Granite Jerry-rigged's Granite Mega 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3d printing is a possibility. The question would be temp. Right now I only print in PLA, and it does not like heat. Sounds like I better test print one. :)

Oh, and @slick2500 - I finally got my blx185 motor reinstalled last night - it is sitting flush on the chassis. So I don't think a bigger diameter motor will fit.

and in other news, as I was swapping out the diff gears, I noticed the diffs do have gaskets all around. So I filled it full of 10k. Now to see if it holds... :)

So do you know of any place that has .STL or G-code files for Arrma parts? I use a PLA+, and have a lot of luck with strength. Also a 10 minute cure at 200 degrees in a oven makes them pretty solid. I would like to print out a bunch of parts, but not very skilled with CAD to make the files.

On Thingiverse, there is most of the plastic parts to build an Arrma Raider. I've thought about trying to print one just for giggles. But now that the Raider is on the chopping block... :(

Yeah that does kinda suck. I found Nero, Raider, and a couple Big Rock parts to print. Doesn't help those of us who have other vehicles though. Heck I would not be opposed to printing them and sending some to fellow members to test for durability.

3d printing is a possibility. The question would be temp. Right now I only print in PLA, and it does not like heat. Sounds like I better test print one. :)

Oh, and @slick2500 - I finally got my blx185 motor reinstalled last night - it is sitting flush on the chassis. So I don't think a bigger diameter motor will fit.

and in other news, as I was swapping out the diff gears, I noticed the diffs do have gaskets all around. So I filled it full of 10k. Now to see if it holds... :)
Awe man :(

You may be able to get that spur to work, but you will need to drill it.

I used this spur -
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEEYT&P=ML
And these slipper plates -
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXERNV&P=7

The pinion you linked should work, so long as you are using a motor with a 1/8" shaft. Also, realize that it won't fit the standard 17t hole in the motor mount. It might fit the 27t hole, but it would be good to plan on cutting the mount to allow the motor to slide for gear mesh.

I have chipped teeth on both front and back of the main diff gears(ring gears) on my Granite.... thankfully I had purchased an extra a while back and there are still some available on ebay.

So I did the differential input mod. What make it a little prickly for me is that I started with an intact input gear. I went and used a dremel with a cutting disk to cut off the plastic shaft, but I think I took too much of it off. When it came time to drill the hole for the pin, it was perilously close to the end. I question how long this will hold. The other thing that doesn't thrill me is that shaft is not quite centered now so when it rotates it is out of round. I am not sure if that a function on how I cut off the plastic shaft or what. The wheel axle I used was one of the ones I broke the threads off, but from what I could tell that shouldn't make a difference. Fingers crossed everything holds up.

Can you pre-order the BLX4s Granite? Is it definitely coming?

No pre-order that I know of. And no new leaks from Tower. The original leak said mid-July/Early-August for the parts, but did not list the kits. And (sadly) no, I don't have any insider info. :(

The Outcast is $500. The Granite Mega 4x4 is 'Only" $270, but then you will need to factor in a brushless motor and ESC, plus upgrades, so probably another $100-$150 after buying the truck - so probably around $350-$400 (or more) by the time you have it brushless and reliable.

As for that Redcat - A lot of the Redcat products have really mixed reviews. And by mixed, I mean a few good reviews mixed in with a LOT of bad ones.

Here is one Redcat that gets very good reviews - the "Team Redcat" TR-MT10e. $300, with brushless power, so cheaper than getting a Granite 4x4 and then buying brushless power, then dealing with the issues of having brushless power in a Granite Mega 4x4.
https://www.amazon.com/Team-Redcat-...&ie=UTF8&qid=1531773637&sr=1-1&keywords=mt10e
This truck is made by "Team Magic" - here is Vas's review of it -

The Outcast is $500. The Granite Mega 4x4 is 'Only" $270, but then you will need to factor in a brushless motor and ESC, plus upgrades, so probably another $100-$150 after buying the truck - so probably around $350-$400 (or more) by the time you have it brushless and reliable.

As for that Redcat - A lot of the Redcat products have really mixed reviews. And by mixed, I mean a few good reviews mixed in with a LOT of bad ones.

Here is one Redcat that gets very good reviews - the "Team Redcat" TR-MT10e. $300, with brushless power, so cheaper than getting a Granite 4x4 and then buying brushless power, then dealing with the issues of having brushless power in a Granite Mega 4x4.
https://www.amazon.com/Team-Redcat-...&ie=UTF8&qid=1531773637&sr=1-1&keywords=mt10e
This truck is made by "Team Magic" - here is Vas's review of it -
It looks really nice, thanks, but I already have a MT. Plus it doesn't come with a battery or charger. The one I linked is only $236 and has very excellent reviews, is brushless/waterproof, etc., and comes with a 3200 mAh LiPO and a charger.

Not to mention, it just damn looks cool. hehehehe

I'm getting impatient waiting for the senton/granite spur gears to come back in stock... I haven't tried the yeti gear mod yet as I have been hoping the stock gears would arrive shortly. I have emailed horizon hobby about the status of the spur arrival, and they told me very soon. They said to keep checking online part retailers as they will get the updates first. I'm hoping very soon! Didn't know if anyone else had heard anything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back