I want to go Castle/MAX but..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hutton93

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Typhon TLR
Hello, I have a v2 infraction and want to go 8s. 80% bashing and the odd speed run *I'd like to see over 100mph* but my question is, I have 6 EC5 battery's, of which are all EC5. Is that okay or do I need to go QS5 (or what ever it is)
Looking at Castle/MAX set up

Cheers

Hello, I have a v2 infraction and want to go 8s. 80% bashing and the odd speed run *I'd like to see over 100mph* but my question is, I have 6 EC5 battery's, of which are all EC5. Is that okay or do I need to go QS5 (or what ever it is)
Looking at Castle/MAX set up

Cheers
Yeah 4mm bullets are not gunna cut it. 6.5 and up for 8s.

Speed runs and bashing simply don't mix. You will do 1 or 2 runs until you realize that bashing and speedruns don't mix. Get a dedicated rig for either and save yourself a lot of headaches.
You might barely make it with stock motor on 8S up to 100mph, but you would need an 8S ESC.
Find a road first and learn to control your throttle finger, that is typically the biggest hurdle.

Stay 6S for bashing.

There is doing a speed run and there is Speed Running…

I bash, so for me a speed run is “hey, that’s a long open stretch, let’s open’er up and see what she can do!”

Speed Running is an entire art form… if you don’t have a tackle box full of pinions and a giant Tupperware box full of perfectly balanced foam tires then you are just doing a speed run.

Long story short, for bashing and the odd “speed run” EC5 is fine.

There is doing a speed run and there is Speed Running…

I bash, so for me a speed run is “hey, that’s a long open stretch, let’s open’er up and see what she can do!”

Speed Running is an entire art form… if you don’t have a tackle box full of pinions and a giant Tupperware box full of perfectly balanced foam tires then you are just doing a speed run.

Long story short, for bashing and the odd “speed run” EC5 is fine.
Yeh man that's me, bash bash bash then 1 or 2 big passed in a HUGE car park, thats really it. That's why i want MAX for 8s odd power run, change pinion and back 6s pack for bashing

You have the info....test and try. Only you can find the right medium. Keep us posted on how it goes.... (y)

Last edited:
Between Castle and Max5 I'd pick a cheap Firma160 any day. It's a 100% drop in solution, which is nice.

Everyone needs to find what works for them.

The nice thing is that we have choices. I go with castle because I had a couple of fantastic customer service experiences with them. It might be more expensive and unnecessary for what I do, but it works for me.

Between Castle and Max5 I'd pick a cheap Firma160 any day. It's a 100% drop in solution, which is nice.
I just ordered a max5 for an Infraction build that I'm putting together, hoping that it will be here this week 🤞 Will I need to get creative/inventive for installation? I don't mind having to drill new holes in the chassis, just wondering if you had some more experience maybe you could help?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back