I get to buy one rig this year…..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been eyeing one of these lately. Not many 2WD Trophy trucks out there. It looks like a very different driving experience.
1707345408058.png

@King blitz that was sweet! Water was a mirror too.

I’m looking at boats I need one for my summer place. I’ve been loooing at the 42” blackjack by pro boats.
Black jack is sweet ..I had one .sold it because I have tons of catamaran s.and I wanted more v hulls .which for me the v hulls rule .I've had pretty much every style of boats and I will always turn to a V hull.. nothing cuts through water better ,and turns sharper.Ive been into boats way before I ever even got into land RCs.for beginners I recommend getting a self righting boat..inside the hull it has a chamber that fills up with water and then flips it back over .or you can get a rescue boat.or a canoe or row boat ,or raft..I've gotten boats out with a simple salt water fishing rod..all my boats have pool noodles inside and you must tape down the hatch with water proof tape..that's a step you don't to miss.just like we all collect different pinion and spur gear sizes for our cars and trucks .in boats its all about the props . different sizes , different pitches they all have a purpose for the type of boat you use..some boats have a flex shaft and other's have a solid shaft to a stinger..you can get fiberglass hull which is what I recommend or you can buy a cheaper hull from composite.i don't recommend any one using Rc boats in salt water ..if you do there is a vigorous maintenance that you'll need to do before and after ..salt ruins everything.also on a very important note ..I still love use my copper burilium props .and if anyone chooses to use them plz wear proper gloves and a mask.when you sharpen the blades and when you balance the prop..if you wet sand the blades its alot safer than dry sanding.aluminum props suk ass..copper or brass..I don't use any steel props but some do.

IMG_20210721_014719812.jpg

Black jack is sweet ..I had one .sold it because I have tons of catamaran s.and I wanted more v hulls .which for me the v hulls rule .I've had pretty much every style of boats and I will always turn to a V hull.. nothing cuts through water better ,and turns sharper.Ive been into boats way before I ever even got into land RCs.for beginners I recommend getting a self righting boat..inside the hull it has a chamber that fills up with water and then flips it back over .or you can get a rescue boat.or a canoe or row boat ,or raft..I've gotten boats out with a simple salt water fishing rod..all my boats have pool noodles inside and you must tape down the hatch with water proof tape..that's a step you don't to miss.just like we all collect different pinion and spur gear sizes for our cars and trucks .in boats its all about the props . different sizes , different pitches they all have a purpose for the type of boat you use..some boats have a flex shaft and other's have a solid shaft to a stinger..you can get fiberglass hull which is what I recommend or you can buy a cheaper hull from composite.i don't recommend any one using Rc boats in salt water ..if you do there is a vigorous maintenance that you'll need to do before and after ..salt ruins everything.also on a very important note ..I still love use my copper burilium props .and if anyone chooses to use them plz wear proper gloves and a mask.when you sharpen the blades and when you balance the prop..if you wet sand the blades its alot safer than dry sanding.aluminum props suk ass..copper or brass..I don't use any steel props but some do.

View attachment 347272
I’ve had RC boats in the past (I grew up on a lake in Michigan) I live in Phoenix now but spend June and July in Michigan each summer. We had a stealthwake until last year (got damaged beyond repair) so I’m looking for something bigger like the sonicwake or the blackjack. Our lakes is wavy during the day we’re right on a point. Picture below
IMG_8691.png

I’ve had RC boats in the past (I grew up on a lake in Michigan) I live in Phoenix now but spend June and July in Michigan each summer. We had a stealthwake until last year (got damaged beyond repair) so I’m looking for something bigger like the sonicwake or the blackjack. Our lakes is wavy during the day we’re right on a point. Picture below View attachment 347274
From the looks of the water it seems to choppy for a catamaran vessel.a v hulls mono would be a good choice due to its slim front it cuts through chop .a catamaran will be bouncy .if you were to take the catamaran and use it like in a lake or pond where the water is calm then it would be premium . Also catamaran boats don't turn on a dime like a v hull can .each one has its perks and it's lows

So fellas…. Typical question. I’ve got everything I could almost want. I’ve got Talion EXB. three typhons. fire team, a DBXL-E, an infraction and a felony and a vendetta. 2 Groms, etc. etc. etc.

