IT'S OFFICIAL,šŸŒ·šŸ” SPRING IS HERE.šŸ‘What are you doing today?šŸ˜

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks great! How did you use the liquid mask, brush or spray? Iā€™m thinking of trying it on my next body. I have some, but no sprayer.
I used a cheapo foam 1" brush. 3 coats. The first coat was thin. 30 min dry. Then the 2nd went down pretty good. 3rd was just enough, got the thickness. I taped off the entire bottom. Liquid masked inside & both inner & outer plates. Dried a week. Sprayed the bottom. Trimmed/peeled the outer, sprayed them, more tape & peeling, sprayed inner. Sounds tedious but wasn't too bad.

I used a cheapo foam 1" brush. 3 coats. The first coat was thin. 30 min dry. Then the 2nd went down pretty good. 3rd was just enough, got the thickness. I taped off the entire bottom. Liquid masked inside & both inner & outer plates. Dried a week. Sprayed the bottom. Trimmed/peeled the outer, sprayed them, more tape & peeling, sprayed inner. Sounds tedious but wasn't too bad.
When it comes to paint work ,it's never tedious.following through the necessary steps are a must ..well that's if yo want a good finished product.looks great and looks like you did all the right stepsšŸ˜šŸ‘ thank you for posting

I guess Iā€™m going to take the plunge. @Diem Turner will probably stab me if I donā€™t use it on the next body, heā€™s been trying to talk me into it for awhile now, as have others. I just have a history of stubbornly continuing to embrace whatever methods Iā€™m familiar with, even if they arenā€™t preferable.

When it comes to paint work ,it's never tedious.following through the necessary steps are a must ..well that's if yo want a good finished product.looks great and looks like you did all the right stepsšŸ˜šŸ‘ thank you for posting
Heck yeah man! Thanks!

I guess Iā€™m going to take the plunge. @Diem Turner will probably stab me if I donā€™t use it on the next body, heā€™s been trying to talk me into it for awhile now, as have others. I just have a history of stubbornly continuing to embrace whatever methods Iā€™m familiar with, even if they arenā€™t preferable.
I figured I would give it a try on just a wing. See if I can make it work, then I'll mask a shell & try the sharpie on the outside layer cover & trim the mask on the inside & see what happens. šŸ¤™

Last edited:
I'm just like you,šŸ‘ I'm set on my ways and stick to what works for me for years..when I paint Rc body's I use the same methods and steps that I did for years when I was a automotive painter / body man.i my self have never used liquid mask šŸ¤· I've always just did the typical masking jobs .and I allways used very fine tape .no bleed throughs and no rips when peeling off and no hard lines so those are the three things that go wrong when people mask off with tape .after so many years of doing it I have a few tricks up my sleeve that gives me pretty damn good results...but someday I'd like to try this liquid mask and just see if it's better than what I'm used to ...what I'd like to see is if it's less time consuming..if I can save time and get same or better results then I'm all in

I was in the mood to draw .āœļøšŸ¤” Something fastšŸ›£ļøšŸŽļø something .well here it is .šŸ¤·

IMG_20240414_214918735.jpg

šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤« TOP SECRET COMING TO A ARRMA FORUM NEAR YOUšŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤«soonšŸ¤«

I'll show when finished šŸ˜šŸ‘

When the outline is completed I'll go over it all in black ink then finish it with a color šŸ¤” not sure yet šŸ¤·. Ok I lei. ..I know what color and you'll find out when it's done šŸ˜šŸ‘

Last edited:
Yesterday was beautiful out .took the day off and did some yard work
Then in the afternoon I took out the kraton .did some runs with it šŸ˜šŸ‘ new wheels grip sweet on grass .took out front of my house and did some slides and yup won't do that again..wears tires down .no bueno
Not meant for street ..but I couldn't resist šŸ¤£

IMG_20240415_185126908.jpg

IMG_20240415_185436055.jpg

I was in the mood to draw .āœļøšŸ¤” Something fastšŸ›£ļøšŸŽļø something .well here it is .šŸ¤·

View attachment 361025

šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤« TOP SECRET COMING TO A ARRMA FORUM NEAR YOUšŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤«šŸ¤«soonšŸ¤«

I'll show when finished šŸ˜šŸ‘

When the outline is completed I'll go over it all in black ink then finish it with a color šŸ¤” not sure yet šŸ¤·. Ok I lei. ..I know what color and you'll find out when it's done šŸ˜šŸ‘
Youā€™re quite the artiste! And we all know itā€™s going to be redā€¦šŸ˜‚

I just bought them all cause they are quickly out of stock ā€¦.

I only wanted one set for Felonaction !

Iā€™ll post the remaining 19 sets in classifieds for $155.00 per set šŸ˜
Yeah I'm not fancy enough to own them .don't know what they go for and I'm sure your price is better but that's still out of my reach ...I enjoy china aluminum šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Up @ 3:40... already working!!!
There you .go a working man ...it's what we do to provide for the millions on welfare .šŸ˜šŸ‘

No work, retired. šŸ˜ . Gonna be another nice day. Might run an RC today. šŸ’„
Oh I see ...well I'm sure you put your working hours inšŸ‘ well enjoy your lively dayšŸ˜

Yeah I'm not fancy enough to own them .don't know what they go for and I'm sure your price is better but that's still out of my reach ...I enjoy china aluminum šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

There you .go a working man ...it's what we do to provide for the millions on welfare .šŸ˜šŸ‘

Oh I see ...well I'm sure you put your working hours inšŸ‘ well enjoy your lively dayšŸ˜

Gotta be workin. Water pump on Ford 3.5. Gotta do chains and all while ya in there.

To nice out to be in doors workin on a ford! šŸ¤£ jk jk to the ford folks.

20240417_095619.jpg

Back