JDowns Limitless Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the plan to retain the plate on the bottom to give the car a true flat undertray?

Yes, the side splitters are carbon fiber and will stay. The body in the end would be fully supported by the front and side splitters. Then held down by the stock mounts.
It’s hard to see above but there is also carbon fiber plates in the front wheel areas.

Yes, the side splitters are carbon fiber and will stay. The body in the end would be fully supported by the front and side splitters. Then held down by the stock mounts.
It’s hard to see above but there is also carbon fiber plates in the front wheel areas.
Good call, it seems like this thing is prepped to go pretty fast if you wanted it to.

Good call, it seems like this thing is prepped to go pretty fast if you wanted it to.

You got me thinking about active aero. Cut a flat piece of carbon while allowing for an active wing behind it. Not totally convinced it will be all that effective, but since I'm already tying into the electronics, adding active aero won't take much effort. Plus it will just look cool. After all looking cool adds 50hp.
IMG_2365.JPG

You got me thinking about active aero. Cut a flat piece of carbon while allowing for an active wing behind it. Not totally convinced it will be all that effective, but since I'm already tying into the electronics, adding active aero won't take much effort. Plus it will just look cool. After all looking cool adds 50hp.View attachment 57699
Might as well put a set of chutes on it too

You got me thinking about active aero. Cut a flat piece of carbon while allowing for an active wing behind it. Not totally convinced it will be all that effective, but since I'm already tying into the electronics, adding active aero won't take much effort. Plus it will just look cool. After all looking cool adds 50hp.
I support you doing this :)
If you do all the work I can reap the benefits later :ROFLMAO:

Between all of you, @JDowns @jondilly1974, @LibertyMKiii, @GMballistic I am learning more about speed, engineering, aerodynamics, 3D printing and a host of other really amazing knowledge, and I hope to be able to implement all one day. Amazing work Arrma Forum Speed Crew.?????

Between all of you, @JDowns @jondilly1974, @LibertyMKiii, @GMballistic I am learning more about speed, engineering, aerodynamics, 3D printing and a host of other really amazing knowledge, and I hope to be able to implement all one day. Amazing work Arrma Forum Speed Crew.?????
OMG I’m just a young pup here. Don’t lump me in with the legends just yet ??✌?✌?

It's nice to follow such an extensive build...
My dream would be to create a LMP class car of the 24h races with the Infraction / Limitless chassis...
For those who don't know what I mean...
DSC0357.jpg

It has to fit with these chassis... :unsure:
But I think that is just a dream ;)

Tomorrow morning the left rear will be done. The last piece to complete the bottom will be the instrument panel. Then the rest will be a drop in piece that uses the existing three mounts. I'm not sure the stock wing is going to cut it. It just looks tiny now.

IMG_2366.JPG

Instrument panel concept. Tough to clear the front shock tower and shocks.

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 9.13.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 9.13.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 9.13.52 AM.png

How many spoils of filament is this to complete? Can’t be more than two KG? Other than the time, this is a pretty cheap body I would think. ??

How many spoils of filament is this to complete? Can’t be more than two KG? Other than the time, this is a pretty cheap body I would think. ??

Not sure just yet. I should add this up in the end. Right now I'm at 1500g including support material and I had to reprint the front end twice due to clearance issues.

Stay away from curbs.

Following )

Curbs will be my enemy on the build for sure. Wide open spaces are going to be my motto for awhile.

Bottom is almost complete. Just need to print the wheel wells and instrument panel. There is going to be plenty of room to access the batteries by just removing the future top portion. Fun part is going to be making the molds to heat form acrylic for the side windows and front windscreen. Need to custom print new mounting posts or possibly borrow from other cars, I'll cross that bridge later on.

Rear wing is definitely going to have to be custom. The stock wing is way too small. I think I can reuse the stock center portion as its the right height. But it has to be much wider.

IMG_2368.JPG

Glueing the front quarter panels together will be a challenge. I may have to figure out a new mounting for the side mirrors so they act like a washer to keep things squared up.

Last edited:
Beautiful piece of engineering. Form and function together in harmony, I love it! Just curious, what printer are you using? I've recently ordered an Artillery X1 Sidewinder
Never mind, just saw where you stated you use the ultimate. Great printe

Looks really good so far... But very heavy that body :giggle:

It is definitely heavier than stock. But the shocks and ESC/Motor will be able to handle the extra weight. After I get use to it on 6S it will jump up to 8S then 12S. Plenty of room for future electronics.

Wrapped up all the bottom pieces. Rear wheel wells and front rock guards are in along with the instrument panel. The instrument panel fits with barely a 1mm to spare around the front shock tower. Got lucky with the first round of measurements on that piece. Changed out the rear wing and tower to tower brace. This is ready to glue up and start the body work while the removable top is being printed.

IMG_2372.JPG

IMG_2373.JPG

IMG_2374.JPG

For sure, there is enough space for powerfull electronics ?
Again ... Looks very good, very detailed!
Do you use normal PLA? And which color do you want to use for your paintjob?

For sure, there is enough space for powerfull electronics ?
Again ... Looks very good, very detailed!
Do you use normal PLA? And which color do you want to use for your paintjob?

The body is printed out of CPE+ and a few small parts will be TPU.

Not totally sure on the paint yet. I'm leaning towards ARRMA Red with a very dark metallic grey. Small trim parts in pearl white.

Something close to this.

Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 3.35.32 PM.png

Although I saw a version in black, white, and gold that was pretty sweet. When it gets close to paint time I'll play with the rendering more.

Still need to figure out how to do the windows yet. Thats next on the list while other parts are printing.

Starting to look like something now.

Bottom is all glued and ready for the body work. Top is coming together nicely. Just have two more pieces to print before I start tackling heat forming windows. Lots of small parts to print yet but those can be done while the body work is being finished and prepped for final paint.

IMG_2377.JPG

IMG_2378.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back