Arrma lock-tight is out of control!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why 1min did not work for me.
I wonder how fast it would heat up if I used a shop torch?

I know what I am going to be looking for when I go to DG next.
It worked fine. I was thinking it was going to be a pita, but they backed right out. The little torch is pretty hot for a DG thing. I've never had one. Held it bout 5/8 - 3/4" away for 45sec & she's out. Hope that works for others-

It worked fine. I was thinking it was going to be a pita, but they backed right out. The little torch is pretty hot for a DG thing. I've never had one. Held it bout 5/8 - 3/4" away for 45sec & she's out. Hope that works for others-
"The little torch is pretty hot for a DG thing." :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
That is a good torch, or you got lucky.

The little black & orange torch in the pic? I went to Dollar General store in my town it was 4 dollars. I guess any gas station or dollar store has them.

I'll be hitting DG tomorrow and getting myself a half dozen of those handy dandy little lighters.
Just what I been looking for!

Thank you. 👍

I've been in this hobby a few decades back and never had I had the need to keep lighters in my tool box. Not even with all the heatshrinking business. Now I feel insecure without one. I totally recommend the "wind proof" type. The torches. It can spit the flame accurately and not just upwards.

I actually don't know what it is, I watched a video of them assembling the WL Toys cars and whatever they used was amber colored, but I do know that it is not 242 blue like Jason claims they use.

View attachment 339416

For all we know they are simply using some glue or adhesive.:cautious:
Legit Threadlocker is quite expensive.
With mass production they can save some good coin using some garbage adhesive, that is not truly removable, and get away with that. I know that fasteners are sometimes wettened with an oil for assembly. This avoids melting fasteners into plastics using faster production power tools, and much of the plastic needs to be fresh threaded anyway. With most newly molded plastic parts, most Mfrs.

Tip>>>When I build kit models from scratch, i.e my Tekno etc, or installing new never used Retail plastic parts, not Kitbreaker stuff, I use Chap Stick on the fasteners when fresh cutting them into the plastics. I may even have that one or 2 fasteners (Socket Heads) for fresh cutting the threads, first. Screwing in then out, and only then using the proper screw. I do use a power driver with Quality MIP tips on slow speed., Initial and Final torquing is always done with my MIP hand driver.

Last edited:
Just got back from raiding the local tiny DG shop...
I had assumed they would be in the automotive section ,walked up and down the isles looking for some big butane torch looking thing..
Eventually asked an employee and she pointed me to the front counter.

These things are tiny..
And I have small hands so, these are basically pinky size torches.

IMG_20240103_114532173.jpg

IMG_20240103_114648929.jpg

IMG_20240103_114610415.jpg

IMG_20240103_114714252.jpg

IMG_20240103_114601507.jpg

IMG_20240103_114923189.jpg

Size doesn't matter if it gets the job done.
💥👊🤣👍

This one below is Butane refillable. They use a lot of butane quickly . All of them do. This at THD. A nice brand tool. You can even do field soldering with this one. Worth the $35. (y)
But any disposable "Crack" lighter will work fine. Any "Head shop" will have them.;)

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bernzom...gger-Ignition-and-Flame-Lock-330194/301134308

And this one will also work every time. If your budget allows.
GOT TORCH??
:ROFLMAO:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lincoln...r-Cutting-Welding-and-Brazing-KH990/206959650

Last edited:
Just got back from raiding the local tiny DG shop...
I had assumed they would be in the automotive section ,walked up and down the isles looking for some big butane torch looking thing..
Eventually asked an employee and she pointed me to the front counter.

These things are tiny..
And I have small hands so, these are basically pinky size torches.

View attachment 340636

View attachment 340637

View attachment 340638

View attachment 340640

View attachment 340641

View attachment 340642

Size doesn't matter if it gets the job done.
💥👊🤣👍
Yep mine was like the 3rd one. Shoots a decent blue flame. Reminds me of oxy torch welding back in the day. You had to get the flame 'tip' just right. Looks good man.

Changing out the stock mounts. That’s a metric ton of loctite! 😂 Thanks all for the tips here, would not have managed this without you all.

View attachment 351259

Dang, that's why the 737's are loosing their doors. Arrma took all the threadlock.

Now to clean it up. Hold the screw with some vise-grips, torch it till it smokes and wire brush it. Good as new.

Back