Kraton Ic5 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmain

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a Kraton 6s v5 and I’m wanting to go to a single plug instead of having the two plugs with a jumper in there since I have 6s lipo batteries. My question is does the smart wire that is on the plug I’m getting rid of just go to the negative wire? I’m leaving the plug that would go to the positive side of the esc. I’m assuming it does but don’t want to risk messing it up. I don’t use spectrum smart batteries but figured I’d try to hook it up in case I do some day. Thanks!

Good question. I have a dead 160a firma I'll pull apart to see haha. Be right back
Good question. I have a dead 160a firma I'll pull apart to see haha. Be right back
Well... got it down as nekid as I could without my hammer. The smart wire is separate all the way down to the esc potting at the positive and negative leads. If no one drops a definitive answer... I'm busting out the hammer for some scientific discovery smacks tomorrow

Last edited:

Well... got it down as nekid as I could without my hammer. The smart wire is separate all the way down to the esc potting at the positive and negative leads. If no one drops a definitive answer... I'm busting out the hammer for some scientific discovery smacks tomorrow thanks I appreciate it!!!

Well... got it down as nekid as I could without my hammer. The smart wire is separate all the way down to the esc potting at the positive and negative leads. If no one drops a definitive answer... I'm busting out the hammer for some scientific discovery smacks tomorrow thank you! I really appreciate your help and willingness to get down to the bottom of it!!

Well... got it down as nekid as I could without my hammer. The smart wire is separate all the way down to the esc potting at the positive and negative leads. If no one drops a definitive answer... I'm busting out the hammer for some scientific discovery smacks tomorrow
Hahaha thank you I appreciate it!
Wow I really messed up trying to reply…. 😂

It’s fine the way it is I just don’t like the extra clutter of wire under there. Since I’m never going to run two batteries I don’t see a point in having all the extra wire. I guess I just like a clean look lol

Leave it disconnected. If you check your loop connector with a multimeter, you'll find the centre pin is disconnected, so you should aim for the same as that.

I don't know the details of the smart batteries, but if it's the same as how the receiver talks to the ESC, then it's designed to have multiple devices on a single data wire, and if it uses a common data wire for the two batteries then connecting it low or high will stop the other one from working.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back