Notorious Just a thread asking Arrma/ Horizon to ditch the current Spektrum systems for next line up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
last time I checked Jennys was out of stock. But there is some on Ebay.
Just gotta check JRC daily for a week or so and you'll find a tactic. Patience is key though, its hard to let your rig sit for that time.

I have 4 of these radios and will never buy another Arrma with one.

Guys the receivers are fine in the new rigs, it's just the transmitter that sucks. Grab a DX5C Spektrum or similar and if you can do the multi radio thing your good, don't need new receivers. And that is a good feeling transmitter in your hand.

If you need to stay 1 to 1 then previously I would have said FlySky is good choice, but i have had several take a crap now after a year or so.

Two of them reverse stopped working for some reason, even after reset/rebind/ everything, reverse still no go. another just flat out dead, won't turn on anymore.

For the ones I needed to stay 1 to 1 on, i grabbed tactics ebay or RC Nation buy/sell/trade on FB.

Guys the receivers are fine in the new rigs, it's just the transmitter that sucks. Grab a DX5C Spektrum or similar and if you can do the multi radio thing your good, don't need new receivers. And that is a good feeling transmitter in your hand.

If you need to stay 1 to 1 then previously I would have said FlySky is good choice, but i have had several take a crap now after a year or so.

Two of them reverse stopped working for some reason, even after reset/rebind/ everything, reverse still no go. another just flat out dead, won't turn on anymore.

For the ones I needed to stay 1 to 1 on, i grabbed tactics ebay or RC Nation buy/sell/trade on FB.

What Flysky models did you have these issues with?

What Flysky models did you have these issues with?
GT3B and C the dead one is a B, 2 C's still work fine, but 2 other C's lost reverse. So 3 of 5 have problems.

Never going to happen. Horizon owns the Arrma brand and makes Spektrum. They will never sell it with another radio.

Everyone should turn the transmitter in for warranty at least once. That’s the numbers they need to see if they are going to change.

It doesn’t need to be a different brand, just a better model. As stated horizon owns spektrum so that’s not going to change, but which model they put in the box would be an easy change. Maybe they’ll come out with a decent 3 channel for 2020. That’s about the best that we can hope for.

The receiver that comes in the new trucks does not work with the other Spektrum radios. It only works with the STX2.

I want the flysky Noble. I have their newest drone radio the Nirvana and Lord that thing is more premium feeling than most $600 air radios I've felt. Might have to get one.

The receiver that comes in the new trucks does not work with the other Spektrum radios. It only works with the STX2.
Good to know, the only trucks I have that came with Spektrums are my infraction and my SRR, I guess both those have AVC so have better receivers. Forgot they put those STX2's with FHSS instead of a DSMR in the other models.

Found this on 09/05 related to the Mojave. They are aware they need to find another radio than the STX2

Everyone should turn the transmitter in for warranty at least once. That’s the numbers they need to see if they are going to change.

It doesn’t need to be a different brand, just a better model. As stated horizon owns spektrum so that’s not going to change, but which model they put in the box would be an easy change. Maybe they’ll come out with a decent 3 channel for 2020. That’s about the best that we can hope for.
This

They could easily include a better radio, but then they would charge more the the vehicles. Then there would be mass wailing and gnashing of teeth over how much Horizon is charging now.

In reality from a manufacturing perspective cost of the basic STX2 ratio to something mid-low range would be a $5 cost difference to them. (ball park range till you move into the TX with digital screens). In the realm of retail we see that as $60 difference.

In a past life I worked in the semi-conductor industry...
Broken 300mm silicon wafer due to robot handling issues:

-Liberty

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back