I love speed. I love bashing. What I don’t have? Is a Motorcycle from Losi. Logical choice. Or do I wait for something else on this very forum? I don’t wanna break the bank or I’d have 3 @Rcproponent rigs right now. Just looking for some ideas. Something maybe I haven’t thought of?
Get the ProMoto you'll love it!

From the looks of the water it seems to choppy for a catamaran vessel.a v hulls mono would be a good choice due to its slim front it cuts through chop .a catamaran will be bouncy .if you were to take the catamaran and use it like in a lake or pond where the water is calm then it would be premium . Also catamaran boats don't turn on a dime like a v hull can .each one has its perks and it's lows
I’ve been looking at boats for the last 30 minutes. I have the impulse 32” in my shopping cart.

I’ve been looking at boats for the last 30 minutes. I have the impulse 32” in my shopping cart.
Impulse is nice .😁👍
What about the V2 36" sonicwake🤔
What about building your own 🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240207-225003.png
    Screenshot_20240207-225003.png
    903.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20240207-225019.png
    Screenshot_20240207-225019.png
    544.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Impulse is nice .😁👍
What about the V2 36" sonicwake🤔
What about building your own 🤔
Building my own would be the most ideal. But given the amount of times/time I’ll drive it plus my 11 year old will definitely be driving it so I’m not looking to drop to much 💰💸💶 I’m thinking $500-$600 max. Unless you’d like to sell me one of yours? You know building a new one is half the fun of the hobby!!! Hell I’m getting ready to build my dream rig and I’m still looking at new ones!! It’s a sickness!!!
9569A73A-9EE6-4CFC-9750-738AEF61ECDF.jpeg
474377BE-0BF9-42A2-86DB-A6B2CE046BB1.png
27A9B27D-BDA4-4844-A991-7AC968612ED7.png
72E21B8D-C16A-4C0C-A485-67EF0C41BB81.png

Building my own would be the most ideal. But given the amount of times/time I’ll drive it plus my 11 year old will definitely be driving it so I’m not looking to drop to much 💰💸💶 I’m thinking $500-$600 max. Unless you’d like to sell me one of yours? You know building a new one is half the fun of the hobby!!! Hell I’m getting ready to build my dream rig and I’m still looking at new ones!! It’s a sickness!!!View attachment 347321View attachment 347322View attachment 347323View attachment 347324
Damn that's gonna be a sweet build 😁👍 can't wait to see what it looks like when finished.id definitely sell you one of mine but your to late.i sold 3 this past summer .I had way to many .now I'm happy with what I have and I selected to keep a few I just can't give up.ill pm you with a model that I think will work great for you and your son..it won't break the bank ..😁👍
boats just don't interest me in the slightest
Have you driven one yet?

Damn that's gonna be a sweet build 😁👍 can't wait to see what it looks like when finished.id definitely sell you one of mine but your to late.i sold 3 this past summer .I had way to many .now I'm happy with what I have and I selected to keep a few I just can't give up.ill pm you with a model that I think will work great for you and your son..it won't break the bank ..😁👍

Have you driven one yet?
to be honest no :) only seem to be interested in cars though

@King blitz I did look at the Sonic Wake 36” and the Impulse. They are both so sweet. Went down the rabbit hole and there’s some fast and expensive stuff! The Sonic Wake would be my first choice since it’s self righting. But the wife now has me looking at a friggin Big Rock. She thinks since I can get one for 589….its big (and she really did say that!😂) upgradable, year round use, and thinks I’d get bored with the Promoto. It’s a nice rig….This addiction is no joke.

Back