Infraction Infraction slow build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this blasphemy? To cut or not to cut, that is the question
This was my rationale? Just don’t want a kite

If your plans are to go over 90 mph then I recommend the cut.
Isn't the body quite flexible? You may need to plan on some reinforcement also.

If your plans are to go over 90 mph then I recommend the cut.
Isn't the body quite flexible? You may need to plan on some reinforcement also.
Surprisingly it’s pretty rigid for a protoform body but I agree on the reinforcement. My initial thought on this car was just a parking lot brasher but I think I’ve blown right past that idea 🤪

I say make the cut, I think your logic is sound. Better to open the bumper now, than ruining the body by flipping it later.

I say make the cut, I think your logic is sound. Better to open the bumper now, than ruining the body by flipping it later.
Well... there’s no going back now 😂
C13CB0B6-8611-490D-9341-A073F8AE9131.jpeg
FD06EC42-6C4F-42E8-B945-3314199844C0.jpeg

I know I can’t run these felony rear tires but they sure do look good
2BB1520B-90AF-48EB-8122-492279198264.jpeg

Nice! get some color on there, and I think you will be pleased. (y)
Gotta get the rear wing sorted out. I’m not going to use the proform wing. Not sure what options I have with the limitless rear mounts, they look like they won’t be tall enough

I am trying to think of how you would do something similar to cutting silicone tubing and wrapping it around the edge of the body to make it sort-of stick to the wing, to make the rear part of the body more secure.

Maybe a bead of adhesive or something....
This is the rear with the center mounts in place, I need to make about a 1/8” slot for the body to seat
07B8C583-2F1A-4A2F-B8E2-BB20DA400C12.jpeg

I just wanted to ask for anyone watching my build., if I wanted to push the rear tires out to the profile of the felony rears can I do this by using the Kraton rear axle carriers and the Kraton stub shafts. I looked at a video on here that said it’s possible just curious if anyone has any first hand experience. Thanks✌️

That shrink tube will end up shrinking soon enough 🤘🏻🤣
I just wanted to ask for anyone watching my build., if I wanted to push the rear tires out to the profile of the felony rears can I do this by using the Kraton rear axle carriers and the Kraton stub shafts. I looked at a video on here that said it’s possible just curious if anyone has any first hand experience. Thanks✌️
Yes other have done the same. Just know that you are adding to the rear toe when making it wider. It’s a small amount, but may make a big difference at higher speeds.

That shrink tube will end up shrinking soon enough 🤘🏻🤣

Yes other have done the same. Just know that you are adding to the rear toe when making it wider. It’s a small amount, but may make a big difference at higher speeds.
How small is a small amount, curious if it’s worth it or not. That c8 body has a fat butt. Good point on that shrink tubing I was thinking the same thing🤣

How small is a small amount, curious if it’s worth it or not. That c8 body has a fat butt. Good point on that shrink tubing I was thinking the same thing🤣
I honestly haven’t tried it. I have tried to run zero rear toe and didn’t have much luck with it. It was a big difference. I’m assuming going with even more positive rear toe would also affect straight line speed, but I can’t tell you for certain without trying it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back