Typhon HR Hot Racing Servo linkage- Poor design

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ari33

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Thought I'd better share this in case anyone is looking to get it.
Was wondering why the 'ball links' had more play than the stock composite item and a rubbery feel.
The servo arm is ok... but check out this silly pretend ball link.

20191123_221229.jpg

Is this normal for you guys? Would you use that? Really poor design IMO..

The servo arm itself is fine and my other HR stuff looks well designed so I was surprised to see this.

I’ve been using mine for over a year with zero issues. Swapped it when I put in my Savox servo. No complaints here. Less slop and play than the stock arm.

I’ve been using mine for over a year with zero issues. Swapped it when I put in my Savox servo. No complaints here. Less slop and play than the stock arm.

The servo arm itself is actually pretty good if you don't use the linkage. Glad to hear it has lasted a year without play getting too excessive but if your stock linkage had more play than the HR one, it must have been a bit worn out... as mine definately had less.

Hot racingalways have issues:/ from their driveshaft to servo arms
Even their pivot balls on the 3s rigs are starting to wear out and having slop
The HR pivot balls wore out how? You have pics?

Was wondering why the 'ball links' had more play than the stock composite item and a rubbery feel.
I don't understand what you mean, what is pretend here? the o-rings should be on the outside keeping the rod end level.

I don't understand what you mean, what is pretend here? the o-rings should be on the outside keeping the rod end level.

Maybe calling it pretend is the wrong word..
The Alu rod ball locators just have flat faces and are not cupped like the composite ones, I just think they could have done better with split ball cups or something to increase the wear area. The 4 month old stock item has less play than the brand new one which dissapointed me.

Oh, i understand, it wasnt clear from the photos.
It seems like a manufacturing mistake maybe? do you think it's intentional? it doesn't make much sense.

I guess because you cant really machine or cast a cup within the flange they decided to cheap out or be lazy with simple rubber O-rings.

I'd have specced split cups... something like this would have and maintain tighter tolerances and spread the 'wear point' over a far larger area.

Screenshot_20191124-110134.png

Thats all..

I have one. I said in here and somebody kidding me. Worst part ever for 6s line. Very poor design. I cannot understand people says its good. Slop is huge.

Thought I'd better share this in case anyone is looking to get it.

View attachment 54847

Is this normal for you guys? Would you use that? Really poor design IMO..

The servo arm itself is fine and my other HR stuff looks well designed so I was surprised to see this.
I said it 10 min ago on another thread. HR is not all that. That servo link is one example of HR pure junk. That crappy design is also used on their 6S v4 "upper" chassis brace Fr. and Rr rod ends. I kept the sloppy Arrma rod ends and use Teflon Tape to pull in the slop. Cheap and completely effective. I did that to every single sloppy rod end on all my rigs. Slop drives me crazy especially new out of the box. Some other don't mind.

Last edited:
and use Teflon Tape to pull in the slop. Cheap and completely effective.

I was thinking about the same thing. Can you elaborate / post pictures on how and where exactly you put the teflon tape?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back