rattling around.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back