I don’t want to, but I have to. The Kraton Superleggera.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
This is a polarizing subject, and I know there are people who are very passionate on both sides, but please don’t turn this thread into a debate, or post negative comments.

I’m going to put this out there, and I hope that this doesn’t anger anyone, or break any rules. I found out this morning, that if my Church doesn’t come up with $4000 in the next few months, it will have to permanently close its doors. It’s a very small, but growing church, that my wife and I attended for the last 4 years. It’s where my daughter was married, and where my Wife’s memorial service was held. It means a lot to me. It’s just a small church in Culloden WV called Creekside Church.

I’m not asking any of you for money, I’m actually going to sell some of my rigs to try to contribute to the church, and try to keep it going. The biggest and most painful is my Kraton Superleggera. It’s one of my favorites, and it’s going to hurt, but it’s more important to me to keep my church open. I’ll also be selling my Tamiya BBX kit (sealed, unopened box), my fully built RaptorR and my USA-1 VE. I want to see how that goes and decide on more later.

There’s currently only about 30 people in our congregation, and many of them don’t have a lot to give, so I plan to put as big a dent in it as I can. So when you see the for sale post in the classified section, know that I have a good reason to sell my Superleggera. I can always build another one, but there will only be one Creekside Church. ✌️

Being a man of faith and a trustee at my church, I cannot speak to how they handled the finances and business of the church, whether it was good/bad. I have seen both for small and large churches. Yes, it can be a challenge, especially in this climate.

Only you can be led to do what you want to do. Just study and seek His Word to have the right discernment for the decision being made and not out of emotions.

We live in seasons and constant changes. Will continue to pray for your church and however He leads it for the future.

Leave you with this. God has called us to serve. I do it on the streets and in prisons without my church, just me, for over ten years. You do not need a building. We are the Body and the church. It is within us. His ministry will continue with or without a building as long as He is within us.

🙏

Being a man of faith and a trustee at my church, I cannot speak to how they handled the finances and business of the church, whether it was good/bad. I have seen both for small and large churches. Yes, it can be a challenge, especially in this climate.

Only you can be led to do what you want to do. Just study and seek His Word to have the right discernment for the decision being made and not out of emotions.

We live in seasons and constant changes. Will continue to pray for your church and however He leads it for the future.

Leave you with this. God has called us to serve. I do it on the streets and in prisons without my church, just me, for over ten years. You do not need a building. We are the Body and the church. It is within us. His ministry will continue with or without a building as long as He is within us.

🙏
The church itself is pretty old building, and we’ve had to do a lot of repairs this year. We now have it pretty solid, and it should be fine for years to come. Being such a small congregation, and not being affiliated with a specific denomination, not a lot comes in. The pastor foots the bill for a lot of the expenses.

I know I don’t need a church to be a Christian, but these people are like my family, and we all support each other, and help each other in times of need. Our pastor is incredible, and he teaches directly from the Bible. It really is a high point of my week.
I really do feel called to do this. I’ve been really bad about spending money on this hobby since my wife passed away, and I think this is his way of making me throttle back and look at the big picture.

Your prayers are much appreciated, and regardless of how things go, his will be done.

This is a polarizing subject, and I know there are people who are very passionate on both sides, but please don’t turn this thread into a debate, or post negative comments.

I’m going to put this out there, and I hope that this doesn’t anger anyone, or break any rules. I found out this morning, that if my Church doesn’t come up with $4000 in the next few months, it will have to permanently close its doors. It’s a very small, but growing church, that my wife and I attended for the last 4 years. It’s where my daughter was married, and where my Wife’s memorial service was held. It means a lot to me. It’s just a small church in Culloden WV called Creekside Church.

I’m not asking any of you for money, I’m actually going to sell some of my rigs to try to contribute to the church, and try to keep it going. The biggest and most painful is my Kraton Superleggera. It’s one of my favorites, and it’s going to hurt, but it’s more important to me to keep my church open. I’ll also be selling my Tamiya BBX kit (sealed, unopened box), my fully built RaptorR and my USA-1 VE. I want to see how that goes and decide on more later.

There’s currently only about 30 people in our congregation, and many of them don’t have a lot to give, so I plan to put as big a dent in it as I can. So when you see the for sale post in the classified section, know that I have a good reason to sell my Superleggera. I can always build another one, but there will only be one Creekside Church. ✌️
Hope things come around for the church. Lot of hard times in the world right now for a lot of people. Hope that for any one dealing with them they come to an end sooner then latter. Hope the church stays open. There is very little worth more then some were some thing with sentimental value in my opinion. Because it's something that can't be payed for. So I would probably do something similar in your situation. Good luck out there every one.

My church isn’t like that. We judge no-one.
Good for that. Good luck and God bless. 🙏. Neither do I. I will start a go fund me page for Steve. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back