I want to go Castle/MAX but..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hutton93

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Typhon TLR
Hello, I have a v2 infraction and want to go 8s. 80% bashing and the odd speed run *I'd like to see over 100mph* but my question is, I have 6 EC5 battery's, of which are all EC5. Is that okay or do I need to go QS5 (or what ever it is)
Looking at Castle/MAX set up

Cheers

Hello, I have a v2 infraction and want to go 8s. 80% bashing and the odd speed run *I'd like to see over 100mph* but my question is, I have 6 EC5 battery's, of which are all EC5. Is that okay or do I need to go QS5 (or what ever it is)
Looking at Castle/MAX set up

Cheers
Yeah 4mm bullets are not gunna cut it. 6.5 and up for 8s.

Speed runs and bashing simply don't mix. You will do 1 or 2 runs until you realize that bashing and speedruns don't mix. Get a dedicated rig for either and save yourself a lot of headaches.
You might barely make it with stock motor on 8S up to 100mph, but you would need an 8S ESC.
Find a road first and learn to control your throttle finger, that is typically the biggest hurdle.

Stay 6S for bashing.

There is doing a speed run and there is Speed Running…

I bash, so for me a speed run is “hey, that’s a long open stretch, let’s open’er up and see what she can do!”

Speed Running is an entire art form… if you don’t have a tackle box full of pinions and a giant Tupperware box full of perfectly balanced foam tires then you are just doing a speed run.

Long story short, for bashing and the odd “speed run” EC5 is fine.

There is doing a speed run and there is Speed Running…

I bash, so for me a speed run is “hey, that’s a long open stretch, let’s open’er up and see what she can do!”

Speed Running is an entire art form… if you don’t have a tackle box full of pinions and a giant Tupperware box full of perfectly balanced foam tires then you are just doing a speed run.

Long story short, for bashing and the odd “speed run” EC5 is fine.
Yeh man that's me, bash bash bash then 1 or 2 big passed in a HUGE car park, thats really it. That's why i want MAX for 8s odd power run, change pinion and back 6s pack for bashing

Between Castle and Max5 I'd pick a cheap Firma160 any day. It's a 100% drop in solution, which is nice.

Everyone needs to find what works for them.

The nice thing is that we have choices. I go with castle because I had a couple of fantastic customer service experiences with them. It might be more expensive and unnecessary for what I do, but it works for me.

Between Castle and Max5 I'd pick a cheap Firma160 any day. It's a 100% drop in solution, which is nice.
I just ordered a max5 for an Infraction build that I'm putting together, hoping that it will be here this week 🤞 Will I need to get creative/inventive for installation? I don't mind having to drill new holes in the chassis, just wondering if you had some more experience maybe you could help?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back