Infraction 8S Motor/ESC Suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCaDDict666

Non-Recovering RC Addict
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Typhon TLR
So I’m torn on what setup to put in my Infraction GT-ЯR build. I really like to street bash it but I want a 100+mph car that I can smash around for a few minutes at a time without worrying too much about heat. Money is not an object here. Everyone I’ve talked to locally has told me that the HW Max5 G2 1100kv combo is the way to go. I’ve also looked at Castle 1721 or even the 2028 with XLX2 but I’m not entirely sure. Any recommendations would be really appreciated. I’m not trying to go 200mph. But I want triple digits easily whenever I feel like going that fast. Thanks in advance!

B058F9D3-0FE4-40D7-9C7E-D9C38A39F4C0.jpeg

Xlx2 and a 2028 would give you all the speed you could want. I just wanted to break 💯 too.
It's super addictive. Hobbywing would be better for a street basher I think, as it will protect itself. Xlx2 will gladly burn 🔥 itself up giving you all the amps you want. Im completely in love with xlx2 BTW.

But cant the XLX2 do the same thing as far as protect itself? I don’t plan on pulling ridiculous amps but I also don’t want heat to become a problem.
Xlx2 and a 2028 would give you all the speed you could want. I just wanted to break 💯 too.
It's super addictive. Hobbywing would be better for a street basher I think, as it will protect itself. Xlx2 will gladly burn 🔥 itself up giving you all the amps you want. Im completely in love with xlx2 BTW.

street bash it but I want a 100+mph car that I can smash around for a few minutes at a time without worrying too much about heat
That's a very tall order and may not be possible. But hey why not try.

You'll have to keep fitment in mind. Max5 and XLX2 don't fit in the stock ESC location. 2028, 1721, and the new HW 1100kv don't fit in the stock motor location.

Have you considered 12S? It'd be hell on your drivetrain but it would help control heat at 100mph bashing.

You could buy:
Max5 G2
TP5650 rated for 12S (maybe 820kv or 960kv)
Center brace ESC mount (between the batteries)
PPS motor mount
Two 6S batteries
QS8 connectors

this is easily doable! ask me how I know! 🤣

Both my limitless v1 and v2 can do what op wants and they both use big ass motors to do it. Easiest way to go about this would be to reverse motor mount on infraction and stick in an xlx2 1100kv combo My limitless v2 has that and is geared for 100 mph on 8s and I can bash like that as long as I want.

Limitless v1 has xlx2 and TP 5860 1150kv. It's the same size as the castle 20280 and I can bash with it geared for 100 mph no problem.

The max 5 g2 1100kv combo could possibly be a cheaper alternative for this and I'd assume it could also handle it. If you ever think you might be interested in speed runs someday I'd go with the xlx2 though.

This is literally one of the main reasons I use big overpowered motors in my rigs.

Man! You are spot on with what my goal is with mine. I wanna do the exact same thing so I think throwing the 2028/XLX2 is the way to go. I like the look of the HW Max 5 G2 but it seems like Castle did it right with this setup. What motor Mount are you using to reverse mount the motor?

Man! You are spot on with what my goal is with mine. I wanna do the exact same thing so I think throwing the 2028/XLX2 is the way to go. I like the look of the HW Max 5 G2 but it seems like Castle did it right with this setup. What motor Mount are you using to reverse mount the motor?
pps motor mount is the way to go! it makes setting mesh super easy and it works with big block motors like the castle 2028.

PPS is currently not taking anymore orders so on hold I go until I can find an alternative. Would the Scorch RC mount work as well? I guess you really could just flip any Mount the other way and it should work in theory right?

PPS is currently not taking anymore orders so on hold I go until I can find an alternative. Would the Scorch RC mount work as well? I guess you really could just flip any Mount the other way and it should work in theory right?
I believe the scorched mount should work. As long as it supports big block motors any mount should flip and be useable no problem.

Would the V2 limitless mount work?
Yep! I'm using that mount in a felony with a big block but you need the optional 56 series motor plate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back