Jumper Plug getting really hot after 6s run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenHarvey35

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I haven’t been on this forum in a while! But I’m back and I have a question. I run a single 6s pack in my Typhon V3 instead of two 3s packs. The jumper plug needed to run the car on one battery gets really really hot! Not melting plastic hot (or at least I don’t know nor do I really want to know, I hadn’t driven the car long enough to see how hot it could get) but pretty damn hot! It kinda worries me that something is going to happen. Also know that sometimes my ESC will cutoff for a split second and then come back on. I don’t know if that has something do with it but I only have $60 to buy a new ESC so I don’t want to replace it right now.

Sounds like one of the connectors may be a little loose. Or possibly a bad solder joint. I put a single connector on the ESC so I don't have to run a jumper. The less connections the less places for problems. Typically with electrical, the problem lays where the heat is.

What do you mean? Where is the bad solder joint. On the ESC or the jumper? How did you put a single connector on the ESC?

Cut the original connectors off and solder single xt90 in place. I really like the xt90’s with the joint covers.

Okay video of the xt90 connector soldering

What do you mean? Where is the bad solder joint. On the ESC or the jumper? How did you put a single connector on the ESC?

Switch the jumper to the other ESC plug, if it's still just the jumper that is hot then it's most likely in the jumper. I have to assume that the wire on the jumper is #10 ga. Like the rest of your wires. It should be. If it happens to be smaller that would create the heat issue also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back