Infraction V2 hand brake servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpadedJuggla

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Just bought a V2 Infraction and the hand brake servo gears or the servo arm has stripped already and I am wondering if there are viable replacements to both parts that are metal so this does not happen again.

Welcome! You can get a warranty replacement from Horizon but the handbrake servo really needs to have its travel limits adjusted. It’s pretty easy to do on my DX5 although I’m not sure if it’s possible to on the stock DX3 radio.

Welcome! You can get a warranty replacement from Horizon but the handbrake servo really needs to have its travel limits adjusted. It’s pretty easy to do on my DX5 although I’m not sure if it’s possible to on the stock DX3 radio.
Bought it at a local hobby store and i am sure they will help with that but I am looking for an upgraded one to prevent it from happening again preferably to metal gears as well as a metal arm that attaches to the servo itself. That is if they actually exist lol.

This happens.
Replace with the OE. (S650) There are optional servo horns for 23,24 and25 Spline arms. These arms are proprietary in unique length. Probably hard to find aside from Arrma. Only included with the HB module replacement. Unless they were boxed with your V2 Infr. already. IDK. The S650 Spektrum servo is 23 spline standard size servo FWIW.
Or just get rid of the whole HB setup. I always felt it was a novelty that offers no real function. Not a durable design. ust makes the chassis bloated. You can only activate HB when trigger is neutral or you will cause damage to it. Kind of hard to use effectively where the 3rd channel button is located.
Just me.

Maybe this will work much better for you. Inlcudes the alloy clamping arm. Not sure what spline it is though. Might be a 23 spline for Spektrum servos only. IDK.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114510242247

Bought it at a local hobby store and i am sure they will help with that but I am looking for an upgraded one to prevent it from happening again preferably to metal gears as well as a metal arm that attaches to the servo itself. That is if they actually exist lol.

At most I would go up to an S651 or similar lower powered servo. Definitely adjust the end points, it's easy as pie with the DX3. You won't find any arm better than what's already on there imo

S650 has metal gears. Poor endpoint setting out the box ruined that arm/spline and stripped it out. IMHO. The adjustment arm at the module also needs some adjusting too.
Did you see my earlier post about the alloy upgrade HB module.?
But I would just remove it altogether. Its not all that, to have or use.
My V1 Infraction is fine without the novelty of a HB.
What is the purpose of it in reality? Save money for other upgrades. Your call.
It crapped out and will do it again. Especially if you are not using it per the manual. And the manual tells you to use it in a way that is not really practical. HB only when trigger is in neutral or you risk damage. Kind of awkward using the Tx like this, if you ask me. What's wrong using just the ESC brake?
Just me.:)

S650 has metal gears. Poor endpoint setting out the box ruined that arm/spline and stripped it out. IMHO. The adjustment arm at the module also needs some adjusting too.
It crapped out and will do it again. Especially if you are not using it per the manual. And the manual tells you to use it in a way that is not really practical. HB only when trigger is in neutral or you risk damage. Kind of awkward using the Tx like this, if you ask me. What's wrong using just the ESC brake?
I pulled it apart earlier and it all looked plastic to me. The servo had white gears and looked plastic and the arm is def plastic. I'm all for other upgrades but I do want to change the red bits out like the hubs and mounts to blue ones but have yet to find a site or place that sells them. Tomorrow I will get pictures of the servo and post it here to show that on mine at least it is plastic gearing.

I pulled it apart earlier and it all looked plastic to me. The servo had white gears and looked plastic and the arm is def plastic. I'm all for other upgrades but I do want to change the red bits out like the hubs and mounts to blue ones but have yet to find a site or place that sells them. Tomorrow I will get pictures of the servo and post it here to show that on mine at least it is plastic gearing.

Correct, S650 runs nylon gears. S651 has brass gears and S652 has steel gears

so my question is are either of those plug and play for the hb?

Both are. Both are 23T and will slap right in.

This is the video for setting up the end points on the servo. Infraction comes set as 3 position (B activates the brake and A pulls the brake further away) for some stupid reason. I would just set it up in 2 position in my opinion.

Both are. Both are 23T and will slap right in.

This is the video for setting up the end points on the servo. Infraction comes set as 3 position (B activates the brake and A pulls the brake further away) for some stupid reason. I would just set it up in 2 position in my opinion.
oh excellent! Thank you good sir. I can now get a replacement servo ordered and really get it set up so i don't have to replace such a minuscule part again lmao :ROFLMAO:

At most I would go up to an S651 or similar lower powered servo. Definitely adjust the end points, it's easy as pie with the DX3. You won't find any arm better than what's already on there imo
Hi, how do I adjust the end points, I get how to do in on the transmitter but idk like how much travel I should give it, like what pointers should I follow so it still grips tight but not strip the servo. Thanks:)

Hi, how do I adjust the end points, I get how to do in on the transmitter but idk like how much travel I should give it, like what pointers should I follow so it still grips tight but not strip the servo. Thanks:)

Yikes this is a late reply. I got rid of my Infraction, but I set it so that the "released" end point was such that is was just barely not rubbing the rotor so that it would actuate as quickly as possible. I then set the "gripped" end point such that I was one or two clicks backed off from when the servo begins to whine. You can set to grab harder, but you may end up replacing the servo at some point, though they aren't too pricey. If you are setting it up for light speed running, as some people have used it for, then you want the brake farther away when released to ensure there is no interference at high speeds. The gripped point should then just be a light amount of drag to slow the vehicle, you don't want it locking up like when used for bashing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back