Mojave JConcepts Mojave Tire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve B in Vegas

+11mm Kyosho Hubs on the Mojave.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
  2. Senton 3s
These are gonna be fun!

JC.jpg

For specs, here is the link to the UDR wheels, and they should be very close to those. Same tire, just slightly different wheel: https://jconcepts.net/landmines-pre-mounted-for-traxxas-udr.html

Finally had a chance to run them today on freshly mowed, short wet grass and they were awesome. Very fast and nimble, far superior to the Proline Hyrax tire and much more precise in the corners than the OEM pins. There is also noticeably less traction-roll on grass with these tires when compared to the OEM pins. I did not notice any real ballooning of the tires. I do think the rubber might be too soft on asphalt / concrete. They are actually a bit sticky like a buggy race tire. Right away this feels like a tire from a company who makes RC racing parts. They have that kind of race-feel to them.

I did a few laps with the Go Pro mounted, and I'll post those videos on my You Tube and IG feel tomorrow or this weekend. It will give you a feel for their acceleration and cornering ability.

Mojave JC 1.jpg

For specs, here is the link to the UDR wheels, and they should be very close to those. Same tire, just slightly different wheel: https://jconcepts.net/landmines-pre-mounted-for-traxxas-udr.html

Finally had a chance to run them today on freshly mowed, short wet grass and they were awesome. Very fast and nimble, far superior to the Proline Hyrax tire and much more precise in the corners than the OEM pins. There is also noticeably less traction-roll on grass with these tires when compared to the OEM pins. I did not notice any real ballooning of the tires. I do think the rubber might be too soft on asphalt / concrete. They are actually a bit sticky like a buggy race tire. Right away this feels like a tire from a company who makes RC racing parts. They have that kind of race-feel to them.

I did a few laps with the Go Pro mounted, and I'll post those videos on my You Tube and IG feel tomorrow or this weekend. It will give you a feel for their acceleration and cornering ability.
Nice to finally hear a real world review of these, they look great. I've been looking at new tires/wheels for my Mojo. It's between these, the OEMs, & the Method RC tire/wheel combo. I'm leaning towards the Method RC b/c I like the look of the tire & wheel, and the price is a little easier on the wallet.

Nice to finally hear a real world review of these, they look great. I've been looking at new tires/wheels for my Mojo. It's between these, the OEMs, & the Method RC tire/wheel combo. I'm leaning towards the Method RC b/c I like the look of the tire & wheel, and the price is a little easier on the wallet.
As of now, with all of the testing that's underway, I have narrowed tires down to two choices:

• Method RC for bashing, gravel, asphalt, and concrete.

• JConcepts for grass, soft dirt, or when I need to beat another Mojave on the track. Nothing hooks up like these JConcepts and they don't have the annoying traction roll in corners like the OEM pins.

As of now, with all of the testing that's underway, I have narrowed tires down to two choices:

• JConcepts for grass, soft dirt, or when I need to beat another Mojave on the track. Nothing hooks up like these JConcepts and they don't have the annoying traction roll in corners like the OEM pins.
Man I do a little bit of all the above 🤣 But it definitely sounds like either option will be better than the stockers. Thanks

Hopefully you can test on some wet grass. Mostly what I run my Mojave on… asked my LHS to get me a set of the landmines for my own testing.
Hurricane

Last edited:
I wonder how these compare to the belted mx 28's. I'm tempted to buy them for a truggified buggy. I'm assuming they aren't belted but maybe resist ballooning? Doesn't seem to be many videos of them.

I wonder how these compare to the belted mx 28's. I'm tempted to buy them for a truggified buggy. I'm assuming they aren't belted but maybe resist ballooning? Doesn't seem to be many videos of them.
So we have been posting short videos on our IG page of them running, and currently working on a review for our website which will have more videos. Unfortunately these projects take some time to complete, so it will be some time before we have them published. We are running 5 different tire options all at the same time during testing, so it's a bit of a data tsunami at the moment. We are also terrible at video and prefer to write.

These are not belted, but I have a Max 6 1650 with 22 pinion and no problem running them wide open on 6s. Not crap 6s batteries, but SMC Racing V2 6s batteries. That said, they are not truggy tires, and MX 28's are not SCT tires. You're sorta in the apples to oranges situation there. My main focus is to test and evaluate the best tires for the Mojave. Tires which fit under the body that are somewhat scale to the truck. MX 28's are not that and not on the testing list. I point that out because I can't compare them to the MX 28's on the Mojave.

These JC tires are beastly fast on our truck and we can quickly drop a skilled drone pilot with these, and what really shines is the cornering performance from them. They are peerless in their corner carving ability and continually deliver the fastest lap times on our grass track. They smoke the Hyrax.

If I had to guess, these will be faster and more responsive than the MX 28's, and better for carving technical, fast lines. Lighter, easier to spin up, more conservative side lugs which will cut down on traction rolling. They corner like a madman; precise, controlled, exacting. As for bashing and flying through the air off of jumps, I have no idea. Not my cup of tea. I'm waiting for the Talion to go back on sale, and when it does, I can't wait to test these tires on that platform.

Mojave JC 5.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back