Arrma lock-tight is out of control!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The workers are super fast. The jigs they have are nice. Quick work like that with the driver is why I had a trashed screw on a Rlaarlo and I had to drill it out.

ok so 12.9 is good 10.9 is ok and 8.8 is trash.
Dose someone have a chart with info on it?
I wouldn't say 8.8 is trash, ungraded is crappy stuff.

Good to see your post as I’m not the only one struggling with this issue 😒

Do they truly use Red or are you guys just saying that because they are so hard to get out?

This is true or you tools have the bottem 0.2mm rounded.
I have noticed the reddish color. And remaining residue on the fasteners is Thick like a Red TL would be. Factory just uses way too much, whatever Gorilla Snot it truly is. They slob it on. Part of the problem.
If they only used a Blue TL and sparingly they would save more $$. It's faster to just slop it on quick.. They were a lot worse years back. They have gotten better. HH/Arrma UK, just can't control Chinese sourced Production QC issues most of the time. There seems to be a great disconnect there.

Those are a PITA for sure and Arrma has a thread lock fetish. We feel your pain.

The hub-grubs where so tight on mine that I went back and watch the YT video on taking them out a few times to make sure I didn't miss anything. I basically had to roast them off.

I think the fundamental problem thread lock is really meant for much larger fasteners. 1/4" is ~6mm. When we use it on 2.0, 2.5 or 3 mm screws it's way overkill to start with.

1704008930871.png

Those are a PITA for sure and Arrma has a thread lock fetish. We feel your pain.

The hub-grubs where so tight on mine that I went back and watch the YT video on taking them out a few times to make sure I didn't miss anything. I basically had to roast them off.

I think the fundamental problem thread lock is really meant for much larger fasteners. 1/4" is ~6mm. When we use it on 2.0, 2.5 or 3 mm screws it's way overkill to start with.

View attachment 340067
The only time I have found its needed is when it is a high vibration or high RPM grub screw.

And about how long did you hold the heat to it? I gotta do mine too.

3-4 minutes..

If Extra stubborn.. hold it for 6-8

attacking game of thrones GIF

i must break you dolph lundgren GIF

Thanks 👍 It's a V3 K6 & it's the original metal shielded bearings(rears are loose) & from looks of it the grubs have never been removed. So that blue LT patch is gonna be stubborn. I can see some of the blue patch sticking out on one side. I got a TRBRC full rubber shield kit for it.

And about how long did you hold the heat to it? I gotta do mine too.
Depends on the heat source.

With a mini torch I usually start with 10-15 alligators (seconds). Then check it and repeat if needed. I do the same with a soldering iron, but it usually takes a bit longer for the heat to propagate down the screw and more cycles.

Just don't get it glowing red hot, no good can come from that.

Depends on the heat source.

With a mini torch I usually start with 10-15 alligators (seconds). Then check it and repeat if needed. I do the same with a soldering iron, but it usually takes a bit longer for the heat to propagate down the screw and more cycles.

Just don't get it glowing red hot, no good can come from that.
Mini torch, like a benzomatic lp mini torch?

I got em out. 60 secs w a little hand torch I got at dollar general. Came right out no problem.
45sec will do it & composite doesn't even get warm. 60sec it does

3-4 minutes..

If Extra stubborn.. hold it for 6-8

attacking game of thrones GIF

i must break you dolph lundgren GIF
This is why 1min did not work for me.
I wonder how fast it would heat up if I used a shop torch?
The little black & orange torch in the pic? I went to Dollar General store in my town it was 4 dollars. I guess any gas station or dollar store has them.
I know what I am going to be looking for when I go to DG next.

This is why 1min did not work for me.
I wonder how fast it would heat up if I used a shop torch?

Fire Melting GIF by MotorTrend

You like it... extra toasty?

Last edited:
Back