Notorious Just a thread asking Arrma/ Horizon to ditch the current Spektrum systems for next line up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
I just sent an email as well but I thought it might get their attention if there was a thread of new (me) and longtime customers saying they want a different radio system in the next revisions/ line up. I myself just bought a Notorious 6S and the first thing I did was yank the Spektrum system and installed a Tactic TTX300.

I know I am not alone and have read several complaints, seen many reviewers also that hate the new system. The delay to input, cheap feel, and plastic wheel. So it would be awesome if they went with something else next time. I am currently shopping for a Typhon 3S and cant find one with the Tactic system ANYWHERE. So it looks like I would have to do the same thing with the Typhon as I did with the Notorious.

I know a solution would be to just get a multi model radio which I might do as well. But really shouldnt have to. And if a lot of other people have issues with their RTRs they might shy away from Arrma when all it would take is a better radio. Anyway what do you guys/ gals think?

Can’t argue there. Unfortunately your right and the easy option is one remote for multiple trucks. I’ve already gone down this path and as annoying as it is, problems solved. I agree we shouldn’t have to.

Can’t argue there. Unfortunately your right and the easy option is one remote for multiple trucks. I’ve already gone down this path and as annoying as it is, problems solved. I agree we shouldn’t have to.

Im currently looking at the Radiolink RC4GS or the RC6GS, then just getting an extra receiver to run both cars. What are you using?

Im currently looking at the Radiolink RC4GS or the RC6GS, then just getting an extra receiver to run both cars. What are you using?
I’m running both these transmitters, few guys have had probs with them but so far I can’t fault them.

I refuse to buy another arrma until something is done. I have 2 with tactics, and 1w/spektrum. It is terrible. And with 3 kids, I don't really have the option to do 1 multi model radio... I'm sure they'll do something about it. It's just a matter of time.

I refuse to buy another arrma until something is done. I have 2 with tactics, and 1w/spektrum. It is terrible. And with 3 kids, I don't really have the option to do 1 multi model radio... I'm sure they'll do something about it. It's just a matter of time.

I sure hope so. It wouldnt be as bad if there was some way of still buying the last gen versions. But its like they have been wiped off the internet. Ive searched everywhere for a 3S Typhon with the Tactic and cant find it anywhere. I know the old ones are still out there so are they just sitting on shelves or were they shipped to Horizon for dismantling? ;)

I tend to agree, pitch the piece of crap radio gear and go back to Tactic.

So what's the radio to switch to? I just got my first Arrma that came with the crappy radio.
Futaba 3PV ? With which reciever?

So what's the radio to switch to? I just got my first Arrma that came with the crappy radio.
Futaba 3PV ? With which reciever?

Well what I did with my Notorious was get a Tactic TTX300 on ebay. But now I am thinking about getting a Typhon 3s and instead of just buying another Tactic I am researching a few radios. Specifically the Flysky FS-GT5 or GT3C, and the Radiolink RC4GS or the RC6GS. I think I might go with the FS-GT5. I love the look, and watched some reviews and it seems perfect. A little more expensive than the Radiolink, and an extra receiver is more as well. But not by too much. About $100 for the GT5 and an extra receiver.

OK. Id pay $40 for whichever one you have thats in the best condition. PM me if you ever do list them.
The problem is shipping. The UPS store in my town is a friggin rip-off. What zip are you in so I can see what they would rape me for. And almost all are brand new and unused.

94558. The other one I just bought was shipped USPS 1st class somehow even though Im sure it was over 13oz. But USPS priority for something this light would probably be around $10.
That's a good idea. I'll try the post office.

Does Jennys or eBay have tactics for sale?

I went Futaba after my issues with the Kraton V4. Not looking back. I sold the spektrum locally to someone for $20. Felt bad I got that much for it. Guy wanted it for a crawler build. ?‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back