Is PPS still alive?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right on track. You want PPS, 6-8wks, plan accordingly. Can't wait, better off giving someone else your business.
IMG_1184.jpg

James McCoy just posted this

Not really impressed with that to be honest. The adjuster seems like it was an afterthought but that's just me.

Not really impressed with that to be honest. The adjuster seems like it was an afterthought but that's just me.
I agree. I ordered a pps mount because I heard that they were behind, got it delivered sometime this summer/fall? Didn't really NEED it, just wanted to check if they were really behind!😅

I need a dual motor mount. Anyone got one to sell. Lol

U can’t even order one off his site.

It blows me away how much the PPS mount has been copied and re-sold, but Powerhobby now is blatantly copying the mount.
Unless PPS is being paid a royalty on this, which would be great, but I find that unlikely...

This is a literal copy

1709065932224.png

Jerk Young Sheldon GIF by CBS

Last edited:
It blows me away how much the PPS mount has been copied and re-sold, but Powerhobby now is blatantly copying the mount.
Unless PPS is being paid a royalty on this, which would be great, but I find that unlikely...

This is a literal copy

View attachment 351223

Damn...they even put the same tools and extra bits in as well. That's a shame and should be illegal in the states UNLESS he sold them the rights to his design which I would doubt very seriously. They can get away with this in China since they don't have to obey US patent law but for a US company to do that is totally foul.

Damn...they even put the same tools and extra bits in as well. That's a shame and should be illegal in the states UNLESS he sold them the rights to his design which I would doubt very seriously. They can get away with this in China since they don't have to obey US patent law but for a US company to do that is totally foul.
Unless Bob never patented it, in which case it’s fair game. Ironman RC took his design but then reengineered it to incorporate a side loading spool. I wish Bob would do this, because his machining is better. But it sure is nice being able to change the spur without removing the top brace or even the top of the motor mount. Makes servicing the shafts a lot easier as well, of course.

Unless Bob never patented it, in which case it’s fair game. Ironman RC took his design but then reengineered it to incorporate a side loading spool. I wish Bob would do this, because his machining is better. But it sure is nice being able to change the spur without removing the top brace or even the top of the motor mount. Makes servicing the shafts a lot easier as well, of course.

The side loading spool design was Bob's first also. He did that on the Hobao VTE2 mount. He just never added that design to the Arrma mount.

Power Hobby is a US company? I thought they were Chinese and just had a US sales division like how Hobbywing operates.

The side loading spool design was Bob's first also. He did that on the Hobao VTE2 mount. He just never added that design to the Arrma mount.
I had no idea! Why the heck didn’t he do it for the Arrma mounts? It’s a fantastic idea.

Back